News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

KIT: The World's Fastest Playable Trivia Game (TONIGHT - Time changed! Check!)

Started by King_Gamer28, January 01, 2010, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Gamer28

The game will occur in the #KIT channel in chatspike. It can be accessed from Chatspike.net and clicking "WEB CHAT" or by using mIRC. See you there!

The world's fastest playable trivia game is back.
1/9/10

All right, all right, time to put the surprise aside now, and discuss what we're actually doing.

KIT (KG's Intense Trivia, as the acronym originally stood, though now it's referred to as KIT as an acronym, officially) is billed as the world's fastest playable trivia game. And I still think it is.

On Saturday, January 9, at 10:00 PM ET, there will be a KIT game hosted for the first time in over...two years now, I think. It shouldn't last more than an hour to an hour and a half, so you should check it out if you get a chance.

NOTE: There is a very real possibility I won't be back in time for 10:00. If this happens, and it stretches on FAR later, we may move it to tomorrow night if you guys aren't willing to stay up (which I am perfectly OK with doing).

Here's the premise.

KIT is...

• Fast. KIT was inspired by Warioware-style gameplay: Start fast, get faster.
  • Competitive. Long-tenured players will recall that rarely did we see blowouts (though, even when GM did blow everyone else out, the rest of the competition was usually pretty close).
  • "Easy". A sort of misnomer, the questions featured are usually not all that difficult. However, it's not out of the ordinary to see some tough ones, especially on the B questions.
  • Fun. I want to see everyone enjoy KIT. So, we like to keep the atmosphere competitive, yet fun and relaxed. It's an exercise, a trivia game, and a chill spot all at once.

But what exactly happens in a game of KIT?

Games are formatted the same way that a round of a Warioware set of microgames would be played.

• The round is counted down from a predetermined number of seconds to prepare everyone for the onslaught of questions to come.
  • Questions begin. Each question is valued differently, depending on the level we're on. We obviously start at level 1.
  • Every so often, gameplay will begin to move FASTER. When this announcement is made, questions will begin being asked more quickly, so be ready.
  • After the questions that round have been exhausted, the B question comes up and requires the listing of some number of items from some area. Believe it or not, it's very likely this will remain a Nintendo game-themed question, for the most part.
  • After the B question, there's a break during which scores are tallied. Scores are posted, and the next round occurs following a LEVEL UP, which increases the score for all Q questions.
  • Once all levels, the final being the longest, are concluded, "prizes" are handed out for fourth-through-first place finishers.

So, let's talk about...question types.

Q questions are the most common.
Point value: Equal to the value set before the round begins.

F questions are remarkably easy questions.
Point value: 1

B questions occur only at the end of the round and are worth big points, requiring a list of some type. In the past, participants have forgone this entire question due to the lack of tenacity to type out a list, so don't be afraid to take the chance here.
Point value: High, usually worth significantly more than the normal point value of the round.

X questions have existed in the past. I don't know if they will be making a comeback.
Point value: The negative value of whatever the round's standard point value is. Used as a trick in the fast-paced game.

A few notes...

Gameplay really is fast. We're talking about one question every 5-7 seconds at the SLOWEST. By the time a few FASTER calls have been made, we'll be venturing into 3 second territory.

The theme...will include questions that are both random and Nintendo-themed. Yes, KIT is staying true to its roots. Expect to see a good chunk of questions based on Nintendo games, past and present (moreso past...). I mean at least 50%.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Silverhawk79

FUCK YEAH.
Too bad I have to wooooork.
...My last day of work, in fact. :(
Nevermind, I'm good.

Macawmoses

Totla

Light

Fuck yes. If I have to kill, I will be there.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Smashin

It never intercourse ing dies does it?

King_Gamer28

Quote from: Smashin on January 02, 2010, 01:56:41 PM
It never intercourse ing dies does it?
I can't tell if you're frustrated or embracing it.

Tsumaru

KIT is best trivia

Great success.

Smashin

Quote from: King_Gamer28 on January 02, 2010, 06:55:59 PM
I can't tell if you're frustrated or embracing it.

Perhaps both, I suppose.

King_Gamer28

Rules and information posted. Hopefully this clears up anything that was left unanswered from the mysterious, uninformed post before.

Silverhawk79

Mystic

Totla

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: Totla on January 06, 2010, 08:10:58 PM
You can't just WANT to win KIT, you have to NEED it in your HEART and SOUL.
Or you can just be me. That works too.