Main Menu

Is there anyway to block the swearing?

Started by Phantom_Kirby:):P:D, September 25, 2007, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassir

Quote from: Phantom_Kirby:):P:D on September 25, 2007, 04:22:22 PM
Quote from: Bassir on September 25, 2007, 04:17:50 PM
Just get off the internet if it even bothers you.

I hate people like you. I really do. You're saying that I should get off the internet because I dislike cuss words, when there are tonnes of places on the internet that are swear word free. Nsider was one of them, and this so called Nsider should have the option to block them as well.

People like me are the people that put the cash in your pocket to bring home your family that rotten piece of bacon, son.

cussing is free speech

so get out

or just die

OCD1

I hate people like you. I really do. You're saying that I should get off the internet because I dislike cuss words, when there are tonnes of places on the internet that are swear word free. Nsider was one of them, and this so called Nsider should have the option to block them as well.

agreed. Not on the hate thing, but there is no necessity for swear words.
WOODY IS BACK!!! WOODY RULES!!

reported

RedRaider

Quote from: Bassir on September 25, 2007, 04:23:52 PM

People like me are the people that put the cash in your pocket to bring home your family that rotten piece of bacon, son.

cussing is free speech

so get out

or just die
Stop trolling.
[23:04] <RedRaider> join #intercourse me to intercourse  me
[23:04] *** Mystic has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** 00KIRBY has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Jennifer has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Lavamania has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** WIIGAMER24 has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Sync has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Kilroy has joined #intercourse me

Judas

I don't disagree with having the option to block them (which I don't think is possible, by the way), but I strongly disagree with people who are afraid or ashamed to even read a "cuss word". I mean, what's our society coming to when we can be controlled by words? Same with racial slurs, and racism in general. Sure, if you want to insult someone, and you use a provocative racial slur of choice against them, it will have an effect. But if you're joking with your intelligent friends, it's meaningless. The words aren't inherently bad, it's how you choose to use them that's bad. That only applies to racial slurs, though; regular "cuss words" are meaningless all the time.  :robottongue:
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Phantom_Kirby:):P:D

Quote from: Bassir on September 25, 2007, 04:23:52 PM

cussing is free speech

so get out

or just die
When have you ever put cash in my pocket? never, I presume. It's also incredibly immature  to tell me to die because I don't like swearing. Sure cussing is free speech in the outside world, but it is rude speech that not everyone likes to see.

Bassir

FunPika4

Quote from: Snorkel on September 25, 2007, 04:26:04 PM

I don't disagree with having the option to block them (which I don't think is possible, by the way), but I strongly disagree with people who are afraid or ashamed to even read a "cuss word". I mean, what's our society coming to when we can be controlled by words? Same with racial slurs, and racism in general. Sure, if you want to insult someone, and you use a provocative racial slur of choice against them, it will have an effect. But if you're joking with your intelligent friends, it's meaningless. The words aren't inherently bad, it's how you choose to use them that's bad. That only applies to racial slurs, though; regular "cuss words" are meaningless all the time.  :robottongue:
Snorkel, please go to the look and layout preferences part of your profile.

RedRaider

Quote from: Bassir on September 25, 2007, 04:27:17 PM
Quote from: RedRaider on September 25, 2007, 04:24:49 PM
Stop trolling.

so in other words, Telling the truth is trolling?
This is an NSider spinoff. Most people here can't handle the truth.
[23:04] <RedRaider> join #intercourse me to intercourse  me
[23:04] *** 00KIRBY has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Jennifer has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Lavamania has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** WIIGAMER24 has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Sync has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Kilroy has joined #intercourse me

OCD1

I don't disagree with having the option to block them (which I don't think is possible, by the way), but I strongly disagree with people who are afraid or ashamed to even read a "cuss word". I mean, what's our society coming to when we can be controlled by words? Same with racial slurs, and racism in general. Sure, if you want to insult someone, and you use a provocative racial slur of choice against them, it will have an effect. But if you're joking with your intelligent friends, it's meaningless. The words aren't inherently bad, it's how you choose to use them that's bad. That only applies to racial slurs, though; regular "cuss words" are meaningless all the time.  :robottongue:

I have to listen to swear words all day at school. When I came here, I could get away from that. Not so anymore.

reported

Judas

Quote from: FunPika4 on September 25, 2007, 04:27:52 PM

I don't disagree with having the option to block them (which I don't think is possible, by the way), but I strongly disagree with people who are afraid or ashamed to even read a "cuss word". I mean, what's our society coming to when we can be controlled by words? Same with racial slurs, and racism in general. Sure, if you want to insult someone, and you use a provocative racial slur of choice against them, it will have an effect. But if you're joking with your intelligent friends, it's meaningless. The words aren't inherently bad, it's how you choose to use them that's bad. That only applies to racial slurs, though; regular "cuss words" are meaningless all the time.  :robottongue:
Snorkel, please go to the look and layout preferences part of your profile.

Aw, darn. That's embarassing.  :robottongue:
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Quote from: OCD1 on September 25, 2007, 04:28:31 PM

I have to listen to swear words all day at school. When I came here, I could get away from that. Not so anymore.

Same here.

Stop trolling.

So what you were saying was truth? Yeah right.

-You don't put money in my Pocket
-I don't have to die
- I don't have to leave the internet to escape swearing.  There are many places online without cursing.

OCD1

Quote from: Phantom_Kirby:):P:D on September 25, 2007, 04:32:00 PM
Stop trolling.

So what you were saying was truth? Yeah right.

-You don't put money in my Pocket
-I don't have to die
- I don't have to leave the internet to escape swearing.  There are many places online without cursing.

tru dat

reported

Judas

Uh, so why's swearing so bad to you guys, anyway? :|

OCD1

Quote from: Snorkel on September 25, 2007, 04:35:10 PM
Uh, so why's swearing so bad to you guys, anyway? :|

Well, for me, I believe swearing is wrong because it says so in the Bible. It took a lot of work to get off the habit of swearing, and listening to it all the time doesn't exactly help me.

reported