News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

DKC Returns for the 3DS

Started by Lotos, March 31, 2013, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Neerb

Don't you check updates on the Nintendo Direct thread?

That was part of a freaking huge one they had a month ago.

The Riddler

i hadn't heard of this one

is it just a rerelease of the wii game?

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on March 31, 2013, 10:24:49 AM
i hadn't heard of this one

is it just a rerelease of the wii game?

yes but POORTABLE

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

Hopefully they took out the motion controls.

Tupin

Quote from: Super on March 31, 2013, 12:43:13 PM
Yeah, that actually was the one bad thing about the original...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

I'll definitely end up getting it provided I have the money. Loved the original. Don't care at all that it's the same game but portable, not one bit. I mean, I LOVED the GBA ports for the original Donkey Kong Countries, since I could (and did) take them everywhere. And I won't have to deal with the motion controls. Having to shake the controllers just to roll really bugged me.

Quote from: Super on March 31, 2013, 12:43:13 PM
Honestly how would they keep them in?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Super

Quote from: Kayo on April 06, 2013, 08:19:50 PM
I'll definitely end up getting it provided I have the money. Loved the original. Don't care at all that it's the same game but portable, not one bit. I mean, I LOVED the GBA ports for the original Donkey Kong Countries, since I could (and did) take them everywhere. And I won't have to deal with the motion controls. Having to shake the controllers just to roll really bugged me.
Honestly how would they keep them in?
3DS has motion features. They could throw them in there somehow.

Custom

i might get this i dunno

in before stylus poop to roll

Kayo

Quote from: Super on April 06, 2013, 11:52:32 PM
3DS has motion features. They could throw them in there somehow.
Shake the 3DS to roll? What? I doubt they'd go far enough to use motion controls like that. Of course, I don't even know what "motion controls" you're talking about, all I'm aware of that's even loosely related to that is the gyro sensor and the pedometer thing. I have no clue what they'd do with that.

Also, has anyone seen the trailer? At the end of the level when you get the opportunity to score multiple hits on the exit barrel or the tiki guys that control the bosses, in the Wii version a little reminder to shake the controls appears on screen, and in the trailer for the 3DS version the X button appeared. Probably going to be the same button used for ground pounds or some poop, but at least that's a hint that they're not going to get dumb with motion controls
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

i don't understand why the waggle poop was too much for people to handle
i really don't think it's a big deal
it's a big deal for a game like skyward sword
but man this and like new super mario bros
the little waggle to do small feature thing does not bother me at all

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on April 12, 2013, 01:22:45 AM
i don't understand why the waggle poop was too much for people to handle
i really don't think it's a big deal
it's a big deal for a game like skyward sword
but man this and like new super mario bros
the little waggle to do small feature thing does not bother me at all
I liked using it to bust out of the treehouse in the first level and when you had to pound those huge button-things down, but when it got to doing rolls, etc, it was more like an issue of "I'd rather not"

The Wii makes me miss normal controllers, man ;-;
[move][/move]

AdamSakuru

I'm just going to say that I actually really hate this game. Like, it's not as fun to play as the original ones. The controls aren't as solid (and forcing us to use motion controls to roll, really?) and not going to lie I really miss the Kremlings. The new antagonists just aren't as cool. I dunno.

I also miss the physics system. Like, in classic DKC for example, when you would roll into an enemy, you would gain speed. Some levels were designed with this in mind. The guys at Retro claimed that they had paid attention to all the details of classic DKC so it would play just like it, but basic physics like this weren't in the game. I had a lot of deaths because I would assume this would happen, but wouldn't (and was just used to thinking that).

Like the game is okay, but I'd definitely take the originals over it any day. It's just not that great as a followup to a great series. But, with a 3DS port and no motion control, I can already say it sounds a little better for itself.
"Time to earn our reputation!"
-Adam Sakuru

Custom

i think dkc:r is 9343294932x better than the original games

retro > rare

dkc 1 and 2 are mediocre at best
i don't want to play 3 ever again, dinky kong is the worst idea ever
extremely overrated

Custom

dkc:r > dkc1 > dkc2 > dkc3
fight me

people act like these games are perfect like Super Mario World and I don't understand why
maybe it's because I don't have nostalgia attached to it? they just seem okay, there are MUCH better platformers out there.