News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

NO MORE ZELDA AND STAR FOX

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

...if they don't get the best tag on them.

http://kotaku.com/5809738/nintendo-developers-warned-of-a-future-with-no-more-zelda-star-fox-games

Miyamoto himself stated that if Skyward Sword wasn't the best Zelda yet, he warned developers that the series was going to be lynched. Okay, not like that, but it will be put back to the box and forever stop us from using our mute hero. That also goes to Star Fox 64 3D.

Thoughts? I think Miyamoto is getting DEAD serious about this.

Nayrman

Based on the massive popularity of Zelda and how high quality they generally are (even if they don't top Ocarina of Time), that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Star Fox on the other hand, maybe. Although that's entirely on the developers for making mediocre to poop games after 64 and not figuring out that all they need to do is KEEP FOX IN THE DAMN ARWING. *stomps on the graves of Adventures and Assault more*

DededeCloneChris

Quick, everyone! We need to mind-control anybody who says no to these games even if they suck! (Which of course they don't look like they do).

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 08, 2011, 03:00:27 PM
Thoughts? I think Miyamoto is getting DEAD serious about this.

lol, as if Miyamoto has the authority/is willing to throw one of his prized series down the toilet just because single game gets a 9.9 after Ocarina of Time got a 10.

It's just to get everyone psyched up; both series will definitely continue, so he's basically saying his teams intend to make these the best games of their series ever. Which, honestly, is entirely possible: Skyward Sword is beautiful, well controlled, revolutionary for the series, and seems to have a great story planned, and Star Fox 64 3D is literally just an improved version of what is already the best Star Fox game.

SkyMyl

I think it's just motivation for the team working on Skyward Sword, so that the devs treat it as the last Zelda game being made, which gives it a LOT to live up to if he's serious. The threat for SF643D makes no sense, as it's a remake of what's usually regarded as the best game in the series, thus, it has a high chance of doing well.

...even if he's not serious, those are some darn high threats.

FruitFlow

I don't think so.
I mean it worked with DK (Which was doomed to die down after the Country trilogy), so it's a possibility it will work with those two.
Especially considering the fact that Zelda is one of the most popular series' from Nintendo.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Bearissoslow

I want it to happen just so all the fanboys cry and cut themselves to sleep. Shit'd be entertaining.

Neerb

Quote from: Bearissoslow on June 14, 2011, 01:42:01 PM
I want it to happen just so all the fanboys cry and cut themselves to sleep. Shit'd be entertaining.

Whoops, looks like Bear's time-out is over. Could the mods keep an eye out and make sure he doesn't keep picking fights with the other kindergarteners?

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on June 14, 2011, 01:42:01 PM

Star Fox is practically a dead franchise, so its quite probable that you'll be seeing Star Fox fans weep. As for Zelda....don't count on it.

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2011, 06:19:34 PM
Whoops, looks like Bear's time-out is over. Could the mods keep an eye out and make sure he doesn't keep picking fights with the other kindergarteners?

I was ever banned?

and kingdom hearts fans pale on the obnoxious-ometer compared to Zelda fans. I'd say js but I'm actually right and you all are too gay to admit it.

DededeCloneChris

I have high hopes both series will advert total death.

Zero

lol KH fans less obnoxious?

inb4ROXAS

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Zero on June 17, 2011, 05:44:57 PM
lol KH fans less obnoxious?

inb4ROXAS

at least most of them are reasonably ashamed to like KH as much as they do. the only really bad ones exist on deviant art and furry sites who came when they saw sora in pridelands.

zelda fanboys are just obnoxious with the whole "oh i'm so sophisticated because i prefer MM and i've played zelda 2, a game you've probably never heard of. btw wind waker was trash and twilight princess was soooo terrible. I like Zelda before it started selling out."

Qsmash

I might be willing to give up Star Fox if there will be a brand new IP or a new F-Zero.

Seriously, how hard is it to make another on rails space shooter with new levels and power ups? It's a small step foward, but that's what people want. Where is my INOVASHUN?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Qsmash on June 17, 2011, 08:35:34 PM
I might be willing to give up Star Fox if there will be a brand new IP or a new F-Zero.

Seriously, how hard is it to make another on rails space shooter with new levels and power ups? It's a small step foward, but that's what people want. Where is my INOVASHUN?
It's hard when you think that there's an actual plot with characters full of potential. And things got all weird in Command...