Main Menu

The End of An Era

Started by HTA!, January 05, 2008, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

As I write this I am reminded of a word.

Value.

This obviously applying to Super Smash Bros Melee.
Its gone for nearly 7 years and its still being played today. It was truly an amazing game, and one of my favorites.

Before this gem gets blotted out by Brawl, which will undoubtedly live up to its precursers, i wanted to reflect a little.
This thread might be called the a final tribute to Melee, just a small token and a hope for many years to come.

And so on to the question, what is the #1 feature, character, etc. that you liked the most in Melee?
What do you want to be different in Brawl?
What is your biggest hope for the future of smash?

And Finally, are you satisfied with how this "final" installment has panned out?

Happy Smashing!
(Cheers to my first attempt at a long thread)

Apollo

yeah i think this Smash will be even better of course.
I have to say the best thing about ssbm was the multiplayer and the trophies.

Shujinco2

I loved Ness. Melee might be his final bout in smash, and he shall be remembered dearly.

HTA!

Quote from: Shujinco on January 05, 2008, 02:15:37 PM
I loved Ness. Melee might be his final bout in smash, and he shall be remembered dearly.

Lucas = Cross platform clone :P

Although, i am still banking on his return seeing as he is a veteran.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 05, 2008, 02:17:55 PM

SO? I want him to return! >:(

HTA!

Quote from: Shujinco on January 05, 2008, 02:19:38 PM

Commandeflint in disguise.... :O

NVM

Shujinco2

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 05, 2008, 02:20:41 PM

NVM
LOL, commanderflint is already here. :D

HTA!

Quote from: Shujinco on January 05, 2008, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 05, 2008, 02:20:41 PM

NVM
LOL, commanderflint is already here. :D

Great i can use this picture again...

Captain Justice

........OMFG ITS HECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O:O:O
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Geno

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on January 05, 2008, 02:44:47 PM
........OMFG ITS HECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O:O:O
I remember him.

He was badass.

HTA!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 05, 2008, 02:10:59 PM

Value.

Its gone for nearly 7 years and its still being played today. It was truly an amazing game, and one of my favorites.

Before this gem gets blotted out by Brawl, which will undoubtedly live up to its precursers, i wanted to reflect a little.
This thread might be called the a final tribute to Melee, just a small token and a hope for many years to come.

And so on to the question, what is the #1 feature, character, etc. that you liked the most in Melee?

And Finally, are you satisfied with how this "final" installment has panned out?

Happy Smashing!
I hear ya bro.

Let me see, to answer your questions 1 by 1.

1. From SSBM, Was the "gameplay". Which should include controls, adventure mode, and vs mode, heheheheheheh.
They were all just so perfect. It fit all well together, like the perfect blend of Strawberry, Chocolate, and Vanilla icecream.

I don't even care about the graphics, but how realistic it looked was just such a great added Bonus.

2. Well, sorry to sound like I'm selfish but I hope that all "maneuvers" such as, wave dashing, shuffling etc, I'm not
even going to list them all. I hope they all do not come back, and I hope that another way of using techs it's blotted out
of the smash universe forever.

3. My biggest hope is that they will continue to make Smash Games, but even so better then the last.
With better graphics, More characters, better Online mode, and well pretty much everything else.  :robothappy:

tollhouse2006

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on January 05, 2008, 02:51:57 PM

Value.

Happy Smashing!
I hear ya bro.

1. From SSBM, Was the "gameplay". Which should include controls, adventure mode, and vs mode, heheheheheheh.
They were all just so perfect. It fit all well together, like the perfect blend of Strawberry, Chocolate, and Vanilla icecream.

I don't even care about the graphics, but how realistic it looked was just such a great added Bonus.

2. Well, sorry to sound like I'm selfish but I hope that all "maneuvers" such as, wave dashing, shuffling etc, I'm not
even going to list them all. I hope they all do not come back, and I hope that another way of using techs it's blotted out

3. My biggest hope is that they will continue to make Smash Games, but even so better then the last.
With better graphics, More characters, better Online mode, and well pretty much everything else.  :robothappy:
The only issue with more smash games are who the newcomers will be.  They put in pretty much everybody that's important.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 05, 2008, 02:54:06 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on January 05, 2008, 02:51:57 PM

Value.

Happy Smashing!
I hear ya bro.

The only issue with more smash games are who the newcomers will be.  They put in pretty much everybody that's important.
Mmm, I woudln't say everybody.

People still have high hopes for Megaman, Bomberman and lawed knows who/what else.

Going from that rumor, I do hope that the Roster is well over SSBM's...
Though from all the trailers and information, it seems highly unlikely.

CommanderFlint

Lucas lacks coolness. pun;