News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official NSFCD TCG /Hiatus/

Started by Dog Food, September 12, 2009, 09:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

The Official NSFCD TCG
The time has come for you to embark on an adventure; a perilous journey filled with twists and turns.
Believe in the cards, believe in yourself, good luck.

The History of the TCG
It started back on NSider, created and headed by a young entrepreneur named THEBIRD16. He has given me permission to recreate the TCG for you all now. And so, a new chapter of the TCG begins, with new followers and some old faces... And so, it begins.

How to Join
If you wish to join this TCG, you must PM me. This is important, otherwise I may miss your post asking to join. Once you've PM'd me, you will receive a PM back with your Starter Deck. A Starter Deck consists of five character cards, three item cards, and one fusion card. You can find your Player Stats in one of my edit posts.

Your Best Friend: The Cards
There are quite a few different types of cards you will be using during your stay. You may want to get familiar with them now, or things can get confusing later.

The Character Card- There are many, many character cards out there. Basically, they look like <picture goes here>. The stars indicate rarity, the attack number is how much damage one hit gives, and the defense number shows how much damage is needed to be dealt in order for the card to die.

The Item Card- There are many different types of item cards. They could be cards that deal some damage to an opponent, cards that raise one's defense or attack, or other special cards that take some clever planning to use. But basically, they look something like <Item card goes here>. Just follow the description of the card, and you'll know what it does. Some cards need extra explanation. You can check the bottom of this post for information on cards that you aren't completely sure about.

The Fusion Card- There are two types of fusion cards, the character and item fusion cards. The cards themselves explain what is needed to be done pretty well, but I'll reiterate it just in case. In order to create Goron Link, you need to have Link in play. You then need to give him the item 'Goron Mask'. After this, Link will only transform into Goron Link if you also have the Goron Link card to play. You must have all three cards in order for it to work, remember that.

In a battle, you will want to incorporate all three of these types of cards in order to bring your opponent down. Practice and find the best combo in order to win every battle!

How to Fight
Under Construction.

Types of Fights
You and your opponent can decide what the rules to your match will be before you fight. You can limit what cards used, you can make it a timed battle (who did more damage in a certain amount of time) or a kill-limit battle (you must kill a certain amount of your opponent's character cards to win). You can decide on what you want, and make your own type of fight. As long as both players agree on it, it's okay.

Default Battle: If nothing is specified, then a 3-Kill battle is the default.

Need Moar Cards
Well, that won't be a problem. If you need more cards, head on down to my shop in one of my posts below. You can buy a booster pack with coins (boosters are cheap and consist of 5 cards), or maybe even a whole deck, which is more expensive and carries around 10 cards. You can PM me if you want to buy something from my shop. Oh, but you need money in order to buy cards, now don't you? No fear, there are plenty of ways to earn money, as explained in a different section below.

Don't worry, you don't always have to deal with me and my ridiculously expensive shop. You can get cards other ways. You can strike up deals with other players, for starters. Perhaps they'll trade you the card you want for a card they want, or sell it to you slightly cheaper than I'm selling it for. You may either get rare cards in tournaments or from me if I find that you have been showing exemplary talent and skill. Just keep at it, and who knows what may happen?

Making a Living Playing Cards
There are many ways to make money (or coins) doing what you do. The biggest come in playing battles.

Betting- You can only bet double your opponent. You can bet fifty coins that you'll win, while your opponent might then max out and go for 100 on themselves. That brings the pot to 150 coins. Whoever wins gains the money in the pot, while the loser must except a blow to their wallet. In this case, the winner will get 150 coins, while the loser loses whatever they bet. You do not have to bet, so do it at your own risk.

There are also tournaments that give cash prizes. Look out for them, and remember, the more people to enter - the more they win! Tournaments will be explained more in detail when one comes up.

You can also get money from selling things to others. This was explained above, and all transactions must be worked on via PM's.

Notification: The Biggest Rule
The biggest rule with me is notification. You must notify me via PM whenever something happens, or it does not count. That is a little vague, so let me explain.

You won/lost a match - After a match, both parties must PM me with the details of the match (the pot, who won, who lost, etc). This way, I can update it in the Player Stats, as well as distribute coins.

You made a transaction - So, you're selling/giving away something? Fine. Both parties must notify me of this so I can update the Player Stats.

Anything like this, I must be notified. Otherwise, when something arises where you want to use that card/use that money to buy something, I won't allow it because it does not show that you have this money/card in the Player Stats. Notifying me is important, and will save trouble later. So, do it.

The Suggestion Box
Believe it or not, this is an ever-changing game. If you have card suggestions, think something is over-powered, or whatever else your imagination has in mind, PM me your ideas. I usually listen, unless I don't. You can also ask in this thread, or PM me, if you have questions, comments, or any concerns regarding this TCG.

Rules
Basically, everything is in the thread. So read this over if you want to know anything. But there are some things I need to reiterate here, so here it goes.

1. Only use cards that you own. That's final.
2. Notify me via PM whenever something happened so I can change it in the Player Stats.
3. PM me to join.
4. PM me about the shop if you've found something you'd like to buy.
5. Yes, there are staff positions. You can PM me about them, but I most likely won't be hiring unless you have a lot of experience or I really need some extra hands.
6. Read this entire thread, please.
7. This thread may be updated at any time without warning, so check for updates.

Card Descriptions
This section is for those cards that seem to leave us a little in the dark. I would update the card, but manually placing the words to the cards is annoying as hell, so I'd rather just explain them here. If you don't understand a card, and want it added to this section, please contact me about it.

The TCG is on hiatus.

Enjoy your break.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Dog Food

Under Construction.

Dog Food

Under Construction.

Dog Food

Under Construction.

Dog Food

There are currently no tournaments taking place. PM me if you would like to host a tournament.

Dog Food

*An extra edit, just in case*

jnfs2014

Magnum

Quote from: J on September 12, 2009, 12:43:44 PM
I WILL JOIN!
Hey J, when we get our cards, you up for a match? I'll bet 20 coins on it if you'll match me.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Okay, everything has been updated. If anyone wants to do a little practice battle with me (I have my own advantages for creating this game, but battling me has advantages whether you win or lose - I'm generous like that) they can.

So, anyone up for it?

Light

I'll play a practice battle against you, KJ.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

Oh good, I thought I was actually going to need to formally PM you for a minute there. And, being past creator of the TCG carries perks as well, you know :P.

I'd take you on, but I'm not using the right computer for it. This thing is friggin sloooooow. I will look forward to getting back into this, though.

Dog Food

Quote from: THEBIRD on September 12, 2009, 04:52:44 PM
Oh good, I thought I was actually going to need to formally PM you for a minute there. And, being past creator of the TCG carries perks as well, you know :P.

I'd take you on, but I'm not using the right computer for it. This thing is friggin sloooooow. I will look forward to getting back into this, though.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just don't want to lose.

Quote from: Big Brother on September 12, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
I'll play a practice battle against you, KJ.
Alright, we can stick with the 3 Kill Battle. I'll start.

Your move.

JrDude

Hmm... any chance of new cards appearing? (Ever I mean, doesn't have to be now or soon or whatever)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Light

Yeah... my deck sucks and I'm screwed. Also Resetti is broken; 9 Defense points AND 2 HP? That takes a total of 18 attack to kill with someone who has 9 Attack... D:

Anyway I play

Attack with Link and Yoshi. 14-18=4, so you have 4 Defense and 1 Star left... right?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Dog Food

Quote from: Big Brother on September 12, 2009, 04:59:59 PM
Yeah... my deck sucks and I'm screwed. Also Resetti is broken; 9 Defense points AND 2 HP? That takes a total of 18 attack to kill with someone who has 9 Attack... D:

Anyway I play

Attack with Link and Yoshi. 14-18=4, so you have 4 Defense and 1 Star left... right?
Correct. Resetti may be hard to kill, but his attack isn't that great, so I figured that balanced everything out. We'll see after testing him out.

I'll play and with both him and Resetti, kill Yoshi.

Me: 1
You: 0