September 18, 2018, 12:56:42 PM

News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.


Contoversy at my School

Started by CoasterKid93, April 05, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

CoasterKid93

So at my school, a few students are trying to get a priest for an on-campus Catholic organization fired because he said that homosexuality is immoral. Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid. Where have these people been for the past twenty-something years of their lives that they're just now realizing that Catholicism, or any religion for that matter, doesn't approve of it? Now, would I personally be part of this organization? Fuck that, but I'm not going to fire someone for regurgitating a common belief.

Most students on campus feel the same way I do, but it's still irritating to hear about.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

i thought your school was more conservative in the first place
next they're going to try to fire him for refusing to believe in evolution or the big bang theory
just hope that ignorance dies off with the old generation

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on April 05, 2013, 11:55:49 AM
i thought your school was more conservative in the first place
next they're going to try to fire him for refusing to believe in evolution or the big bang theory
just hope that ignorance dies off with the old generation


My school is pretty liberal, so everyone made a big deal when they found out the Catholic priest doesn't like homosexuality. (Not a lot of people, but a decent amount). And yeah, it's a generational thing. I'm friends with people in the Catholic organization who are very pro-gay and what not.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Zero

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on April 05, 2013, 12:27:32 PM
My school is pretty liberal


All colleges are. They're practically factories that churn out liberals.

If only liberal ideology was as perfect as they feel it is...

Anyway I agree with you man.


Britz

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on April 05, 2013, 06:25:38 AM
Where have these people been for the past twenty-something years of their lives that they're just now realizing that Catholicism, or any religion for that matter, doesn't approve of it?

Exactly. The whole situation sounds dumb as poop, the priest is only repeating old-time Catholicism beliefs that have been around for like, forever? Next they'll want to get rid of that whole Catholic organization.

Kayo

April 06, 2013, 08:29:05 PM #5 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:29:50 PM by Kayo
Honestly, excluding the laughable Westboro Baptist Church, the Catholics are GENERALLY pretty good at keeping their beliefs to themselves, so I don't see how such a group could hurt anyone. (Don't like what they're saying? Don't go to their meetings.)

Personally, I can't stand how people are starting to treat the Catholic Church as a hate group. It's an entire belief system that's incredibly common around the world and has been around for roughly 2,000 years and yet all they're seen as these days is people who don't approve of homosexuality (because everything is a sexuality issue now. Go 'merica.) Like Britz said, what's next? Try to wipe out the religion?

I feel like this is totally a hypocritical free speech/practice of religion issue--No one really cares too much if some guy wanted to tell his little organization that homosexuality is okay, so why are people making such a big deal when someone says it's not? Let people believe what they want to believe. You can't fire a priest for say, saying that Jesus did X or Y whether you believe it or not. While it's not quite the same thing, basically what it looks like they're doing is trying to get rid of him simply for his beliefs. And I don't quite see how that's an okay thing to do.

tl;dr To those students: He's not personally going after you so leave him alone.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on April 06, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
Honestly, excluding the laughable Westboro Baptist Church, the Catholics...


sorry m8 the Westboro Baptist Church isn't Catholic. They're Baptists.




CoasterKid93

Quote from: Z on April 06, 2013, 10:46:54 PM
sorry m8 the Westboro Baptist Church isn't Catholic. They're Baptists.


I think he was just getting at the point that most other branches of Christianity aren't like them. It's okay.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

zephilicious

but if you say catholic the wbc is already excluded
its redundant
~~ <3

CoasterKid93

Quote from: zephilicious on April 07, 2013, 10:22:51 AM
but if you say catholic the wbc is already excluded
its redundant


It's fine. This is NSFCD, not the New York Times.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

pray away the gay
pray away abortion
rip society

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on April 07, 2013, 06:34:11 AM
I think he was just getting at the point that most other branches of Christianity aren't like them. It's okay.


That's a really nice way of saying he wasn't being very articulate with his English but okay I'm down.

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just clarifying.


CoasterKid93

Quote from: Z on April 07, 2013, 02:12:26 PM
That's a really nice way of saying he wasn't being very articulate with his English but okay I'm down.

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just clarifying.


It's okay Z, I still love you <3
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 06, 2013, 10:46:54 PM
sorry m8 the Westboro Baptist Church isn't Catholic. They're Baptists.




Really shows how much I know about branches of Christianity. I didn't even know those were different. I guess if you replace "Catholic" with "Christian" in my original post, my point still stands, though I definitely feel that more heat is focused specifically on the Catholics in today's society. Or it could just be any devout Christian religion tbh, it's still unfair either way.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on April 07, 2013, 05:06:52 PM
It's okay Z, I still love you <3


<3

Quote from: Kayo on April 07, 2013, 06:25:17 PM
Really shows how much I know about branches of Christianity. I didn't even know those were different. I guess if you replace "Catholic" with "Christian" in my original post, my point still stands, though I definitely feel that more heat is focused specifically on the Catholics in today's society. Or it could just be any devout Christian religion tbh, it's still unfair either way.


There are more Catholics in the world than there are Protestants. They also have the Pope and the whole child molestation crap to deal with. So yeah, they get way more attention. I don't think the Catholics are anywhere near deserving of being compared to the Westboro crowd, though.

Go Up