News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Working out

Started by Tahrann, May 31, 2011, 02:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Even nerds like me need to hit the weights here and there. I, myself, have been dropped down to having to do just push-ups (adding +1 everyday and trying to very from normal to diamond [working my way up to clapping and one handed] since they hit the muscles a bit differently) because my weights are either taken or a 30 minute drive away. But from what my college coach said your muscles will degrade after 72 hours of no hard work, so as long as you do some push-ups/ jumping jacks/ weight lifting, you have a chance to drastically slow degradation (I have to walk everywhere/ up flights of stairs everyday for my job, so I am not worried about my legs as much). So what exactly do yall do for your weight training? Sports? Hitting the gym?
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Kayo

I take Martial Arts so there ya go. That's a good hour or so twice a week, when it fits my schedule. I have zero access to weights or anything so like you said, I'm left with push-ups.

Also lately I've been in the process of moving my bedroom from a room upstairs to a room in the basement. This involves carrying all my stuff down all those stairs, armload by armload by armload. back and forth, all day. My leg muscles are intercourse in' amazing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I don't work out at all. I know I should, but god darn I hate doing it so much. Seriously, of all the things I absolutely hate, working out is one of the top ones...

FruitFlow

I usually go to the gym on a weekly basis.
Preferably on days that I work.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Seventh

I usually don't work out much...though my job usually nets me the work I need (I'm typically on the move, lifting stuff, carrying stuff, pushing stuff, you get the idea), and me and my gf are planning on walking a trail in town as often as possible this summer.

I guess I'm not quite as active as I should be, but I'm at least semi-active, so I guess it's not all bad.
meh

Tahrann

Quote from: Nayrman on May 31, 2011, 07:30:46 AM
I don't work out at all. I know I should, but god darn I hate doing it so much. Seriously, of all the things I absolutely hate, working out is one of the top ones...

It gets easier after you start, it just takes a few days. Eventually you ignore the soreness after you get done and are able to do more. I hate running as a workout, but sometimes I have to do it (unfortunately).

@Kayo, I think martial arts is probably one of the best kinds of workouts (wish I could do it somewhere) just because you are forcing your body to use most of your muscles.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

ThePowerOfOne

I hate working out, like lifting and stuff. I just stick to good eating habits, dance, and A LOT of walking. I always go for a run every morning on the beach, and sometimes at night too if im especially stressed out. Lately ive been going to my friends yoga and kickboxing classes once a week, thats pretty fun and keeps you in shape.

Kayo

Quote from: Tahrann on May 31, 2011, 11:43:30 AM
@Kayo, I think martial arts is probably one of the best kinds of workouts (wish I could do it somewhere) just because you are forcing your body to use most of your muscles.
Especially because we're currently doing some demo form that involves doing a 360 degree spinning kick into a cartwheel. I have no clue why, but it's quite the workout (i could never even do cartwheels before lol)

but breaking things is fun :3
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Magnum

Weights, Wrestling, Heavy Lifting, Walk my Dog. I'm kinda a beast, if you didn't know.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

RX-78-2

Quote from: Misha on May 31, 2011, 12:13:28 PM
I hate working out, like lifting and stuff. I just stick to good eating habits, dance, and A LOT of walking. I always go for a run every morning on the beach, and sometimes at night too if im especially stressed out. Lately ive been going to my friends yoga and kickboxing classes once a week, thats pretty fun and keeps you in shape.
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but apparently running and working out in the morning is really bad for you. I mean, if you really like it and it works for you, then props to ya, but I read somewhere that if you force yourself to do it in the morning that it's really bad. The rest of your workout stuff sounds great though. I've heard that yoga is surprisingly helpful and healthy.

Anyway, I try to exercise somehow at least once a day. Every weekend I run/walk/bike about a mile and a half (maybe two). I also play drums (albeit on videogames), but it's actually a great workout if you play decently difficult songs (i.e. Expert level) for at least half an hour. As for exercises, I generally do at least one of these a day (all in one rep or whatever):

• 30 sit-ups (I've done 100 at most, but recently I've only been able to easily get up to about 60)
  • flexing/working my abs (think of doing a sit-up and stopping at a third or fourth of the way, then holding it for a minute without using the rest of your body) for at least a minute (I do this one twice to work out the upper and lower abs)
  • at least 40 push-ups (I've done 50 at most)
  • at least 15 pull-ups/chin-ups (i.e. underhand grip or overhand grip, I've done 18 at most)
  • at least 30, usually 35 squats
  • using this little grip tool in each hand for a minute after gripping it in each hand at least 70 times

Sometimes, my friends and I get together on weekends and do this thing we call "workout club," which is exactly what it implies. It's pretty much us doing the things I just mentioned plus running and jumping jacks.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Well I play the drums on Guitar Hero/Rock Band regularly so this sort of counts then, if you say so.
[move][/move]

Magnum

It's not bad if you work out in the morning. You're simply more prone to injury and you won't get as good of a workout in the morning. Doing it in the day is the best time.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

FruitFlow

Quote from: Magnum the Magical Pony on June 08, 2011, 01:02:33 AM
It's not bad if you work out in the morning. You're simply more prone to injury and you won't get as good of a workout in the morning. Doing it in the day is the best time.

Yep. That's pretty much it.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

I'm strongly against doing exercise in the morning when I'm tired. I refuse to do it, actually. I prefer nighttime, like oh, 7 PM or so. Coincidentally I'm going to Martial Arts tonight at that time. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
[move][/move]

Custom

I've started running 40 minutes a day now and doing 30 pushups every night. I also lift weights. Starting off easy, 50 laying going up and down, then 25 laying down going from my outstretched sides to the center of my chest.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!