September 25, 2018, 08:01:10 AM

News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality


College starts Monday

Started by Custom, August 14, 2011, 01:44:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Custom

I don't know. It seems fun because it's more of classes I want to take, but I'm kind of nervous. I know I act like an idiot here, but it's hard for me to pick up textbooks and just read them for hours on end. They all have such dry text and make it impossible to get into.

Are you guys starting college or going into a new year of high school soon? If so, are you nervous at all?

I know this thread is kind of whiny and awful. Usually I'm like NO CARE EVER, but I dunno. Some things still bother me, I guess.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

Eh, it'll probably be less daunting once you actually get into the proper mindset. Sure there will be bullpoop assignments and whatnot, but you'll probably find a way to manage.

Kayo

I still have almost a month left of summer. actually just like 2 weeks. oh poop what the intercourse  happened i'm not ready for senior stuff aaaaaa

by october i won't care
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Wow. Custom's and Super's serious posts are far and few between. I think the break in style is a nice change of pace.

Anyway, I start late (September 9th, classes on 12th). It sounds like you'll be taking some liberal arts classes if you're scared of textbooks. That's a shame--the liberal arts classes, I mean. I always thought that classes like that were nearly pointless. That's why I'm going to art school: one math class, one science class, and one legit language arts class. WHAT.

I guess if you somehow like "foundation studies," then good for you. But to me, it's just high school all over again--hopefully minus the stupid drama (that I could never relate to)--which I don't want.

Anyway anyway, I'm not nervous at all. I'm nearly excited since I'll finally be on my own, but actual schoolwork and the like keeps me from being actually excited.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

August 17, 2011, 08:50:45 AM #4 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:01:48 AM by Custom
I'm taking Japanese, freshman English, and Algebra II because I'm awful at math. So far it's been stressful as intercourse . I don't know why. I feel like I'm behind in Japanese and English, even though we had no homework I feel like there's something I should have done and that I'm going to fail. Today is only the second time I've had the classes. I have to do math homework tonight. I've been so stressed. Maybe the driving an hour to school and back every day has been weighing on me too, as I'm not that great at driving and haven't had a lot of experience...

Also, I miss my girlfriend. :c

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I just took Algebra II and that's high school D:

Japanese sounds cool though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

It's okay guys. I finished all my homework.
Everything is alright.

IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OKAY

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I almost can't wait until school starts again so I can relate to you guys with your homework and stuff D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Ravioli

Quote from: Kayo on August 17, 2011, 11:32:14 PM
I almost can't wait until school starts again so I can relate to you guys with your homework and stuff D:

What the intercourse  no no no no shut your whore mouth

Zero

You'll be fine. Don't lose your confidence, but the best advice I can give is something you probably already know. Take college seriously and put school above everything else, you'll find yourself worrying less and you'll be happier overall.




RX-78-2

Quote from: Custom on August 17, 2011, 08:50:45 AM
I'm taking Japanese, freshman English, and Algebra II because I'm awful at math. So far it's been stressful as intercourse . I don't know why. I feel like I'm behind in Japanese and English, even though we had no homework I feel like there's something I should have done and that I'm going to fail. Today is only the second time I've had the classes. I have to do math homework tonight. I've been so stressed. Maybe the driving an hour to school and back every day has been weighing on me too, as I'm not that great at driving and haven't had a lot of experience...

Also, I miss my girlfriend. :c
The driving must be horrible. I'd hate it, anyway.

One piece of advice I can give is to trick yourself into not getting stressed out by anything. That's what I did for my entire high school "career" (as they say). On the other hand, that doesn't mean to stop caring about schoolwork. Just do it and don't make the same mistake I did of not ever studying enough. I know the math homework can be annoying as piss (I took Algebra II) but the practice is actually worth it when the quizzes and tests come.

Japanese sounds like an awesome class though; I'd take it. English is easier than you think--not to downplay the challenge it might me presenting you. It's really just memorization when it comes to vocabulary and even some grammar. To have good grammar--unfortunately--you'll just have to read a lot of well-written literature (of any kind). As for understanding whatever work of fiction you might be reading, ask your teacher or classmates questions or use Sparknotes and the like.

Trust me. You'll survive. Not that I've been through it--but it's school.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

CoasterKid93

I moved in this weekend and classes start tomorrow for me. I am taking: Intro to Sociology, Freshman English (Focus on Protest Literature), Intro to American Government and Politics, Intro to American Art, and Mathematical Ideas. I'm a little worried about the work load, but not really. However, living in a freshman dorm hall is just like going to high school: a lot of drama and poopty people everywhere. When I went out on my dorm hall to go meet people, and be social in general, I was ignored for the most part. Hopefully I will meet cool people in my classes and clubs and stuff; my roommate and a few other people are pretty cool.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on August 28, 2011, 05:08:39 PM
I moved in this weekend and classes start tomorrow for me. I am taking: Intro to Sociology, Freshman English (Focus on Protest Literature), Intro to American Government and Politics, Intro to American Art, and Mathematical Ideas. I'm a little worried about the work load, but not really. However, living in a freshman dorm hall is just like going to high school: a lot of drama and poopty people everywhere. When I went out on my dorm hall to go meet people, and be social in general, I was ignored for the most part. Hopefully I will meet cool people in my classes and clubs and stuff; my roommate and a few other people are pretty cool.


the kid that likes geoff and dbz seems cool

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on August 29, 2011, 12:17:57 AM
the kid that likes geoff and dbz seems cool


He was like "THERE HAVE TO BE MORE FORZA VIDEOS"
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

RX-78-2

September 05, 2011, 09:13:49 PM #14 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:14:13 PM by RX-78-2
So I'm leaving for college Wednesday evening. I move in on the 9th and class starts on the 12th. My only complaints are a public speaking and communications class (I'm not nervous about that stuff, I just think that it's stupid), two classes that end at 4:30, and my Wednesday schedule (the only class that day is from 11:30 to 1:00, which will probably mess up my sleep schedule).

I just hope it's not always hot as balls in Savannah.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Go Up