News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Why EarthBound is not on the Virtual Console.

Started by Tupin, July 01, 2012, 01:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180446

Out of these three things, only thing that is holding the game back from a re-release that is a real problem is the Sky Runner song. The other two could be changed easily, but I think the creator has gone on record saying he doesn't want to make changes to the game.

Well, I don't want to have to spend $200 to have a legitimate copy of a game that's seventeen years old.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

The way things are going, either the creator is going to just have to put up with all the hate from foreign fans or give in and change some songs. To be honest, I think he should be a bit embarrassed at himself for not letting people play legitimate versions of his game simply because of a few music changes. It's not like they're asking him to change the gameplay or something.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 01, 2012, 02:57:04 PM
The way things are going, either the creator is going to just have to put up with all the hate from foreign fans or give in and change some songs. To be honest, I think he should be a bit embarrassed at himself for not letting people play legitimate versions of his game simply because of a few music changes. It's not like they're asking him to change the gameplay or something.
I'm honestly surprised it isn't all of the music/mentions they have of The Beatles. Who knew Dali's estate looked for stuff like this? Just change it to "Melting Clock" or something. The Chuck Berry thing is understandable, but KK Rockin is pretty much the same song.

I wonder what are the chances of getting The Who to approve the Sky Runner music versus just replacing it.

I don't think Itoi really knows, the series was never one of his main focuses. Ironic that he's a copywriter, huh?

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

Quote from: Z on October 05, 2012, 10:53:17 AM
FFVI

no dawg
no man

earthbound is trippy
and it's the only rpg i've ever seen that takes place in modern day and not in the future or deep in the past
10/10 would play every day of my life

Zero

Quote from: Custom on October 05, 2012, 11:00:05 AM
no dawg
no man

earthbound is trippy
and it's the only rpg i've ever seen that takes place in modern day and not in the future or deep in the past
10/10 would play every day of my life

i'll admit i played it in between classes on  my psp and my opinion of it has turned into a positive one

but there are certain things about it I still don't like.

Tupin

I loved EarthBound, but the grinding required at times was horrible. Oh, and getting the Sword of Kings is a pain.

zephilicious

~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on October 05, 2012, 07:57:39 PM
I loved EarthBound, but the grinding required at times was horrible. Oh, and getting the Sword of Kings is a pain.
what kind of drugs were you on
the grinding in that game was the best of any jrpg
you can autokill enemies that you're way stronger than without any fight sequence
i haven't seen any good use of that genius function since

Viewtifulboy

It also had extremely limited graphics, nigh nonexistent battle animations, and a yo-yo as a weapon.

Honestly, what character uses a YO-YO as a weapon?

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on October 08, 2013, 11:28:42 AM
It also had extremely limited graphics, nigh nonexistent battle animations, and a yo-yo as a weapon.

me

whatwewishfor

dont bump old threads thats against the rules rule breaker
whatever

Zero

get wreckt

Viewtifulboy

Killua's an exception.

And so is Bridget.

And Captain Blue Jr.

And Rinku.

And Malin.