News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Has HG/SS lived up to your expectations?

Started by えっちーせんぱい, March 17, 2010, 02:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

Quite a Lot
Yes
Meh
No
Not at all

えっちーせんぱい

For me? Quite a bit. They didn't really intercourse  with the storyline at all, all it seems to be is really just an enhanced remake, emphasis on enhanced~

I don't feel like ranting right now, but yeah, anyone else?

Zero

I'm enjoying myself like I did in the old days, which is what they were going for. Nothing wrong with that.

SkyMyl

Feels much better than Diamond, while still feeling just like the originals.

Well I actually didn't remember a lot of the stuff that was in G/S so it's been a lot of fun so far and I have no complaints about it.
...̅̅̅

Lotos

My only complaints are with My Pokémon Ranch not working and the lack of being able to move multiple Pokémon like in the previous games.  Did FR/LG have that ability?  I don't remember, but if they did, there's a problem.  (be right back, making a thread on this)

The game did live up to my expectations.  Great graphics, only the four generation 4 Pokémon that level up with moves added to the Johto Dex (would have been nicer without them; just the original 251, but then again thankfully they didn't add more like Magnezone, Wynautt, Bonsly, Mime Jr, etc.), as I thought they were going to add more like how they added a few generation two Pokémon in FR/LG.

DededeCloneChris

It did live to my expectations. 17 hours of gameplay and I'm still liking everything so far. I like the extra features likes the Pokeathlon and your partner following you everywhere.

Macawmoses

Absolutely. They modernized arguably the best of the series - taking the best from DPPt, and slapping it on. Then, they added in features like crazy - hell, the fact they actually did Pokewalker impresses the hell out of me.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: King Richard on March 20, 2010, 12:37:46 PM
They modernized it - taking the best from DPPt, and slapping it on.
Pretty much sums it up - As a remake, what did they change that was worse? So It really depends on your expectations. Considering these were remakes and you couldn't really expect much out of those anyways, and on top of that, remakes are for a newer generation to enjoy, I'd say they look like they did an at least decent job myself.

...Damn having to wait. Damn this board. ;-;
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

ThePowerOfOne

I think so, I still like the original more, but this game is great.

The only thing I don't really like is the Pokedex. I've really only used it once or twice, but it just seems overly complicated to me.

Silverhawk79

Absolutely. I barely remember Crystal (wasn't it like Gold/Silver?), but I like it. Now, if only catching the 3 Legendary dogs wasn't still a pain in the ass...

Lotos

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on March 21, 2010, 09:42:16 PM
Now, if only catching the 3 Legendary dogs wasn't still a pain in the ass...

[spoiler]
It should be just a little bit less of a pain.

Suicune is caught just like in Crystal I believe (you don't need to chase it down, I think you fight it in Bell(?) Tower, and it shows where the other two dogs are on the Pokégear map.
[/spoiler]

Suzune

It definitely lived up to my expectations. Legionaries were great ( Dogs were easy for me) and getting all 16 badges was pretty fun.