NSFCD

Game-o-rama => Handheld Gaming => Topic started by: Viewtifulboy on February 23, 2014, 09:48:42 AM

Title: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on February 23, 2014, 09:48:42 AM
I've been playing through Senran Kagura Burst over the last couple of weeks preparing to review it, and I am absolutely loving it so far.  I've already beaten the first game, which was a great game by itself, but now I'm in chapter 2 of the second with the Hebijo school.  Is there anyone here else who's gotten it?  If so, what do you think of it?
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Flying Chickens on February 23, 2014, 05:58:00 PM
Man, kill yourself.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 15, 2014, 05:36:21 PM
Is this game actually good or is it really all just about fanservice like some of the ads try to say?
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 16, 2014, 01:20:35 AM
Quote from: Tupin on March 15, 2014, 05:36:21 PM
Is this game actually good or is it really all just about fanservice like some of the ads try to say?


it's just tits
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 07:20:22 AM
It's good.  I'm writing a review on it.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 16, 2014, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Custom on March 16, 2014, 01:20:35 AM
it's just tits
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: whatwewishfor on March 16, 2014, 10:21:05 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 07:20:22 AM
It's good.  I'm writing a review on it.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 10:43:25 AM
Quote from: Custom on March 16, 2014, 01:20:35 AM
it's just tits

What do you mean by that?  Is that meant to be a joke?

(http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/halolz-dot-com-left4dead2-nick-obamame-tits.gif)
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 16, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 10:43:25 AM
What do you mean by that?  Is that meant to be a joke?

(http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/halolz-dot-com-left4dead2-nick-obamame-tits.gif)

nah the only reason you like this game is because you're a pervert and want these girls to suck your nerdy greasy dick
the gameplay itself isn't good
it's okay to just want to see some mmm bop bop anime titties
admitting it is the first step
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 11:12:04 AM
?????????????????????????????????? :| I play it because.... What?

You lost me.  I play it for the action and story.  I also wouldn't be lying if I said a lot of the characters are extremely huggable. ;0
Yes, even Hikage and Daidoji.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 16, 2014, 11:36:52 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 11:12:04 AM
?????????????????????????????????? :| I play it because.... What?

You lost me.  I play it for the action and story.  I also wouldn't be lying if I said a lot of the characters are extremely huggable. ;0
Yes, even Hikage and Daidoji.


don't hug before marriage
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 12:05:28 PM
Aint nothing wrong with a hug to show you care.  Even Batman and Bane set aside their differences for a hug.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Flying Chickens on March 18, 2014, 12:51:04 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 16, 2014, 12:05:28 PM
Aint nothing wrong with a hug to show you care.  Even Batman and Bane set aside their differences for a hug.
Fucking topical.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 18, 2014, 05:10:55 PM
so how is this game doing sales wise?

Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 18, 2014, 07:06:07 PM
Enough that they're apparently considering physical releases in the US for the next game.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 18, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality of the game is what matters.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Flying Chickens on March 20, 2014, 09:24:55 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 18, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality of the game is what matters.
Okay buddy. :*
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 20, 2014, 10:25:29 PM
And my review of the game is finished too.  If you wanted an explanation as to why I like Senran Kagura, it gives you a lengthy one. :silvervhappy:
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 21, 2014, 05:34:22 AM
As good as Hideki Kamiya's games are, his games never sell well.

it matters
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 21, 2014, 12:31:55 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.


Sales matter.

If your game sells like ass you won't ever see anything else done with it. I have a lot of examples.

See:

Beyond Good & Evil (Sequel is currently in Development Hell and it is likely it won't ever be completed)
Zone of the Enders
Brutal Legend
Psychonauts
Every Hideki Kamiya game except the first Viewtiful Joe and the first Devil May Cry. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have happened without Nintendo's crazy intervention.
Mega Man ZX series
Metroid
F-Zero
Starfox
Sin & Punishment
Console Monster Hunter games
and on and on and on and on I can keep intercourse ing going with this but won't.

If sales were better, we'd be seeing a Wii U version of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. If sales were better, F-Zero and Starfox wouldn't be dead.

1
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
Quote from: Zero on March 21, 2014, 12:31:55 PM
If sales were better, F-Zero and Starfox wouldn't be dead.

To be fair, Miyamoto has said he has no ideas for F-Zero and considers the franchise "done."
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 21, 2014, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
To be fair, Miyamoto has said he has no ideas for F-Zero and considers the franchise "done."


1. Hand it to the team that made F-Zero GX. Retain similar modes from GX. Doesn't necessarily need new racers, but include every racer from GX. Maybe even throw in some of the characters from the anime.
2. Introduce Online play
3. Bring back Death Race from F-Zero X, only this time, make it multiplayer and add new tracks that are suited for Death Race.
4. Pull a Mario Kart and bring back some old courses on top of new ones. Remix the old course music.
5. Let us customize our vehicles even further with interchangeable parts. Make a lot of different kinds of parts. Don't get rid of the way GX and X handled Max Speed/Acceleration tweaking though, keep that stuff too.
6. For the gamepad players, give them the option to use the Gyroscope feature to steer.
7. Include a new game mode where you get to use weapons like Wipeout/Mario Kart. Again, retain classic F-Zero modes on top of this.
8. It's gotta be HD

Let's be honest here. They just don't want to take risks with some of the more modest IPs anymore. If that is how Miyamoto truly feels, then he really is losing his touch.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 08:16:18 PM
You listed quite a lot of quality games there, Zero.  It just goes to show you that sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 11:46:38 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 08:16:18 PM
You listed quite a lot of quality games there, Zero.  It just goes to show you that sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.

They don't make more games if they don't make money. It doesn't matter how good the game is. If it doesn't sell, they're not going to make more.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 21, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
To be fair, Miyamoto has said he has no ideas for F-Zero and considers the franchise "done."


he's out of ideas for mario but they keep pumping those out
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
They make more games because there's an epic multi-installment story to be told.  At least the good companies do.  Not Ubisoft.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 22, 2014, 08:42:24 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
They make more games because there's an epic multi-installment story to be told.  At least the good companies do.  Not Ubisoft.
more money = more games
stories don't continue if there isn't a fund and means to continue a series
also you're right about ubisoft they suck
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 22, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: Custom on March 21, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
he's out of ideas for mario but they keep pumping those out

I think it's also that they really don't like giving a lot of time to games that are only popular in the West.

I mean, we saw what happens when Japanese devs make a modern Metroid game.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Neerb on March 22, 2014, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: Tupin on March 22, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
I think it's also that they really don't like giving a lot of time to games that are only popular in the West.

I mean, we saw what happens when Japanese devs make a modern Metroid game.


That was Team Ninja; they shouldn't have been trusted with it in the first place.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Tupin on March 22, 2014, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: Neerb on March 22, 2014, 12:57:29 PM
That was Team Ninja; they shouldn't have been trusted with it in the first place.

Based on what I've heard various Japanese developers either proudly or shamefully say, they shouldn't make a Metroid game period.

"We made the game the way Japanese audiences want to see a game made" is actually a quote that says a lot about how different the two demographics are.

And it kind of relates to OP. Because Japanese or American, this game's selling point is to a relatively small group of people that just happens to be very active online and promoting it by word-of-mouth.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Super on March 22, 2014, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
They make more games because there's an epic multi-installment story to be told.  At least the good companies do.  Not Ubisoft.
Stories don't pay for development costs.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Flying Chickens on March 22, 2014, 04:38:11 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.
haha so cute :*
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Flying Chickens on March 22, 2014, 04:38:47 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 08:16:18 PM
You listed quite a lot of quality games there, Zero.  It just goes to show you that sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.
Those are games that are either about to go defunct or are already defunct.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Stories don't continue when they're put on hiatus or... Y'know... End.  Xenoblade doesn't have a sequel because it ended and pretty much went as gradiose as any game possibly could.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 23, 2014, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Stories don't continue when they're put on hiatus or... Y'know... End.  Xenoblade doesn't have a sequel because it ended and pretty much went as gradiose as any game possibly could.


There is a difference between going on "hiatus" and not continuing on because you lack the capital.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Neerb on March 23, 2014, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Xenoblade doesn't have a sequel because it ended and pretty much went as gradiose as any game possibly could.


Xenoblade doesn't have a sequel because it's only 3 years old and Nintendo doesn't make non-Mario/Zelda games often (Metroid is 28 years old and only has 11 games, including the pinball spin-off and the GBA remake).

Also, Xenoblade is getting a sequel, at least spiritually. Monolithsoft's X, the upcoming Wii U exclusive, clearly has very similar combat style to Xenoblade, also by Monolithsoft.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 23, 2014, 06:07:28 PM
Spritually.  And only spiritually.  Xenoblade doesn't need a sequel, therefore Nintendo is not bothering.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Super on March 23, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 23, 2014, 06:07:28 PM
Spritually.  And only spiritually.  Xenoblade doesn't need a sequel, therefore Nintendo is not bothering.
If it sold through the roof, it'd probably "need" a sequel. Because the promise of more $$$ is a big motivator, especially when Nintendo isn't doing that great right now.


You must have some sort of brain disorder.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 23, 2014, 07:59:03 PM
Nintendo isn't greedy.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Neerb on March 23, 2014, 08:07:19 PM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 23, 2014, 07:59:03 PM
Nintendo isn't greedy.


Nintendo isn't greedy, but Nintendo is a business, and Nintendo will do what it thinks it needs to do to make money. So actually, yeah, Nintendo is greedy, just not as much as some other companies may seem.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 24, 2014, 08:14:00 AM
Nintendo isn't about the money.  They're about the games.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Custom on March 24, 2014, 09:19:37 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 24, 2014, 08:14:00 AM
Nintendo isn't about the money.  They're about the games.

(http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Mario/NewSuperMarioBrosWallpaper1024.jpg)
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 24, 2014, 11:47:42 AM
To be fair the first New Super Mario Bros was well done and Nintendo did not expect it to sell as much as it did.

What they did after was what made it clear that they really wanted to replicate the success. Who wouldn't?
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Neerb on March 24, 2014, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: Zero on March 24, 2014, 11:47:42 AM
To be fair the first New Super Mario Bros was well done


I've heard NSMBU was pretty well done, though as the 4th in the "series" it was still clearly made only because they thought it would sell well (and it might have if it wasn't expected to carry a system launch).
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 24, 2014, 06:51:19 PM
No, it was made because Nintendo is comfortable making such platformers.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Neerb on March 25, 2014, 05:52:16 AM
Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 24, 2014, 06:51:19 PM
No, it was made because Nintendo is comfortable making such platformers.


Doesn't change the point. As a business, they want max money at min effort. They're greedy, lazy, or both.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Zero on March 25, 2014, 06:39:00 AM
Quote from: Neerb on March 24, 2014, 04:44:51 PM
I've heard NSMBU was pretty well done, though as the 4th in the "series" it was still clearly made only because they thought it would sell well (and it might have if it wasn't expected to carry a system launch).


People have told me NSMBU's level design is a lot better than previous NSMB games.

That's great.

Unfortunately I think I'm a little Mario'd out for the time being.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on March 25, 2014, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: Neerb on March 25, 2014, 05:52:16 AM
Doesn't change the point. As a business, they want max money at min effort. They're greedy, lazy, or both.

They're neither.  They put time, money, and effort into their games.
Title: Re: Senran Kagura Burst
Post by: Viewtifulboy on May 23, 2014, 04:54:59 AM
Quote from: Zero on March 25, 2014, 06:39:00 AM
People have told me NSMBU's level design is a lot better than previous NSMB games.

That's great.

Unfortunately I think I'm a little Mario'd out for the time being.



Yeah, I'm an action gamer myself.