News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

I think I'm embarrassed by my Wii

Started by Drezford_the_Rebell, January 24, 2010, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Maybe if you think outside the box, you would find lots of nice titles for the Wii.

Brawl is still a very nice fighting game.
No More Heroes has been a very strong series.
Tatsunoko VS. Capcom is coming out tomorrow, and the game itself looks very good.
MadWorld is the epitome of action and blood.
Twilight Princess might look like Ocarina of Time, but heck, it has a strong plot.
World of Goo is one of the best WiiWare titles of the Wii.
The Phoenix Wright series are being released for the Wii, even cheaper than the DS version.

In fact, replay value makes most of these games enjoyable.

So_So_Man

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on January 25, 2010, 08:35:59 PM
Maybe if you think outside the box, you would find lots of nice titles for the Wii.

Tatsunoko VS. Capcom is coming out tomorrow, and the game itself looks very good.
Twilight Princess might look like Ocarina of Time, but heck, it has a strong plot.
The Phoenix Wright series are being released for the Wii, even cheaper than the DS version.

Replay value? Phoenix Wright? I don't think those mix.  At all.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: So_So_Man on January 26, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
Replay value? Phoenix Wright? I don't think those mix.  At all.
That's why I said "most games", dude.

Thirdkoopa

If we're making lists now (this isn't including wiiware/VC) going off of exclusives only, this and my own opinions

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Mario Kart Wii
    Super Paper Mario (Sucks compared to all other Mario RPG's)
    Mario Strikers Charged (...Better than SPM but only good with 3 other people irl)
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Tons of mixed opinions)
    Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy
    No More Heroes
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
    World of Goo
    Boom Blox Bash Party
    Muramasa

Future Stuff: No More Heroes 2
    Sin & Punishment 2
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Wii Zelda w/e
    Other M
    Dragon Quest X

etc; My main problem? I wouldn't actually pay 50$ for most of these. This applies to the PS3/360 exclusives as well. That, and the whole "Superior Prequel" thing running around + being short on free cash.

Quote from: Drezford_the_Rebell on January 25, 2010, 08:13:45 PM
I mean, it's not a winning formula.
if you're talking about formula's wii's selling almost as much as the PS3/360 combined

It's not bad to appeal games towards a wider audience - It's all based on how they do it to me. Take for instance Fire Emblem; My friends can start on easy while I can start with playing on medium then hard. There was a time when we all started games awfully too. Oh how I still remember being stuck on the beginning of Earthbound searching everywhere
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Drezford_the_Rebell

While there may be "good games" for the Wii, it doesn't help that it's treated like nothing more than some gimmick by most everybody except for some people like me.

And I'm embarrassed by it.

DededeCloneChris

For the love of god, just throw your stupid Wii, pessimist. You're missing a lot if you do, though.

Cornwad

I would try not to get so worked up about what a few people think. The people who say the Wii is gimmicky probably never sat down and played it for a while, or decided to hate it from the start. There are probably a lot of people who think that videogames in general are a gimmick, and you still play non Wii systems.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Drezford_the_Rebell on January 26, 2010, 09:41:31 PM
While there may be "good games" for the Wii, it doesn't help that it's treated like nothing more than some gimmick by most everybody except for some people like me.

And I'm embarrassed by it.
You're getting embarrassed by what other people think?

That's stupid to do in general.

Also you're talking about the people who just by Wii Sports and a few other games that start with "Wii" In them? That's nothing new.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on January 25, 2010, 08:35:59 PM

>Strong plot
>Link tuns into a wolf.
I'd be the worst Zelda game yet if the DS games did not exist.

I prefer portable gaming to console gaming if the games are the exact same. So PW doesn't count. It's the same as the DS version.

Also, most of those games don't have much replay value.
Quote from: Cornwad on January 27, 2010, 04:46:31 AM
I would try not to get so worked up about what a few people think. The people who say the Wii is gimmicky probably never sat down and played it for a while, or decided to hate it from the start. There are probably a lot of people who think that videogames in general are a gimmick, and you still play non Wii systems.

A lot of people believe the Wii is gimmicky because half of the games use it as a gimmick. WAGGLE ACTION!!!!11 The Wii could be a great system, but sadly it's been bombarded by horrid games and developers aren't pushing it to its potential.

Quote from: Lotos on January 25, 2010, 06:57:46 PM
So they're trying to cater to the frat boys, the ten year old kids with short attention spans, and the casual player?

I would say that the Xbox 360 and PS3 cater to the frat boys and 10 year old kids. The Wii mainly caters the casual gamer.

But yeah, OP, the Wii is lacking on good games. This is old news. There are a few gems, but they're in a huge pile of poop.

HERE IS MY SUGGESTION

BUY A GAMECUBE AND A PS2
PRETEND THE WII NEVER CAME OUT

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Lotos

Quote from: Customrobo13 on January 27, 2010, 03:07:11 PM
HERE IS MY SUGGESTION

BUY A GAMECUBE AND A PS2

Show me where I can get sealed Gamecube games cheaply then.  Seriously.  I want an extra Sonic Adventure 2 just in case the other one is unreadable.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Customrobo13 on January 27, 2010, 03:07:11 PM
HERE IS MY SUGGESTION

BUY A GAMECUBE AND A PS2
I find it funny I've been doing that ever since my Wii broke. Unintentionally, of course.

And now, I'm off to buy Mana Khemia.

StarWindWizard7

I must agree, a good amount of Wii games that have come out, Is out, and is Going to come out Was crap, Is crap and is Going to be crap.

You want to talk about embarrassing? Talk about walking down the video game aisle and seeing all these..... cutesy mini games, and 7 and under childish games. It's rather pathetic honestly.
Like 85+% is shovelware while the other games are decent at best. (With a few Great titles)

Now I can understand Nintendo wanting the Money by catering to a huge audience, that is a GREAT Business move- However, why sacrifice the good games that people like me could/would enjoy. Putting more or All the effort into some games instead of using barley anything for others.

Over all, I'm very contempt with my Wii.
I still play Super Smash Bros. Brawl (the only game I play most of the time), and I have a few other games that I'm satisfied with.
I'm glad the Wii is doing better then the other systems over all though. lol

I just wish Nintendo could of made games Both for Non gamers and Hardcore games Equally, that way everybody is happy.

Cornwad

To be fair, Nintendo isn't exactly making all of the Carnival Games and Petz out there. Most of the shovelware stuff was on the PS2 last gen because everyone had a PS2. They sell a whole lot better on the Wii so companies make those kind of games for Wii.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Travis Touchdown on January 27, 2010, 03:07:11 PM
>Strong plot
>Link tuns into a wolf.
I'd be the worst Zelda game yet if the DS games did not exist.
Yes you would.  I don't see how those two ">" contradict each other.

JrDude

Quote from: e^ln(Rayquarian) .5 on January 28, 2010, 04:24:24 PM
Yes you would.  I don't see how those two ">" contradict each other.
It's actually a good idea in theory, they just didn't too good a job with it.
[move][/move]
Dude .