<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

let's talk about music

Started by Custom, May 10, 2013, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on May 10, 2013, 10:48:00 AM
because none of us listen to the same music

my favorite recent discovery is a little know 90s band called Eric's Trip.

In terms of more recent music I've been listening to the new releases by vampire weekend, the national, and primal scream, but none of them have been super impressing.

but that's just yesterday. looking back at the last few months my favorite albums have been autre ne veut's anxiety, doldrums' lesser evil, my bloody valentine's mbv, and youth lagoon's wondrous bughouse.

just bought the new vampire weekend
haven't listened to it yet though
but man we really don't listen to the same music at all FUCK

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kaz

Quote from: Custom on May 14, 2013, 01:12:50 PM
i like these ones
i've been buying cds instead of digital
i want to move to vinyl but i can't find something that will play them well, haha

i have a friend that has Hello everyone. Nice to meet you. We are Midori. on vinyl, probably one of the most expensive records he owns and he owns a lot of overly expensive records (he just blew $150 on Aphex Twin's Druqks)

anyway i just splurged on a nice new turntable personally instead of trying to search around for a good used one

it's unfortunate though that MOTFD only released on CD so i'll have to get their two EPs on CD and settle for that...and i think most Midori releases were CD-only as well, or else the vinyls are rather rare and expensive

also the Flaming Lips new The Terror album cost more than it should have for the limited vinyl release but i bought it anyway
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Custom

Quote from: Kaz on May 14, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
i have a friend that has Hello everyone. Nice to meet you. We are Midori. on vinyl, probably one of the most expensive records he owns and he owns a lot of overly expensive records (he just blew $150 on Aphex Twin's Druqks)

anyway i just splurged on a nice new turntable personally instead of trying to search around for a good used one

it's unfortunate though that MOTFD only released on CD so i'll have to get their two EPs on CD and settle for that...and i think most Midori releases were CD-only as well, or else the vinyls are rather rare and expensive

also the Flaming Lips new The Terror album cost more than it should have for the limited vinyl release but i bought it anyway

i wanted to get some iron maiden vinyls at the record store but man they were like $50 each. I can't even imagine spending $150 for a single record

yeah i got motfd back in the day but I was pretty surprised recently to see they had their poop on itunes. usually bands like that don't really make it past the CD-only japan releases

i still need to listen to the terror. I heard it's pretty out there

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kaz

It's less about songs and more about atmosphere. It's dark and sprawling. I liked Embryonic more, as far as their new albums go.

My list basically goes

The Soft Bulletin = Transmissions from the Satellite Heart > Clouds Taste Metallic > Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots > Embryonic > In a Priest Driven Ambulance > The Terror = At War With the Mystics >>> Hit to Death in the Future Head >>>>>>>>> Oh My Gawd!! = Telepathic Surgery > Hear It Is

Zaireeka gets a "well uh i don't have four cd players" rating from me

man i'd love to get my hands on the Gummy Song Fetus and Gummy Song Skull things
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Flying Chickens

metal dubble bays 4 school

buttlord420

i listen to justin timberlake and maroon 5

Flying Chickens

Quote from: SilverHunter35 on May 26, 2013, 03:36:35 PM
i listen to justin timberlake and maroon 5
ive got a soot and ty for my moves like jager