Main Menu

What you know about TAKS

Started by Eizweir, April 29, 2009, 01:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

The TAKS is the end-of-year standardized test in Texas, you know, locked in a room all day long while being dead quiet.  The works.  Anyways, this video has been played at my school uncountable times is recent days, and it's so off I figured I'd share.

So if I do my pushups in the rain, will I do good on the test?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

yes.derek

I had to take the math TAKS today. I drank an energy drink during it which kept me awake, but also made me feel incredibly sick since I hadn't eaten anything the whole day.

I still have 2 more tests to do.

:[
HEY LOOK HEY

The Seventh

I can't remember, but don't most states copy Iowa's standardized tests system, and rename it for some wierd reason?

I know California does that, at the least...

I've already had the standardized tests this year.  We do that in the first semester.
meh

Syncopathic

Quote from: [-Xephyr-] on April 29, 2009, 01:26:44 PM
The TAKS is the end-of-year standardized test in Texas, you know, locked in a room all day long while being dead quiet.  The works.  Anyways, this video has been played at my school uncountable times is recent days, and it's so off I figured I'd share.

This video makes me want to shoot myself. Christ, people weren't lying when they said it was horrible.

And I'm taking my math TAKS tomorrow.
If it's anything like the review today, it will be extremely easy.

Silverhawk79

I'm glad I'm done with standardized testing.
The MAP test was a joke.

Tupin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 29, 2009, 01:59:50 PM
I'm glad I'm done with standardized testing.
The MAP test was a joke.
Yeah, it took us like two weeks to finish it.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kilroy

Standardized Tests are extremely easy. That video was also hysterical.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

えっちーせんぱい

I passed my standard testing last year on the first try, whereas we have seniors that can't even pass math (and that was 9th grade math).

Friendly Hostile

NY utilizes the Regents tests.  They're such bullpoop.  They don't actually test you on anything, other than the ability to read and interpret questions and the reference tables.

Linkman

Quote from: [-Xephyr-] on April 29, 2009, 01:26:44 PM

Oh god.  I'm ashamed to take these tests now...

Super

Us Arizonans have to take the AIMS. (Arizona's Instrument to Measure Standards)

Took it a few years ago. It was so easy. The standards are so low.

Kilroy

Quote from: Super on April 29, 2009, 03:43:28 PM

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

bluaki

Ever since before I started Kindergarten in 1998, I believe my state has had its standardized tests, called FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test). We usually take its tests in early February, and it takes the state so long to grade them that we usually get the scores during the last week of school in late May or early June.
And I'll note that that test is ridiculously easy in Math, testing things that I learned about 4 years before the test. Reading is rather easy too, but not quite as much. Yet, even with the insane ease of the test, the number of people who fail it are apparently a huge issue to the state.
They almost completely lack a science test, giving it out only to 5th and 11th grades I believe.

Super

Quote from: Kilroy the Scoot on April 29, 2009, 03:47:27 PM
Quote from: Super on April 29, 2009, 03:43:28 PM

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
No child was left behind. They were all put at the same, low level.

Rius

That was the most retarded thing I had ever seen, and it's now a fad at my school. At least I don't have to actually take those tests again.

Also, you're not supposed to sleep during or after the test, at least that was the rule last year. Funny they're encouraging you to pack pillows.