Generally Speaking > Artistic Discussion

The Ninja Turtles are now aliens.

(1/3) > >>

Tupin:
http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2012/03/19/geek-news-teenage-alien-ninja-turtles-of-the-day/

No matter how bad his movies are, no matter how much they fail critically, someone keeps giving Michael Bay money.

Anyone ever see Highlander II: The Quickening? Basically the same concept. The 2007 film wasn't perfect, but it has to be better than anything involving Michael Bay.

RX-78-2:
Holy piss no.

They'd better try to pass this off as some sort of reboot/re-imagining/etc., or I'm going to be vehemently opposed to this. Regardless, I'm not really looking forward to this new... whatever it is. I'm actually fine with a TMNT movie by Michael Bay (not that I'm a fan of his), but there's just no need to do a retcon of the entire series. It's just stupid.

They'd just better present it well (that is, their purpose for rewriting the Turtles' origin), that's all I'm saying.

Neerb:
Since they would no longer be mutants, the rumor is that the movie would just be called "Ninja Turtles."

Bay, please stop ruining childhood icons.

Zero:
Ouch. Sucks for Turtles' fans.

Neerb:
Michael Bay has released a statement concerning the backlash from fans:

--- Quote from: Michael Bay ---Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.
--- End quote ---

That he's working with one of the creators is nice, but the fact that the turtles are aliens remains a problem, not to mention "Calm down, the script is good" is not very reassuring when coming from the mouth of the guy who made Transformers 1-3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version