September 23, 2018, 09:10:03 PM

News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences


Caught my FIRST EVER shiny!

Started by Neerb, February 06, 2012, 12:28:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Super

I found some tinfoil. It was shiny.

Hero_of_Darkness


Custom

my first legit shiny was a magikarp in platinum
i evolved it of course
then hgss came out

then i wasn't cool anymore

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 14, 2013, 03:02:16 AM
my first legit shiny was a magikarp in platinum
i evolved it of course
then hgss came out

then i wasn't cool anymore
you're still cool to me


yeah my shiny dratini find in fr/lg doesn't mean anything either when you can get a shiny dragonite or something in B2W2
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2013, 01:08:32 PM
you're still cool to me


yeah my shiny dratini find in fr/lg doesn't mean anything either when you can get a shiny dragonite or something in B2W2


thanks ;~;

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Nayrman

Complete pokedex + Masuda Method means I can effectively grind for shinies now.

Shiny eevee + Eeveelutions
Rhypherior
Crobat
Pelliper
Gyarados (Lake of Rage)
Baltoy (pure luck as I was breeding a Claydoll for my living dex and it happened to come out shiny)
Gen 1 starters
Gen 2 starters.

Working on Treecko now when I'm just watching stuff and need something to keep my hands/lower brain functions occupied.

Custom

i never understood all those weird methods
make a thread on it plz

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Nayrman

Quote from: Custom on February 14, 2013, 08:34:00 PM
i never understood all those weird methods
make a thread on it plz


Ok, in Black 2 and White 2, you actually get something for completing the pokedex (sans event legendaries like Mew, Jirachi, etc.). The Shiny charm. that makes it  3x more likely for a shiny to appear at any given time.

Now, starting in I believe Gen 4, Junichi Masuda specifically programmed the Masuda method. Basically, if you breed with a foreign pokemon, your chances of a shiny egg will drastically increase. Example, I breed my usual Eevee with a Japanese Ditto. It's chances of being shiny drastically increase.

If you have the Shiny charm and do the Masuda method, chances of a shiny are 1 in 1012 (8x more likely than the 8,192 in the wild).

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on February 14, 2013, 08:38:57 PM
Ok, in Black 2 and White 2, you actually get something for completing the pokedex (sans event legendaries like Mew, Jirachi, etc.). The Shiny charm. that makes it  3x more likely for a shiny to appear at any given time.

Now, starting in I believe Gen 4, Junichi Masuda specifically programmed the Masuda method. Basically, if you breed with a foreign pokemon, your chances of a shiny egg will drastically increase. Example, I breed my usual Eevee with a Japanese Ditto. It's chances of being shiny drastically increase.

If you have the Shiny charm and do the Masuda method, chances of a shiny are 1 in 1012 (8x more likely than the 8,192 in the wild).


whoa rad
thanks bro

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Sirwaddy

February 17, 2013, 07:34:01 PM #24 Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:51:55 PM by Sirwaddy
I plan on SRing for shiny Latios after completing the dex, as well as MM breed for Eevee too. Not to mention the Round Charm makes more eggs pop out

My first shiny was a Zubat in Emerald. But it's not special because I found a shiny Zubat in HG, then a Golbat in Platinum.

Go Up