News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Amiibo the Game

Started by JrDude, February 28, 2018, 11:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

So, when Amiibo first became a thing outside of Super Smash Bros 4, I thought for sure there was going to be a big plan set in motion. Making a Nintendo version of Skylanders, using Amiibo.
This hasn't happened yet, obviously.
So, what do you think of having an Amiibo game? A game where each Amiibo that exists adds content to the game, each being unique. For example, SSB4 Mario would have different things available compared to MP Mario. Silver Mario, Gold Mario, Pixel Mario, all being different. Maybe have the exception of recolors, or maybe don't.

In my personal opinion, I want a game like this. I have been a fairly active Amiibo collector. I don't have them all, and don't plan to get them all, but I think it would be cool to be able to use them in more than just a Costume additive to the game. They are fairly expensive things, and all they have really gotten me are more unique/exclusive clothes for the characters I'm using in some games, which in the long run, isn't that big of a deal.
If so, what kind of game do you think they could muster?
I have never played Skylanders, nor really looked into it. I know Nintendo released a Donkey Kong & Bowser Skylander car thing.
[move][/move]
Dude .

MoS

Dear Adults,

Amiibo's are for children. Stop filling your homes with dlc pressed into plastic molds. No one wants to see your collection of cheaply mass produced figurines of Mario and Zelda. Go buy a intercourse ing Gundam kit if you want to put nerdy plastic poop on your shelves.

Super

Amiibo loot crates plx Nintendo

JrDude

Quote from: MoS on March 01, 2018, 08:43:26 PMDear Adults,

Amiibo's are for children. Stop filling your homes with dlc pressed into plastic molds. No one wants to see your collection of cheaply mass produced figurines of Mario and Zelda. Go buy a intercourse ing Gundam kit if you want to put nerdy plastic poop on your shelves.
>Because a shelf full of colorful plastic robots that look the same (besides color) is much more grown up than Fire-Wielding Plumbers & Swordsmen.
>People would rather see colorful plastic robots that look the same (besides color) than Fire-Wielding Plumbers & Swordsmen, and other varied things.
Honestly, my argument isn't that strong, but collecting anything can be viewed as childish really. I personally disagree that they can be viewed as only, "for children," as besides 1 Amiibo of the Guardian, all Amiibo aren't very interactive, and cannot be used as toys very well because they're stuck in 1 position, while most toys can be moved a bit. Though I guess as a child, I played with toys stuck in 1 position, and they went on wild adventures, so my argument is flawed even there. But then again, even video games and anime are viewed as childish.
In other words, people probably don't want to see your shelf full of plastic figurines unless they also have an interest in the same thing, like Video Games (in my case, Nintendo), or in your case, Robot-Based Anime.
Welcome to a Nerd forum based on Nintendo Mr. Trollman. Now stay positive for me please, this is supposed to be a fun topic
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude on March 03, 2018, 04:48:27 AM
>Because a shelf full of colorful plastic robots that look the same (besides color) is much more grown up than Fire-Wielding Plumbers & Swordsmen.
>People would rather see colorful plastic robots that look the same (besides color) than Fire-Wielding Plumbers & Swordsmen, and other varied things.
Honestly, my argument isn't that strong, but collecting anything can be viewed as childish really. I personally disagree that they can be viewed as only, "for children," as besides 1 Amiibo of the Guardian, all Amiibo aren't very interactive, and cannot be used as toys very well because they're stuck in 1 position, while most toys can be moved a bit. Though I guess as a child, I played with toys stuck in 1 position, and they went on wild adventures, so my argument is flawed even there. But then again, even video games and anime are viewed as childish.
In other words, people probably don't want to see your shelf full of plastic figurines unless they also have an interest in the same thing, like Video Games (in my case, Nintendo), or in your case, Robot-Based Anime.
Welcome to a Nerd forum based on Nintendo Mr. Trollman. Now stay positive for me please, this is supposed to be a fun topic

Actually, yeah, he's right for the most part. With these Gundam model kits you have to build them. This shows effort and patience at the very least. Think ships in a bottle. They're of much higher quality too. The new Metroid and Samus Returns Amiibos are of pretty decent quality, and I'd get those if I hadn't already gotten a bunch of amiibo.

Look, I have like 30 amiibo so this is coming from someone that has walked the walk: amiibos are mostly for kids. My family enjoys using them for the Nintendo games we have and I personally have my Captain Falcon, Ness, and Mega Man on display with the other ones put away in the ? block case. My son in particular really has fun with it. DLC pressed into plastic molds are exactly what these things are, and some of them are complete BS. If adults had not been into it kids would have had an easier time finding amiibos they wanted, too.

At the end of the day though, no one really gives a poop what you display in your home unless its really sexual or something so the whole "no one wants to see your amiibos" angle is a bit pointless. I know older folk that have dinnerware on display and one couple that have their Inuyasha merch collection on display and I really don't give a poop what they do with their home.