News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

"Idol" Outcome

Started by ThePowerOfOne, May 21, 2009, 05:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowerOfOne

I haven't seen a thread yet, so what do you think of the "American Idol" outcome?

If you didn't know, Kris Allen won last night, which I think is total bullpoop. He sucks, Adam Lambert is waaaaay better. Have you heard Kris hit the high notes? Blah... Not to mention his stage presence, not all that great, looks to me like he always avoids the audiance.

So post what you think about the winner/who should have won, or whatever.

Level_9_Chao

I don't understand how you can bring in Kiss for your performance and still not lose; it seemed that Lambert was way, way ahead in predictions (heck, even in the newspaper it said so).

Weird upset, but they both get record deals anyway, right?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

ThePowerOfOne

I don't know if Lambert has one now, but he's an awesome and original performer. No doubt he will have one soon.

GreatGonzales106

Kris is so mediocre. I wasn't counting him out this week though because it's not really about the talent by the end, but Adam no doubt deserved to win.

But really, I wanted Danny to win and Kris should have come in no better than fourth.

Fish

I was very surprised. I almost think people didn't voted because they assumed Adam would win.
I think they are both very good artists. Kris is very,very good even though everyone seems to hate on him. I'd honestly rather listen to him rather than Adam. I don't think he's always as original as Adam, but he has proven he can be. That performance of Heartless was really good.
Adam got old really fast. High note after high note. I think he is very good, but I think he got cocky. Adam is more original and can twist a song and make it really his own song though.  ^_^
Either way they'll both become richer than me.  D=

Macawmoses

I don't watch Idol at all, but I heard Danny and really enjoyed his performances a couple of times I dropped by. I recall both he and Kris did Renegade...and that was embarrassing that he lost to Kris.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Macbeth on May 21, 2009, 09:01:50 PM
I don't watch Idol at all, but I heard Danny and really enjoyed his performances a couple of times I dropped by. I recall both he and Kris did Renegade...and that was embarrassing that he lost to Kris.
Exactly.

Although it wasn't really Kris' style of music, still overall Danny was much better than Kris.

Macawmoses

Style or not, part of that was to find a median. The fact he let Danny pick a song that showed off his talents more was a mistake that should have cost him.

ThePowerOfOne

I think Danny and Allison Iraheta were way better than Kris. I was supprised when Kris got picked over Allison, then I knew the show was rigged or something when Danny lost to Kris.

HTA!

I didn't watch much, but when Danny did Dream On I wanted him to die in a burning pit of fire. Maybe a ring of fire.

Don't like either artists, good luck to them though.

Magnum

I haven't cared since the first season but it's still funny to watch the first few episodes and the last few.
Yeah Kris was O.K. but everyone else in the Final Four deserved it better than he did. Adam was good at hitting notes, Alison had a Great voice, and Danny was just someone who you liked when he sang.
Kris was good still just went flat on certain notes. Being able to play the Piano, guitar, ect... was very nice add in though.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Java

I'm actually content with Kris winning.
I think Kris Allen needed American Idol, much more than Adam Lambert did.

Kris Allen was always a favorite of mine. From the moment of his first song in the semifinal round, I knew he had potential. He grew into an artist as the show progressed, turning up original performances, such as Heartless, and pleasant ones, like Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone.

Adam Lambert was actually my favorite contestant, but I think that Adam Lambert lost at the perfect time. Since, he's not obligated to be attached to American Idol, he doesn't have to sing "No Boundaries" anymore and he doesn't have to sign with their record label if he doesn't want to. He's free to do what he chooses.

I have hated Danny Gokey throughout the whole competition and don't know how anyone possibly could. Just listen to "Dream On", he's a mediocre Karaoke singer at best.

Allison Iraheta was a close second favorite of mine. I thought she was extremely talented and extremely underrated overshadowed by the boys. I'm surprised that she even made it so far, considering that the girls almost always vote for the boys.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Java on May 31, 2009, 08:22:37 AM
I have hated Danny Gokey throughout the whole competition and don't know how anyone possibly could. Just listen to "Dream On", he's a mediocre Karaoke singer at best.
That was Danny's only bad song choice. "You Are So Beautiful" was frickin' amazing.

Java

Quote from: GreatGonzales106 on May 31, 2009, 11:45:05 AM
That was Danny's only bad song choice. "You Are So Beautiful" was frickin' amazing.
I remember him performing some pretty awful versions of "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "Get Ready" as well.

But hey, whatever, we'll just agree to disagree.

Doodle

I expected Adam to win, and he is the better singer.
But meh, the losers usually end up doing better, anyway.
YEAH