October 22, 2018, 01:56:01 AM
News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Applying for my first job.

Started by Qsmash, May 17, 2010, 05:19:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Qsmash

Yep, I'm going to be bagging groceries at Kroger tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about it too with it being my first job. I hope it's a good first start.

So, start talking about when you first got your job or when you're getting a job.

BOREDFOREVER

Well, that's more "starting: than "applying," but congrats.

Welcome to the workforce.  Here are some hints for you:

Tomatoes and bread always go on top in paper or in there own separate sack for plastic.

Some people don't want their milk bagged.  Some do. Same for potatoes.

Wrap an extra plastic bag around meats, like steak or hamburger packs.  They tend to leak.

Always look under the cart.  People forget stuff/ hide stuff down there on the bottom rack.

Macawmoses

And don't forget that onions and garlic ALWAYS always get their own bag. Don't put anything else in with them, ESPECIALLY bread or other fresh things.

Good job Q. That's good to hear :) I've never worked in a job outside of tourism (other than, yeah) and more office-y type jobs, so it's not something I'm as familiar with. But it's all customer service in a museum, and that's the same as your job - so I know it's not the easiest thing, but you'll find it pretty rewarding.

Qsmash

May 19, 2010, 03:52:41 PM #3 Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:53:28 PM by Qsmash
[spoiler]
Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on May 17, 2010, 06:31:38 PM
Well, that's more "starting: than "applying," but congrats.

Welcome to the workforce.  Here are some hints for you:

Tomatoes and bread always go on top in paper or in there own separate sack for plastic.

Some people don't want their milk bagged.  Some do. Same for potatoes.

Wrap an extra plastic bag around meats, like steak or hamburger packs.  They tend to leak.

Always look under the cart.  People forget stuff/ hide stuff down there on the bottom rack.

Quote from: Sherlock on May 17, 2010, 09:11:40 PM
And don't forget that onions and garlic ALWAYS always get their own bag. Don't put anything else in with them, ESPECIALLY bread or other fresh things.

Good job Q. That's good to hear :) I've never worked in a job outside of tourism (other than, yeah) and more office-y type jobs, so it's not something I'm as familiar with. But it's all customer service in a museum, and that's the same as your job - so I know it's not the easiest thing, but you'll find it pretty rewarding.
[/spoiler]

I didn't know any of that. It's going to be a rough start, and thanks.

Nayrman

Congrats on entering the workforce.

My first job was when I was 15, working at Chick-Fil-A (fast food restaurant) all through high school. Then I went a year in college without a job, and now I work at my campus' news network as an editor and cameraman. Pays pretty well for a campus job.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Nayrman on May 19, 2010, 03:58:02 PM
Congrats on entering the workforce.

My first job was when I was 15, working at Chick-Fil-A (fast food restaurant) all through high school. Then I went a year in college without a job, and now I work at my campus' news network as an editor and cameraman. Pays pretty well for a campus job.


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1R64-ZWVoM[/youtube]

Kingmush

Ah, congrats on your first job. I just got my first job (sort of) as well this summer... Working for a contractor closing this big industrial complex in my town. Spent the first week moving boxes and shipping them off as well as moving furniture. Spending my second week...I dunno but it's actually in the mill part so I have to wear like a hard hat, steel toe boots, and safety glasses so I have a feeling it's going to be more manual labor. D:

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kingmush on May 19, 2010, 06:21:54 PM
Ah, congrats on your first job. I just got my first job (sort of) as well this summer... Working for a contractor closing this big industrial complex in my town. Spent the first week moving boxes and shipping them off as well as moving furniture. Spending my second week...I dunno but it's actually in the mill part so I have to wear like a hard hat, steel toe boots, and safety glasses so I have a feeling it's going to be more manual labor. D:
That's awesome. Getting down and dirty is probably the most fun you can have. Builds a sense of comradery, haha.

Jayat

I DON"T HAVE A JOB!!! ya jerk
want to fight about it

Well, here's my Brawl FC:at the bottom of my sig, THATS K.I.N.G altogether

you sooner or later

By.....I mean bye fool

Go Up