News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Upload Playthroughs at you own risk...

Started by DededeCloneChris, July 03, 2011, 09:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

...if the law even passes the bill, though.

http://kotaku.com/5817735/wait-a-minute-could-uploading-video-of-video-games-really-send-you-to-prison

There's a bill proposing that uploading playthroughs should be against copyright laws. If this horrendous bill were to pass, then would that mean the entire gaming community at Youtube is going to get thrown in jail? Discuss.

Neerb

This is complete and total bullcrap. Video games =/= movies, people! Watching a playthrough of a game doesn't allow you to play it without paying for it; no actual gamers would even think of it being stealing.

DededeCloneChris

This country is becoming less and less free for us.

Nayrman

That basically means everyone on Youtube is going to jail if this happens. Seriously, our government is bought by big corporations these days. "Land of the Free" my ass. This is getting worse year by year. *angrily sighs*

Tupin

This is clearly an oversight, they mean streaming movies. Companies that make games don't care anyway, they wouldn't complain because it's not like you can play the game from a video. Whereas with movies, you can watch the whole movie.

It's two different things. Even if it does pass, companies will change their legal descriptions to allow it, or just ignore them.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Ron

That's like saying that if you're playing a game, no one is allowed to watch you unless they're playing it themselves. Utter bullpoop.

Click me ^

DededeCloneChris

If anything, uploading playthroughs encourages people to buy games.

Bearissoslow

faggots are overreacting to this. It's honestly not a huge deal since it'll never pass. here's a video explaining what rigorous process it has to undergo for this poop to become legal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

also even if it does pass somehow, lol @ enforcing it.

Kayo

So now I can't invite friends over to play games unless they each bring their own copies. Even though we only need one to play. They have to own the game too.

Yeah, that's not how it is, but it's pretty much THAT ridiculous.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

And that's if video game companies chose to pursue action too, right?
...̅̅̅

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Live In Stereo on July 03, 2011, 09:50:51 PM
And that's if video game companies chose to pursue action too, right?
Some may allow it, but it's pretty infuriating everyone else won't.

Bearissoslow

do any of you realize how intercourse ing difficult it would be to legitimately punish this behavior?

While it's true some or a lot may possibly choose to pursue action on this, it seems like in the long run (or maybe not even that long) they'll end up losing more money than they'll get off of this as they'll end up alienating a lot of people who buy their product. And especially knowing how the "gamer community" is and acts, that won't end well. So I personally doubt many of them will, if any. Unless they end up really strapped for cash.
...̅̅̅

Ravioli

Matt

Fail attempt at making a bill that won't pass is fail.