News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

World Cup 2010

Started by Java, June 23, 2010, 01:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

We're two rounds into the biggest soccer tournament ever, and there's no discussion at all.

Is anyone else here watching the World Cup?
If so, who are you rooting for?
Any teams you absolutely despise?
Any reactions to any of the matches/upsets/controversies/etc?

SkyMyl

I wasn't aware of this until the whole vuvuzela thing started.

But since I'm not a soccer person, I'm not keeping up with it.

Totla

AMERICA RULES

USA, USA, USA, USA

Is anyone else here watching the World Cup? - YES
If so, who are you rooting for? - USA
Any teams you absolutely despise? - ANYONE THAT'S NOT AMERICA
Any reactions to any of the matches/upsets/controversies/etc? - Two disallowed goals in two matches? Refs are dumb. We should have won the Slovenia match, and won the Algeria match 2-0.

Cornwad

Yeah, the USA is destroying everyone else, despite the rigged refs and whatnot.
Totla seems to have the right idea.

Nayrman

They should ban those stupid Vuvuzelas... not because for the players, but because they're intercourse ing annoying.

Watched one match...god Soccer is intercourse ing boring. And people say nothing happens in baseball, sat through 45 minutes of one match with quite literally nothing happening.
How is this the most popular sport in the world?

And apparently their refs suck as well. @_@

Java

I just noticed that I never actually gave a response.

I'm rooting for both USA and España.
Ultimately, my loyalty is to USA, but I still like to root for the home of my ancestors.

I hate Brazil, Argentina, England, North Korea (:B), and France (so glad they're eliminated).
I also dislike Italy, but to a lesser degree.

I was pretty shocked that Spain lost its first match, and at how poorly France and England have played.

I'm pretty mad at how the referees are calling those BS fouls following the US goals.
If we hadn't won today, we would have been eliminated, and all because the refs denied us of three points.
Thankfully, we triumphed anyway and won our group.

Cornwad

Wait, North Korea is playing? I thought only South was there. North Korea shouldn't be allowed.

Java

Quote from: Cornwad on June 23, 2010, 06:27:47 PM
Wait, North Korea is playing? I thought only South was there. North Korea shouldn't be allowed.
Yeah. North Korea qualified.
I believe they've already been eliminated; they just need to play their last goal.

They were in the same group as Brazil and Portugal, who beat them 7-0, all adding to the laughs.
It was pretty funny to hear about them losing miserably.

Lotos

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2010, 11:38:44 AM
They should ban those stupid Vuvuzelas... not because for the players, but because they're intercourse ing annoying.

Magnum

Damn Ghana, wanna fake any more injuries?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Quote from: Magnum on June 26, 2010, 01:52:18 PM
Damn Ghana, wanna fake any more injuries?
pls, soccer players are all whiners. They're like basketball players in that they all over-exaggerate the tiniest bit of contact to get a foul. Meh.

Well, it's over and the US can stop pretending it cares about soccer.

Java

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm still going to follow the World Cup...

I guess I have no one else except España to root for now .

Cornwad

Yup, soccer is officially not a real sport anymore. I wouldn't be mad if Germany won it all.

Bronsen

It might be because I moved to Florida recently, and there are a lot of South American folk that immigrate up here, but I've never seen soccer so popular in the US.  There's not one room at work that isn't showing the games on at least one TV and/or computer.

Rosti LFC

Ahahahahayouallsuckfootballisawesome.

Now that England are out (which was always going to happen), I'm supporting Spain to win it.

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2010, 11:38:44 AM
Watched one match...god Soccer is intercourse ing boring. And people say nothing happens in baseball, sat through 45 minutes of one match with quite literally nothing happening.
International games are usually like that, because the teams are absolutely rubbish. Though I call bullpoop on your "literally nothing happening", unless it was Brazil v Portugal or Uruguay v Ghana.