Main Menu

Destroy A Game/Apparently Vent About Games You Were Disappointed By

Started by Doodle, February 08, 2009, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on February 08, 2009, 10:31:42 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 08, 2009, 04:11:51 PM
expand on your previous smash hit by doing the exact same thing, except restricting ammo use, limiting exploration, implementing a damaging environment to discourage exploration, making 90% of the bosses easy and 10% unbeatable the first time through, use the same story that everyone else has used for the last 10 years, while not expanding at all on the one established in the previous title, making half of the game dreary, boring, and monotonous, add in an even bigger fetch quest than the previous game, except this time make it so that you can't collect them on the way

oh

wait.

I can do another one of these too! :D
I liked Echoes, and Corruption is the best game on the Wii, hands down. (of course, considering that every game on the Wii is God awful.......well I still thought corruption was good).

Oh and if you want to ruin a game, just ask Sakurai. He did a great job of destroying a series.
SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI >:(

Lotos

Let Nintendo EAD develop a Donkey Kong game.

Shujinco2

Take an awesome and insanely hard FPS and make it easier, add a story (Which it doesn't need one.), get rid of all the awesome Enemies, and weapons, and make the final boss so hard a good player can't even beat it in under an hour.

Eizweir

Focus more on the little fun details and bonus modes instead of the simple, actual, basic gameplay.

It's not just Brawl >_<
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

The Seventh

Make the controls hard to get used to, and make the timing vauge.

And lag riddle it, to boot.
meh

SkyMyl

First, create an amazing action/adventure game.

Then when it's about time to start on the sequel, which is actually a prequel to the first, give it average graphics, awful controls, lots of lag/delays, lack of consistent storyline to the first, thus resulting in loads of retconning, make the enemies sadistically difficult, make the new protaganist even more emo and wangst filled than a certain Cloud, and top it off with the biggest WTF Ending in Video Game history. If you can get that far.

Then top the presentation off with "oh wait".

L10

You guys are intercourse ing retarded.
0o!f

Zovistograt

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 10, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
It's more fun ranting in general terms about games you dislike than actually doing what this thread is about, which isn't that.  It's true.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

L10

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 10, 2009, 06:01:11 PM
It's more fun ranting in general terms about games you dislike than actually doing what this thread is about, which isn't that.  It's true.
That wasn't what I was talking about.
0o!f

jnfs2014

Mix an RPG with an FPS and see what you get.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 10, 2009, 06:03:03 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 10, 2009, 06:01:11 PM
That wasn't what I was talking about.
well it was a good guess.

ah well.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on February 10, 2009, 06:32:25 PM
Mix an RPG with an FPS and see what you get.
Fallout 3.

Oh, and take an already obscure series on an obscure platform that has problems, improve the graphics, make the controls even worse, and make it so you cannot attack any enemies at all.

You'll never get this one, so I'll tell you. It's the second Alex Kidd game, Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Take any licensed material...and make a game out of it! *Note: there is the rare exception*

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on February 10, 2009, 06:51:44 PM
Take any licensed material...and make a game out of it! *Note: there is the rare exception*
Notably, any licensed game made by Capcom.

Little Nemo, Yo Noid, Willow, Magical Quest, Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Little Mermaid are all good licensed games that all happen to be made by Capcom.

Don't forget the new Spiderman games, too.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on February 10, 2009, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 10, 2009, 06:51:44 PM
Notably, any licensed game made by Capcom.

Little Nemo, Yo Noid, Willow, Magical Quest, Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Little Mermaid are all good licensed games that all happen to be made by Capcom.

Don't forget the new Spiderman games, too.
Spider-Man is very hit and miss, but I admit of all the superheroes he gets the best games.