Main Menu

Oddest Zelda game?

Started by Hyper, February 26, 2009, 06:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyper

What Zelda game was the oddest for you? For me it was, Majoras Mask, That game Had creepy music and odd enemys, But it was a good game.

Macawmoses

To me, it was Wind Waker. It was such a diversion from what we truly saw Zelda is. It's odd, yes, but it is brilliant.

SkyMyl

The original Four Swords.

Imagine, Four Links running around at the same time? It didn't sound that good at first, and to some it still doesn't. But I personally like it now.

Shujinco2

Oracle of ages.

Or maybe Majora's Mask.

Mutilator7

Majora's mask, 4 swords was cool when i first got it and it still is.

Magnum

AOL. And, unlike all those others that have been said, this one sucked

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

X-3

Majora seemed pretty weird, story-wise. There are things unexplained, and things left up to the player. The game takes on a more depressing feel overall. Also, the moon is kinda freaky.

AoL was a big departure from the original Zelda's gameplay, which makes it an oddity of sorts in the series.   

Transient Link

LA, simply because it made no sense, the island was a dream world? You fight some blob that takes forms of past bosses? Its so strange and odd...and so many nintendo characters like Yoshi were in it.

chaosgear

mm was the most different from other games, but ww was so revolutionary.

JrDude

Wind Waker. I always saw Zelda as a land only game, and playing weird instruments, but Wind Waker was all sea and some stick (it has a name, conductors use them, I forgot what it's called), and I liked the toony graphics.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kierou

Spirit Tracks. I know it hasn't been released but TRAINS?

I'll buy it, and love it, of course, but still.

chaosgear

Quote from: Kierou on May 07, 2009, 12:20:58 PM
Spirit Tracks. I know it hasn't been released but TRAINS?

I'll buy it, and love it, of course, but still.
there is one thing i dont get about that one...WHERE DID THE LAND COME FROM!? its after ww and ph, both of which are ocean. but there is land! and Zelda! she was Tetra! but in the trailer she was Zelda! WTH!?
the train part is easier to understand. ww and ph happened in the future, so they could have low-tech machines, like the steamboat from ph. or a random, magic train on random, nonexistent land.

JrDude

The ocean thingy wasn't the only part of the world you guys, it's just a portion. It is possible that there is a huge ass piece of land somewhere.
And think about PH, the place was basically a dream from when Link jumped on the Haunted Ship, maybe it's another dream.
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Link's Awakening was pretty weird for me. Going to the face shrine and finding out everything was a dream...

Super

Quote from: chaosgear on May 06, 2009, 07:10:23 PM
mm was the most different from other games, but ww was so revolutionary.
Too bad WW sucked horribly.