News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Attention, breeders.

Started by Kayo, March 22, 2011, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 22, 2011, 07:47:41 PM
On a vaguely related note, for those of you who didn't know, ever since Gen 4 the likelihood of shinies in eggs is much greater when it has a foreign parent.
Masuda method. The odds are multiplied by 4, if I'm not mistaken. It goes from 1/8192 to 1 in 2 thousand something.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

It's actually what Alder uses to fly away on when he flies. That's how I found out.

He's what I use for my breeding. Which reminds me, I'll be offering up some fantastic Pokerus infected young uns with egg moves and good IVs in the near future.

FruitFlow

A flying egg hatcher?
It's about freaking time GF.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Oh yes. My Larvesta is at level 57. Won't be long now. I'll have my Volcarona before I finish this Elite Four run.

Also, does anyone plan on using a Volcarona other than to hatch eggs?

I will. A separate one, though. For the one I'll use in battles, I'll bother with natures and EVs and such. For this one I'm not.
But it's got that Quiver Dance move. As long as it survives a hit in order to set up, it may be unstoppable. That huge Rock weaknesses is really hurting it though. Along with the poor Defense. But I'll use it anyway. I know I can make it work. With a Bold nature and max IVs/EVs, defense gets to 251 and HP is around 374. If I choose to invest in those I might survive, but then I lose tons of speed or Sp. Atk, and Quiver Dance becomes less dynamic.

This is tough. For now, I'll just work on this egghatcher so I can get my Hydreigon.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I might give it a shot in competitive play.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Awesome, I now have a Volcarona.

I can now get five eggs, fly to the "Marvelous" bridge and get tons of EV feathers, and fly back. Without hitting the PC once except to deposit hatched pokemon.

feelsgoodman
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 10:26:54 AM
Awesome, I now have a Volcarona.

I can now get six eggs, fly to the "Marvelous" bridge and get tons of EV feathers, and fly back. Without hitting the PC once except to deposit hatched pokemon.

feelsgoodman
Six eggs in a party?

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 23, 2011, 11:08:02 AM
Six eggs in a party?
Actually more. When my party's full sometimes I'll deposit a few eggs into the PC to collect more. Then when there's that "drought" period where eggs are hatching faster then the Day-Care man can give them to you, I can go into the PC and grab a few of the eggs I put there.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 11:26:46 AM
Actually more. When my party's full sometimes I'll deposit a few eggs into the PC to collect more. Then when there's that "drought" period where eggs are hatching faster then the Day-Care man can give them to you, I can go into the PC and grab a few of the eggs I put there.
So...one of those six eggs in your party with no Pokemon will actually protect you when you're busy hatching them?

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 23, 2011, 11:28:20 AM
So...one of those six eggs in your party with no Pokemon will actually protect you when you're busy hatching them?
Who the intercourse  wouldn't carry a pokemon with them? I have my Volcarona.

I also have 8 Deino eggs currently waiting to be hatched. Yes, Final stage Deino.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I'm going to try to hatch an Adamant Gyrados.
Aside from Atk, what other IVs should it have?

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 23, 2011, 02:07:11 PM
I'm going to try to hatch an Adamant Gyrados.
Aside from Atk, what other IVs should it have?
Depends. You probably want speed, but if you're using Dragon Dance you really don't need to be perfect in attack (You should be close by just a few points though)

Also make sure the other IVs (besides Sp. Atk) are not below... 15-20. You don't have to be perfect, but I hate settling for single digits in defensive stats.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 04:32:14 PM
Depends. You probably want speed, but if you're using Dragon Dance you really don't need to be perfect in attack (You should be close by just a few points though)

Also make sure the other IVs (besides Sp. Atk) are not below... 15-20. You don't have to be perfect, but I hate settling for single digits in defensive stats.
Yeah, I'm using Dragon Dance.
Defense seems to be the lowest part of its bulk, so I'll get 31 for that.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 23, 2011, 04:47:09 PM
Yeah, I'm using Dragon Dance.
Defense seems to be the lowest part of its bulk, so I'll get 31 for that.

Why? Once you get set up you won't need defense. Like I said, you don't need perfection. I'd make attack and speed your priority.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 11:41:43 AM
Who the intercourse  wouldn't carry a pokemon with them? I have my Volcarona.

I also have 8 Deino eggs currently waiting to be hatched. Yes, Final stage Deino.

smogon banned it cool guys / 10

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!