News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Honestly, what's the point of homework?

Started by えっちーせんぱい, October 13, 2007, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

えっちーせんぱい

I've spent the last 4 hours doing 1 stupid little map and I haven't learned not one thing from doing it.

And I'm still not even done :|

HoganM

Quote from: Blaziken on October 13, 2007, 05:00:03 PM
I've spent the last 4 hours doing 1 stupid little map and I haven't learned not one thing from doing it.

It's basically to review what you did in class. I usually do it at night, or in class. I never do it at home because i always have something to do and it's just a waste of time.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: HoganM on October 13, 2007, 05:05:54 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on October 13, 2007, 05:00:03 PM

It's basically to review what you did in class. I usually do it at night, or in class. I never do it at home because i always have something to do and it's just a waste of time.
We wouldn't need to reivew if they made it interesting enough to remember or care about.

FearItself

Yeah, like HoganM says, it's review. Honestly, I don't do homework unless a certain teacher I have collects it at the beginning of class and grades it. I don't bother doing the homework where teachers walk around, check it, and are done with it, because I can fake that easily. I hate doing homework in easy classes because it's pointless and redundant. And yet, I'm in the National Honors Society.

Zovistograt

Its purpose is to drill whatever you're being taught deep into your mind so you don't forget it.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

FearItself

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 13, 2007, 05:10:10 PM
Its purpose is to drill whatever you're being taught deep into your mind so you don't forget it.
And yet, when we're fifty, we barely remember we went to school anyways. xP

Trini

Not all homework is mega fail. A lot of it actually helps you learn beyond what the teacher could cram into a short class session.

Zovistograt

Quote from: FearItself on October 13, 2007, 05:11:31 PM
well we're not fifty yet are we?

well some of us could be but I'm not...
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

FearItself

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 13, 2007, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: FearItself on October 13, 2007, 05:11:31 PM
well we're not fifty yet are we?

well some of us could be but I'm not...
Me neither. And honestly, I don't want to get old. I think I'll kill myself when I'm thirty because I'd have already gone through the highlight of my life, the rest is dependancy and being treated like a two-year-old.

Meh, I still remember the Preamble of the Constitution from learning it seven years ago. xD

sonicdude164

It's usually to review what you learn and sometimes to learn you new stuf

phatyo

How about some one sending a potition asking parents to sing it and demande no more Home work ?
And then show that even that kids that do homework ( like me ) Don't learn a thing from it. Its usless and wasts our time in 1 and only life !

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Lotos on October 13, 2007, 05:57:19 PM
And the teacher has to grade it, so more work for both of them.

My teacher wastes like 10-20 minutes of our 40 minutes for each subject grading papers for her, then we always have work and we have to take it home because we had to do her grading for her.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

bluaki

It's for the stupid people that don't actually learn the stuff during school, so that they have reviews and repetition to learn off of. Why there is more homework in AP or honors than regular classes in school is beyond me... :-\

Tupin

Quote from: Lotos on October 13, 2007, 06:37:16 PM
Quote from: DARKLINK165 on October 13, 2007, 06:30:31 PM
Quote from: Lotos on October 13, 2007, 05:57:19 PM
And the teacher has to grade it, so more work for both of them.

My teacher wastes like 10-20 minutes of our 40 minutes for each subject grading papers for her, then we always have work and we have to take it home because we had to do her grading for her.

Wow.  That's lazy of her.
My teachers always make us grade our own work....

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Insane Asylum

Harmless question; what grades do you get in school?
Feast on my justice.