October 17, 2018, 02:41:43 AM
News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

This place needs a makeover.

Started by Silverhawk79, September 30, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Silverhawk79

New boards, new people, new themes, and more activity. Invite your friends! I'm tired of low activity.

Max Headroom

[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 30, 2018, 03:36:47 AMCan we import some of the classic ones?
Probably, I just need to make sure they're compatible.

Silverhawk79

They're not. But I installed a theme that looks at least a little less awful than the default.

Silverhawk79

Also, should we add more boards? Take away boards? Add an imageboard similar to 4chan? I can do ANYTHING.

Max Headroom

September 30, 2018, 09:58:24 AM #5 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:09:10 AM by Max Headroom
I can try to dig up the Oldsider assets, but adding or removing forums doesn't mean anything if it doesn't get new people (or bring back old regulars). Maybe think about some kind of social media campaign targeting people who used to frequent Oldsider.

Also: Fix the UI. If you haven't noticed, smiles and certain forum functions don't seem to work.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 30, 2018, 09:58:24 AMI can try to dig up the Oldsider assets, but adding or removing forums doesn't mean anything if it doesn't get new people (or bring back old regulars). Maybe think about some kind of social media campaign targeting people who used to frequent Oldsider.

Also: Fix the UI. If you haven't noticed, smiles and certain forum functions don't seem to work.
Yeah, some file paths got broken during the upgrade. I'll be working on that.

Max Headroom

September 30, 2018, 10:17:58 AM #7 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:18:43 AM by Max Headroom
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 30, 2018, 10:14:31 AMYeah, some file paths got broken during the upgrade. I'll be working on that.
Fixing things should be top priority, but if you can generalize the icons that all themes have in common, I'd have an easier time putting together "theme packages". Banners need no such info.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 30, 2018, 10:17:58 AMFixing things should be top priority, but if you can generalize the icons that all themes have in common, I'd have an easier time putting together "theme packages". Banners need no such info.
Well, I fixed the smilies, though they're all back to SMF's defaults for now. What parts of the UI are broken?

Super

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 30, 2018, 02:05:02 PMWell, I fixed the smilies, though they're all back to SMF's defaults for now. What parts of the UI are broken?
Logging in.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 30, 2018, 02:05:02 PMWell, I fixed the smilies, though they're all back to SMF's defaults for now. What parts of the UI are broken?
Besides losing some bracket-dependent features:

Code Select

The message has the following error or errors that must be corrected before continuing:
    There was a problem and your attachments could not be uploaded
    The attachments directory can not be located. Please notify an administrator of this problem.

[move][/move]

Max Headroom

October 02, 2018, 08:38:13 PM #11 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:38:25 PM by Max Headroom
Quote from: Max Headroom on October 01, 2018, 04:09:18 AMBesides losing some bracket-dependent features

i.e.:

Quote from: JrDude on October 01, 2018, 11:08:02 PMSpoiler alert without the spoiler boxes.

BTW I've been meaning to ask: What's with the blank daily digest e-mails? I don't recall setting up any e-mail notifications for any sort of digest. Interesting enough, I missed a reply in nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=40338.0.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Super on October 01, 2018, 02:03:23 AMLogging in.
is that broken? I may need to try and do a fresh install or something.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Max Headroom on October 02, 2018, 08:38:13 PMi.e.:

BTW I've been meaning to ask: What's with the blank daily digest e-mails? I don't recall setting up any e-mail notifications for any sort of digest. Interesting enough, I missed a reply in nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=40338.0.
Not sure, I'll see if I can just disable them sitewide.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 05, 2018, 04:07:04 PMis that broken?
"Always stay logged in" doesn't always stay logged in.

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 05, 2018, 04:07:31 PMNot sure, I'll see if I can just disable them sitewide.
I'll be checking the site more often in case it breaks something.
[move][/move]

Go Up