News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Card games?

Started by Magnum, May 04, 2010, 08:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegory

Quote from: Midnight Absol on May 19, 2010, 03:17:02 AM
I'll play you as well, add me to your IM system of choice. tsunami11@live.com You as well, Allegory. Although, Chao, I would like to ask you refrain from playing Eldrazi. I don't have any.
I'll have to find someone who has one cause I don't, but I'll be happy to play if I can find one. Magnum might have one I can borrow.

tollhouse2006

i like playing children's card games with friends.  Screw magic and pokeman.  YGO Card Games are where it's at.   Texas Holdem is also fun
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Level_9_Chao

So a few days ago I went to a semi-local Friday Night Magic at the comic store (Graham Crackers in Naperville IL, if you're close).

And I was really surprised at how inexperienced I was. Like, I could beat my friends easy, but outside of casuals it's way more rigid on rules. Still was hella fun though.

Has anyone been to a card tourney of any sort?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Allegory

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on June 13, 2010, 09:40:04 PM
Has anyone been to a card tourney of any sort?

We used to have them all the time before our game store closed...... (Sad.......)

arachnid

Quote from: Allegory on June 21, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
We used to have them all the time before our game store closed...... (Sad.......)

.....sniff........
l   l              l   l                                       l    l            l    l
                                                              \   i             i   /
                                                               \\ \          /  //
                                                                \\  \ [  ] /  //
                                                                   \\[{ }]//
                                                               //--{[[ ]]}--\\
                                                             //  //  [{}] \\  \\
                                                            //  // {{[]}} \\  \\
                                                           //  // ({[[0]]}) \\ \\
                                                           ii   ll (({{0}}))  ll  ii
                                                           ii   ll  \({{}})/  ll  ii
                                                            l   l    \({})/     l   l
                                                                      \---/

RX-78-2

Magic is very interesting and awesome, but I don't know all of the rules and I can't find my cards. I didn't have too many either though.

I first collected Pokémon cards and still have all of them--which is a lot. I mainly learned the rules from an official computer game that I have.

Then I collected Yu-gi-oh! cards, which I pretty much still all have, though I've lost track of my main deck, which is very unfortunate for me because it basically made me the best duelist out of my friends.

I don't collect much of either of my main TCG's anymore, but I occasionally buy a couple of packs after a while just to see what I get. I really wish I had someone to play with though. Then I'd definitely get back into it.

By the way, I really only play Yu-gi-oh!. I can play Pokémon, but I don't know much about good strategy for that game and I can't find any of my decks for it.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Yugi

I still have a ton of my Dragonball Z cards, and even though that game had some weird rules and card types, I enjoyed it when I played it. I wouldn't mind buying a structure deck for sake of having the play materials, such as the Power Sword, and the rule book. I'd love to make a deck or two with some friends and hash it out, but I doubt that's ever going to happen. :/ I doubt I have any friend's who would enjoy playing DBZTCG

Silverhawk79

I've still got most (if not all) of my Pokemon cards, though I can't really remember the exact playing rules, and I don't think I'll ever find anyone to play with me.
Now if only I could find my little book thing with all my rare and awesome cards in it...

The Riddler

Quote from: Rez on July 04, 2010, 11:55:01 AM
I still have a ton of my Dragonball Z cards, and even though that game had some weird rules and card types, I enjoyed it when I played it. I wouldn't mind buying a structure deck for sake of having the play materials, such as the Power Sword, and the rule book. I'd love to make a deck or two with some friends and hash it out, but I doubt that's ever going to happen. :/ I doubt I have any friend's who would enjoy playing DBZTCG
DBZ cards were complicated, but I had a ton of them. I remember having the Majin set.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Detective Conan on July 04, 2010, 11:23:30 PM
DBZ cards were complicated, but I had a ton of them. I remember having the Majin set.

The only ones I ever had I got when I was 10 and had a Toys R Us gift card. They had some huge box with 2 starter decks and a bunch of boosters. All from the saiyan saga.

It sort of got to me, how power levels were exponentially higher in later sets. Was the game designed to be so incompatible or was I doing it wrong?

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

The Riddler

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 04, 2010, 11:54:28 PM
The only ones I ever had I got when I was 10 and had a Toys R Us gift card. They had some huge box with 2 starter decks and a bunch of boosters. All from the saiyan saga.

It sort of got to me, how power levels were exponentially higher in later sets. Was the game designed to be so incompatible or was I doing it wrong?
It's like the DBZ games. You can't use kid Gohan vs. Majin Buu. Just wouldn't work.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Detective Conan on July 04, 2010, 11:57:43 PM
It's like the DBZ games. You can't use kid Gohan vs. Majin Buu. Just wouldn't work.

The fighting games? I remember in Budokai everybody could kill everyone else.

Being a Magic player though and just getting into the tournament scene, they have cycling sets (every year or so, a new set is printed, old sets become illegal) so I guess it's not too weird.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

jnfs2014

I played Pokemon for a little while....but the TCG got retarded due to insane HP amounts for later cards. (Turtwig has as much HP as a gen 1 Kadabra).

I also played Yugioh for awhile. My Exodia deck was pretty undefeatable, as well as my Jinzo/Summoned Skull deck.

I got Digimon cards once (lol) and tried to learn the TCG, but then I said "screw that!" and basically just RP'ed with my cards....which I now do for all of my cards basically. :P

And I also have a poopton of basketball and football cards, mostly from the '90s, which means that I have bought a grand total of less than twenty cards in the past five years.