News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

My thoughts about Half Life 2 ep. 3

Started by Omega12, July 18, 2008, 09:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega12

Well, I have become a big Half Life nut recently, and I have been watching videos about Half Life on Youtube. These videos are really pissing me off, most of them are about "ZOMG LEAKED HL3 VIDEO!?!?!!!?!?!?!oneoenoenoeneoneoenoen!!?!!?!". Now first off the titles get me mad off, because in the video and description they put "Game play footage of Half Life 2 Episode 3. WHY NOT PUT "HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3" IN THE TITLE!?! YOUTUBE DOESN'T CHARGE BY THE LETTER!!! Now there are some videos and info out there that give some true facts about HL3, Like "Valve has said that first HL2E3 will come out and then in a few years HL3 will come out", I am not talking about those videos.
Well a few, very few, of the videos I have see on youtube have given some good facts. Apurature Science will play a part in HL2E3. But, then I see more videos, usually called "ZOMFG PORTAL GUN IN TEH 1337 HALF LIFE 3!!!!!" (again, not HL3 >_<). So now let us get to the point of my topic, MY thoughts on what HL2E3's story line will be like.

Half Life 2 Episode 3 will take place possible in or around one of the Apurature Science research facilitys. Now perhaps it will take after the events of Portal, but I personally believe that it takes place before Portal (I think Chell looks a bit like Alex, are they related? Glados hints that Chell is the daughter of someone who did something special "You subject (I forget), must be the daughter of (forget)" Could this person be Alex? Gordon? I don't know). Personally I think that HL2E3 MAY give hints of the creation on Glados, and the role of the G-man.

Now onto the Portal gun issue. I personally don't think that the Portal gun will make an appearance in HL2E3. Why do I think this? Well lets think now, HL2 has had, up until now, lethal weapons (Excluding hacks letting you use the Portal gun), so why would Valve change this and give you a device that, 1. already has its own game, and 2. couldn't really be used in Half Life.

Anyway these are some of my thoughts, comment if you wish.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Genki

Well they basically confirmed by the end of ep2 that the third episode will at least partially take place aboard the aperture science ship that disappeared and the game seemed to strongly suggest that the accident was caused by portal tech. Therefore, there portal gun may show up, at least momentarily. And I don't agree that it wouldn't fit in the HL games. I played through a mod of half life where you could use the portal gun in HL2 single player and it was really awesome. The only problem was that the enemy AI did not quite know how to respond to them. But think about how awesome some of the physics based puzzles were with the grav gun, now think how much more awesome they were with the portal gun. Now think of being able to use both to solve ridiculously amazing physics puzzles! zomg!

Also, there shouldn't be any balancing issues because I'm guessing that the part of the game that will feature the portal gun will be on the aperture science ship. Therefore, the devs could place portal and non-portal walls wherever they want because it would fit in with the environment.

I think your ideas on Chell being a daughter of Gordon and/or Alyx are pretty interesting. In my opinion though, I think Chell will meet them in ep.3. I see Glados line of "Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe Black Mesa... That was a joke. Haha, " while sarcastic, is Valve's way of foreshadowing this. Although you still can't count out the possibility of some kind of relationship between the 3.

We Are All One
8th Circuit

Omega12

Well I still say that Chell has some sort of Blood connection to Alyx at least, I mean compare Skin Color, Appearance, and The Peg Leg that Eli has (Still something, though small).

However that Line is interesting =/ I doubt the 2 characters would cross paths though, I mean Portal seems to take place sometime in the future, after the Events of Half life, The world at the end of the game does look more peaceful than City 17, and we know City 17 was a walk int he park compared to the rest of the world.

If the portal gun does make an appearance it would most likely be during the LAST level, kind of like the Grav gun did.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Genki

mm... I agree that there may be some kind of blood connection. Seems like to good an opportunity to waste. I never noticed the similarity between the peg leg and Chell's shoe things. Nice dude!Also, I think it's important to remember that the forested areas in Ep2 were pretty peaceful too. Nice little villages and such. I'm sure there are areas unscathed by the war.

We Are All One
8th Circuit

Geoff

Quote from: Omega12 on July 30, 2008, 06:20:26 PM
Well I still say that Chell has some sort of Blood connection to Alyx at least, I mean compare Skin Color, Appearance, and The Peg Leg that Eli has (Still something, though small).

However that Line is interesting =/ I doubt the 2 characters would cross paths though, I mean Portal seems to take place sometime in the future, after the Events of Half life, The world at the end of the game does look more peaceful than City 17, and we know City 17 was a walk int he park compared to the rest of the world.

If the portal gun does make an appearance it would most likely be during the LAST level, kind of like the Grav gun did.

I am confused about your theory.  Aperture and Black Mesa were competitors, before the resonance cascade took place. 

Also, how does prosthetic legs connect family lines?

Eli = Black dude

Chell looks kind of asian :3

Omega12

Geoff

Quote from: Omega12 on August 27, 2008, 03:49:28 PM
Black Asian, light skined
I don't understand.

Also, the chances that they are related are so far out there.