Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

-possible Baton passer/spinner-

I'm thinking about running Leafeon as a Baton Passer. Has acceptable defenses and all that, but at the same time meh, there are better baton passers. Either way I need help with the last spot and the team in general, would post on Smogon but most of those fags would just criticize the lack of the extremely homosexual stealth rock support my teams lack.

Matt

Haven't played the new Pokemon game or payed really any attention to the new Pokemon so I can't help much there. Though, a few decent Baton Passers that I've used with success are Jolton, Zapdos, Celebi, and of course the Mean Look Baton Passing Umbreon. As for a Rapid Spin Pokemon (Assuming that's what you mean by spinner)... Forretress, Starmie, Tentacruel, and Hitmontop fair pretty well. Like I said, haven't played in ages, going based of what worked before all the new Pokemon.

After looking up those Pokemon, I'd suggest an Aerodactyl, Weavile, or Starmie as revenge killers.

Zero

Weavile would be interesting, but kind of weird considering my Dark on this particular team is Bisharp. Starmie is an obvious choice, as it could double as a Spinner. Aerodactyl is a pokemon I could consider if I wasn't so set on having a bulky Baton passer.

Kayo

Too bad Bisharp doesn't get any moves with more than 80 BP. And it's not to fast and not particularly tough defensively. It's sticking out to me as the weakest member of your team, but I've never actually used one myself. If you can make it work with its neat typing, etc. (just watch for fighters) it has potential.

I don't think you'd really lose much if you replaced Bisharp.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I've been thinking about baton passing into STAB Sucker Punch/Iron Head. That's why I want to use Bisharp I guess.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 02, 2011, 01:33:58 PM
I've been thinking about baton passing into STAB Sucker Punch/Iron Head. That's why I want to use Bisharp I guess.
Sure, but that doesn't work when you have no passer. Now since that's what you're most likely going to use your sixth slot for, you should think about that.

But remember, there are a bunch of other Baton receivers that are better than Bisharp.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Yeah, but the toxic immunity/Gengar Sludge Bomb STAB has saved my ass. Switch in on a Gengar and they're intercourse ed because well, no one expects a Bisharp. I just need to figure out a Baton Passer.

Right now on Pokemon Online I'm running a Sun Team and its devastating.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 02, 2011, 06:20:00 PM
Yeah, but the toxic immunity/Gengar Sludge Bomb STAB has saved my ass. Switch in on a Gengar and they're intercourse ed because well, no one expects a Bisharp. I just need to figure out a Baton Passer.

Right now on Pokemon Online I'm running a Sun Team and its devastating.
But is that the only reason you use Bisharp? There are other things too with more power and/or speed. But it's up to you. Again if you can make it work, then go with it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Well the surprise factor helps yeah. I could probably replace him with a Hydreigon or an Excadrill and improve the team dramatically but meh, I like Bisharp. STAB Sucker Punch is intercourse ing win. After he's set up he OHKO's everything in the metagame. The reason he "sucks" is because he is one shot by fighting moves, and those are so common in Gen V's metagame.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 02, 2011, 06:39:06 PM
Well the surprise factor helps yeah. I could probably replace him with a Hydreigon or an Excadrill and improve the team dramatically but meh, I like Bisharp. STAB Sucker Punch is intercourse ing win. After he's set up he OHKO's everything in the metagame. The reason he "sucks" is because he is one shot by fighting moves, and those are so common in Gen V's metagame.

Or because he can't learn a SINGLE move stronger than 80 BP + STAB, which is a big disadvantage in competitive battling. And he has that classic high attack+mediocre speed+not so great defenses combo that just isn't very effective without major setup.
[move][/move]

Zero

Yeah pretty much. You have to play him right.

I'm not really all for running a team that's easy mode, lol.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 02, 2011, 07:15:17 PM
Yeah pretty much. You have to play him right.

I'm not really all for running a team that's easy mode, lol.
Yeah but using Bisharp is like saying "Lol guys I'm going to use something sub-par because lol".

Then again I myself have successfully played Shedinja on a team before. Let me tell you I think that's one of the most difficult things to use, but it can stop certain opponents dead in their tracks.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I don't think there are that many people here that still follow the competitive scene.
Maybe I should start following it again. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on October 04, 2011, 12:43:45 PM
I don't think there are that many people here that still follow the competitive scene.
Maybe I should start following it again. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
I've been pretty much in and out of it lately. I'm trying to follow it though.
[move][/move]

Zero

I've been using http://pokemon-online.eu/ to get back into the metagame because Shoddy Battle is inferior in every sense of the word to it and Wifi is too intercourse ing slow.

I also made a GSC team but I haven't found a server that plays GSC yet.

All in all I'll intercourse ing tell you what competitve 5th gen pokemon is like(OU anyway):