News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Started by Neerb, September 19, 2012, 07:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

As hinted in KH3D's secret note (the past will come alive in new clarity, or something like that), there will be a Kingdom Hearts HD collection coming to PS3 next year. Currently only confirmed for Japan, it comes with KH1 Final Mix, Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. A strange selection, but I suppose it will give Sony fans a chance to play a better version of 358/2, and the name "1.5 Remix" shows they're purposely putting in the games from 1 to right before 2. My only questions are these: will 358/2 still have multiplayer, will Chain of Memories be the PS2 version or the GBA version (silly question, perhaps, but they technically didn't say which it was), and will we be getting BBS, II, Coded, and/or 3D in an HD remix next?

Zero

It'll have the PS2 version of Chain of Memories. Don't count on the GBA version.

Next collection would be II Final Mix, BBS, and ReCoded remade like Chain of Memories was, or even just II Final Mix and BBS.(I would not be surprised if they decide to not include Recoded, though if 358/2 days is going to be in the first collection, I'd say the chances are pretty good)

I'm also wouldn't count on 3D being a part of the collections. It was released recently and is still shipping units. Another reason would be that a couple attributes of the game involve 3DS-specific features.

Though I'll admit, having 3D on the PS3 within the next year would be pretty cool.

EDIT: Okay so I checked a bunch of sources, including Game Informer and Kotaku. With the exception of G4TV, they all confirm that the version of Chain of Memories we are getting is Re: Chain of Memories. The PS2 version. In addition, Square Enix is calling the collection a "video work". So this could all just be a facade just to see if interest is high enough to invest in the product. What.the.intercourse .

DededeCloneChris

358/2 Days is just its cutscenes in HD. No gameplay.

Zero

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Z on September 20, 2012, 08:33:23 AM
You've got to be kidding
Nope. Here's the source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-playstation-3-in-2013/

This is just a collection of two games (and cutscenes) with HD support added. It will by no means look more realistic, like the Devil May Cry HD version and Okami HD, for example.

Also, I'm pretty sure is really easy to cook up this collection in a short time, so this isn't what the secret message in KH 3D was hinting at.

Zero

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on September 20, 2012, 08:50:40 AM
Nope. Here's the source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-playstation-3-in-2013/

This is just a collection of two games (and cutscenes) with HD support added. It will by no means look more realistic, like the Devil May Cry HD version and Okami HD, for example.

Square is being lazy as poop. Probably not going to get this after all.

Nayrman

Never liked KH at all, but I have to say all these HD remakes are starting to get annoying. Yes, the games will look marginally better, but to be honest most of us playing the DMC's, MGS's, etc. are old enough to remember the SNES/GEN (or at the very least, N64/PS1 days). Making games that looked fine slightly more in tune of widescreen support really doesn't interest me....   Only positives are that they're compilations to an extent, obviously not much on this one tho.

The Riddler

the intercourse  are you all complaining about

if we get final mix out of this, rejoice.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on September 21, 2012, 04:33:20 PM
the intercourse  are you all complaining about

If I remember, the only difference in those versions are one or two extra bosses, so why rejoice over that?

Except KH2, since it has many extra bosses.

Neerb

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on September 21, 2012, 07:22:40 PM
If I remember, the only difference in those versions are one or two extra bosses, so why rejoice over that?

I think there are also more items, cutscenes, and a harder difficulty (although KH1's hard mode was too hard for me to finish anyway; KH2, on the other hand, could DEFINITELY use a difficulty spike).

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on September 21, 2012, 04:33:20 PM
the intercourse  are you all complaining about

okay, fair enough

but you can't deny that its disappointing how lame Square is being. Re: 358/2 days would be pretty cool.

DededeCloneChris

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/23/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-first-look-with-the-tgs-trailer/

Here's the trailer for the collection. Also, it seems 358/2 Days will have more cutscenes since I THINK I don't remember that one shown in the trailer.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Nayrman on September 21, 2012, 02:27:59 PM
Never liked KH at all, but I have to say all these HD remakes are starting to get annoying. Yes, the games will look marginally better, but to be honest most of us playing the DMC's, MGS's, etc. are old enough to remember the SNES/GEN (or at the very least, N64/PS1 days). Making games that looked fine slightly more in tune of widescreen support really doesn't interest me....   Only positives are that they're compilations to an extent, obviously not much on this one tho.
It's to make nostalgia look better, and loop in the younger generations.

Viewtifulboy

I'd love to experience Kingdom Hearts again on a great big HD screen. ^_^