News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

I still don't want one after just getting a DSi last year.
YEAH

Silverhawk79

I'll likely get it when it comes out. My DS is beat to poop.
...But it still works. =3

Lotos

Quote from: King Richard on January 06, 2010, 05:07:45 PM
Don't diss the blocky graphics. If the DS hadn't been around, pixel games would be long since dead - and there would be the end of an era. I want to see those types of games stick around. The DS promoted their development (see: Castlevania).

I love the block graphics.  I think the Pokémon 2.5D or whatever field graphics are even a little too much.

Quote from: Nayrman on March 15, 2010, 07:50:04 PM
4. Less gimmicky control please. Either make it like a lot of the zelda games (somewhat) where the stylus only serves the basic functions that normal buttons can. None of the scribble nonsense. Luckily they've been very good about this in the later couple years on the DS.
This.  They should do it with some games, but for others it's unnecessary.  Touch controls in Super Mario 64 DS, for example.  I know they were optional, but I think they could have made the controls at least a little bit better.  Starfy, for example, if I'm recalling correctly, did not have a lot of touch controls in the main game.  It played fine the way it was made.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on March 15, 2010, 07:50:04 PM
3. Joystick please. Or better yet, two, fps's on the go!
What the hell is it with you and joysticks on portables, Nayr?

Magnum

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 16, 2010, 09:20:43 AM
HA, did you try playing Call of Duty on the DS? SO BAD!!!!!!!1!!111!!!!!!
Though, I just don't think shooters should be on the go. I think they should make games that are super fun (example: Half-Minute Hero) not something you can beat in 10 minutes. I just don't think shooters have a place, neither to joysticks.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Because joysticks leave more potential. A DS remake of any gamecube game would be better with analog controls for starters. The PSP analog stick works quite nicely asides from the fact you probably have to buy a intercourse ing thumpad to truly enjoy it unless you like it as is. i need one ;-;

Through other suggestions are far more important.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nayrman

3D + D-pad equals a lot of poor control and pain for your thumb.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on March 16, 2010, 12:17:01 PM
3D + D-pad equals a lot of poor control and pain for your thumb.
Oh, please, as if D-pads are that dangerous. Joysticks are more dangerous.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 16, 2010, 02:20:15 PM
Someone's never played Crash Bandicoot or any of the original PS1 games on the first controller it came with (finger gets a blister just from thinking about it)

BOREDFOREVER

I dunno.  I still use the DS fat.  I just don't do too much with handhelds, I don't always have a game I'm playing on them like I do on the main consoles.  So I tend to get a little less excited or interested in new handheld releases.  As for duel analogs, I would love my PSP like a child if it had duel analogs.  I thought, and hoped, they would do so on the Go to make a lot of first and third person games infinitely more playable.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 16, 2010, 02:20:15 PM
Wrist straps coming in at your service. ; )

But I think the concern is "If they're done right" which I've pointed out in my post it's very well possible to do right with one. Two couldn't be that hard now, could it? Hell even one and some new other controller updates would be a godsend.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Lotos on March 16, 2010, 09:19:02 AM
I love the block graphics.  I think the Pokémon 2.5D or whatever field graphics are even a little too much.
Do you know how many people would have complained if they kept it strictly 2D on the DS? Its fine the way it is (but I'm more for a 3D Adventure like Colo/XD).

Cornwad

Nayrman

Saw that on Kotaku.

Just reading the phrase "3D Effects" already means they've lost one customer. I hate 3D with a passion, and it'll work even worse on a small screen you're supposed to carry around. Seriously Nintendo, why?

DededeCloneChris

Sweet. 3D effects. I'll see how they pull this out when it comes out. :)