Main Menu

Why do people hate ZSS?

Started by tollhouse2006, January 01, 2008, 12:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Because you are getting a new character, but can't really use ZSS outside of when smash balls are on.

Dawei

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 01, 2008, 12:12:58 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 01, 2008, 12:09:33 PM
I don't like Zamus because I am forced to use her if I use my Final Smash. If she was a completely separate character who wasn't activated in a forced way, maybe I'd use her. But I don't want to be owning in a fight, and then lose my armor and get owned because I'm not used to and don't like her play style.
I guess it just takes getting used to.  You played as ZSS at the E3 for All?
No. Didn't really feel like playing as Samus because I didn't like using her that much in Melee.

Also, it's called E4all. ;)

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on January 01, 2008, 12:17:42 PM
I don't like Zamus because I am forced to use her if I use my Final Smash. If she was a completely separate character who wasn't activated in a forced way, maybe I'd use her. But I don't want to be owning in a fight, and then lose my armor and get owned because I'm not used to and don't like her play style.
No. Didn't really feel like playing as Samus because I didn't like using her that much in Melee.

You were there? Dang...no fair... (that's what I'm getting from your post...so if I'm wrong then I'm an idiot :P )
Who'd you play as?

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Nayrman on January 01, 2008, 12:13:33 PM
Because you are getting a new character, but can't really use ZSS outside of when smash balls are on.
Well, if you wanted to play like in Melee than turn the smash balls off and you won't have to worry about ZSS.  Also, if you get the smash ball nobody said you didn't have to use the zero laser.  Also, you can throw off your opponent by changing into a much faster character.

Quote from: Nayrman on January 01, 2008, 12:19:22 PM

You were there? Dang...no fair... (that's what I'm getting from your post...so if I'm wrong then I'm an idiot :P )
Who'd you play as?
My bad.  So you never played as ZSS?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Nayrman

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 01, 2008, 12:20:47 PM
Well, if you wanted to play like in Melee than turn the smash balls off and you won't have to worry about ZSS.  Also, if you get the smash ball nobody said you didn't have to use the zero laser.  Also, you can throw off your opponent by changing into a much faster character.

I meant you can't use her if you don't use final smashes, and you're forced to use her if you DO use them...it's sorta unfair in a way.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Nayrman on January 01, 2008, 12:22:57 PM

I meant you can't use her if you don't use final smashes, and you're forced to use her if you DO use them...it's sorta unfair in a way.
Well, maybe Sakurai will let you chose to start of as Samus or Zero Suit Samus.  They'd still be the same character though on the selection screen.  It could turn out to be a cheat like how you can instantly transform into Shiek right when the match starts in melee.

Nayrman

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 01, 2008, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 01, 2008, 12:22:57 PM

Well, maybe Sakurai will let you chose to start of as Samus or Zero Suit Samus.  They'd still be the same character though on the selection screen.  It could turn out to be a cheat like how you can instantly transform into Shiek right when the match starts in melee.
It's still not a "one or the other" like Zelda/Sheik is, it's just too forced for my liking...but I rarely use Samus anyway, but it still irks me.

Nintendude92

@Shujinco- The Zero laser is capable of more then 40%, I would know. It also always gets you off the edge. Can you say meteor smash? ZSS's Meteor is awesome.

Infact, most of ZSS's physical moves reflect Samus' moves but are pulled off faster. The only detrimental difference is that she uses a paralyzer for smash attacks which works beautiffly. She's not psuedo fast, but much better on her feet then Samus. Don't knock her until you give her a try, its worth it.

(I went to E for all..)
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Dawei

Who'd you play as?
Yeah, I was there. I mainly used Fox, Meta Knight, and Bowser, though I used Pit and Diddy Kong occasionally.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Dawei on January 01, 2008, 12:28:23 PM

Who'd you play as?
Yeah, I was there. I mainly used Fox, Meta Knight, and Bowser, though I used Pit and Diddy Kong occasionally.
Is it true that Fox isn't as great as he was in melee?

Apollo

Who'd you play as?
my question is "Are metaknight and pit fun to use?"

Nintendude92

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 01, 2008, 12:35:28 PM

Who'd you play as?
Fox got nerfed. :/
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Dawei

Who'd you play as?
Yeah. Lasers got nerfed, floatier (but so is everyone), and because of the lack of wavedash he can't waveshine. You can find a better review of him here.

Tupin

Metaknight is going to be upper tier...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Dawei on January 01, 2008, 12:38:59 PM

Who'd you play as?
Yeah. Lasers got nerfed, floatier (but so is everyone), and because of the lack of wavedash he can't waveshine. You can find a better review of him here.
I'm sure he got nerfed to balance his moveset with his final smash right?