Main Menu

NSFCD Olympics: User Photography

Started by Rius, June 05, 2010, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

NSFCD Olympics: User Photography
(logo coming)
Board Member: PsychoYoshi

Greetings, denizens of NSFCD! Welcome to the Contest Thread for User Photography!

The objective of User Photography is simple: take a photo of yourself, the user, that is based on the theme of the contest. Feel free to show your Photoshop skills, as well! All users who participate in this contest are guaranteed to be awarded at least 10 points. See the Contest Rules for further details.

The theme of the contest: Game Face

Show us your best "game face"! Note the word 'face'; your head must be included in the photograph. If you're shy for some reason, come up with creative means to include your head, but hide your pretty (lol) face. All Users are encouraged to participate and highly encouraged to use their photograph as their avatar during the two-week, official contest period.

Contest Rules

1. Eligibility - User must have registered for the NSFCD Olympics.

2. Deadline - All Contest Entries must be submitted by Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

3. Submission - Each User is permitted to submit One (1) Entry to the NSFCD Chairman. Entries must be submitted via PM. Entries are not to be posted in the Contest Thread until the Entry has been scored and notification has been sent to User. It is up to the User to decide whether to receive input from fellow Competitors; however, no discussion, feedback, or review on potential Entries is allowed in the Contest Thread. Users who wish to receive feedback on potential Entries are encouraged to submit their Entries to the NSFCD Picture Thread.

4. Judging - Each entry will be judged on a scale of 20 Points. The score breakdown is as follows:

• 75% (15 Points) - Originality/Creativity
  • 25% (5 Points) - Photographic Quality
The User's Competition Score will be the Contest Score multiplied by 5. Example: A submission receives a score of 10 Points, the User will be awarded 50 Points in the General Competition. The individual(s) with the highest score will receive the maximum Score of 100 Points.

5. Winner Notification - The Winner(s) of the Competition will be officially announced no later than Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST.

6. Prizes - All participating Users will receive points based on the scale presented in the Judging section. No additional Prizes will be awarded in this competition.

7. General Conditions - All Forum Rules and General Conditions of the NSFCD Olympics apply. Each Entry must also meet the following requirements:

• Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
  • The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
  • The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Chairman, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.

Rius

Winners

1st Place - RiddlerRob
[spoiler][/spoiler]
2nd Place - NintendoMan74
[spoiler][/spoiler]
3rd Place - Jatoskep
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Magnum

I have an idea....

Problem is, it might break most of the rules.
So, should I? Y/Y?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Missingno6

Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Kayo

I don't really have a "game face" so this will be interesting to come up with.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Rius

Yeah, I decided to get rid of the post requirements for individual contests. Just fulfill the general thread requirements.

Missingno6

Quote from: Rius on June 06, 2010, 09:54:00 AM
Yeah, I decided to get rid of the post requirements for individual contests. Just fulfill the general thread requirements.
Ok, thanks so much!
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Night the Lucario

When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Silverhawk79

Picture will likely come to tomorrow.

Kilroy

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Kilroy on June 07, 2010, 03:22:04 AM
>nothing sexual

:(
That rule better be changed

[spoiler]for light only[/spoiler]
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Rius

Since this contest is the first one taking place (next Sunday), I thought it would be beneficial to bring it to attention. I'll also post in the other contest threads 1-week before their dates.

Jayat

How do you post the Image when it's time Because I'm still new

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Totla

Quote from: Jayat on June 17, 2010, 08:17:43 PM
How do you post the Image when it's time Because I'm still new
Quote from: Rius on June 05, 2010, 10:34:19 PM
3. Submission - Each User is permitted to submit One (1) Entry to the NSFCD Chairman. Entries must be submitted via PM. Entries are not to be posted in the Contest Thread until the Entry has been scored and notification has been sent to User. It is up to the User to decide whether to receive input from fellow Competitors; however, no discussion, feedback, or review on potential Entries is allowed in the Contest Thread. Users who wish to receive feedback on potential Entries are encouraged to submit their Entries to the NSFCD Picture Thread.