News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Permanent vacation.

Started by Allegretto, June 23, 2010, 10:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kianglo on June 24, 2010, 07:49:09 PM
Oh, members can't delete their own accounts? I always thought they could... guess not.
Technically you can, but it has to go through admin approval. Since I've been Sr. Mod, it's been my policy to reject every one (it messes with stats)...but I've not removed the permission. It typically serves as a good placebo - and then a month later I email the user.

Kayo

Quote from: Mace on June 24, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
Technically you can, but it has to go through admin approval. Since I've been Sr. Mod, it's been my policy to reject every one (it messes with stats)...but I've not removed the permission. It typically serves as a good placebo - and then a month later I email the user.
Oh, I see what you mean. So The option is there, but it ends up as "A request has been sent to the admins for approval" or something like that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

Pretty much, yes. Again, it's incredibly rare that a deletion will get approved because it messes stats up/etc...but there is a button, and it can be done.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mace on June 24, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
Ah, the beauty of a slightly sneaky yet systematically effective digital bureaucracy. I love it. maneatingrobot;
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************