News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Senran Kagura Burst

Started by Viewtifulboy, February 23, 2014, 09:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viewtifulboy

Sales mean nothing.  The quality of the game is what matters.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 18, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality of the game is what matters.
Okay buddy. :*

Viewtifulboy

And my review of the game is finished too.  If you wanted an explanation as to why I like Senran Kagura, it gives you a lengthy one. :silvervhappy:

Zero

As good as Hideki Kamiya's games are, his games never sell well.

it matters

Viewtifulboy

Sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.

Zero

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.

Sales matter.

If your game sells like ass you won't ever see anything else done with it. I have a lot of examples.

See:

Beyond Good & Evil (Sequel is currently in Development Hell and it is likely it won't ever be completed)
Zone of the Enders
Brutal Legend
Psychonauts
Every Hideki Kamiya game except the first Viewtiful Joe and the first Devil May Cry. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have happened without Nintendo's crazy intervention.
Mega Man ZX series
Metroid
F-Zero
Starfox
Sin & Punishment
Console Monster Hunter games
and on and on and on and on I can keep intercourse ing going with this but won't.

If sales were better, we'd be seeing a Wii U version of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. If sales were better, F-Zero and Starfox wouldn't be dead.

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on March 21, 2014, 12:31:55 PM
If sales were better, F-Zero and Starfox wouldn't be dead.
To be fair, Miyamoto has said he has no ideas for F-Zero and considers the franchise "done."

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 PM
To be fair, Miyamoto has said he has no ideas for F-Zero and considers the franchise "done."

1. Hand it to the team that made F-Zero GX. Retain similar modes from GX. Doesn't necessarily need new racers, but include every racer from GX. Maybe even throw in some of the characters from the anime.
2. Introduce Online play
3. Bring back Death Race from F-Zero X, only this time, make it multiplayer and add new tracks that are suited for Death Race.
4. Pull a Mario Kart and bring back some old courses on top of new ones. Remix the old course music.
5. Let us customize our vehicles even further with interchangeable parts. Make a lot of different kinds of parts. Don't get rid of the way GX and X handled Max Speed/Acceleration tweaking though, keep that stuff too.
6. For the gamepad players, give them the option to use the Gyroscope feature to steer.
7. Include a new game mode where you get to use weapons like Wipeout/Mario Kart. Again, retain classic F-Zero modes on top of this.
8. It's gotta be HD

Let's be honest here. They just don't want to take risks with some of the more modest IPs anymore. If that is how Miyamoto truly feels, then he really is losing his touch.

Viewtifulboy

You listed quite a lot of quality games there, Zero.  It just goes to show you that sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.

Tupin

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 21, 2014, 08:16:18 PM
You listed quite a lot of quality games there, Zero.  It just goes to show you that sales mean nothing.  The quality is what matters.
They don't make more games if they don't make money. It doesn't matter how good the game is. If it doesn't sell, they're not going to make more.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 PM

he's out of ideas for mario but they keep pumping those out

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Viewtifulboy

They make more games because there's an epic multi-installment story to be told.  At least the good companies do.  Not Ubisoft.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 22, 2014, 06:48:14 AM
They make more games because there's an epic multi-installment story to be told.  At least the good companies do.  Not Ubisoft.
more money = more games
stories don't continue if there isn't a fund and means to continue a series
also you're right about ubisoft they suck

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on March 21, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
he's out of ideas for mario but they keep pumping those out
I think it's also that they really don't like giving a lot of time to games that are only popular in the West.

I mean, we saw what happens when Japanese devs make a modern Metroid game.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on March 22, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
I think it's also that they really don't like giving a lot of time to games that are only popular in the West.

I mean, we saw what happens when Japanese devs make a modern Metroid game.

That was Team Ninja; they shouldn't have been trusted with it in the first place.