News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Battle Tower Team Help

Started by WiinolikePS3, May 29, 2008, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiinolikePS3

Before I go to Palmer Round 2, I wanna be sure I can win, and, I want to know if I can make it to 100 battles.

Metagross- Muscle Band
EVs- 252 Atk 126 Spd 126 HP
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

Basically, a standard physical sweeper. It has a little over 200 atk, so it beats most pokes in one hit. I've been told elsewhere that I should use a Choice Band, but I don't like the idea of being limited to one attack, unless I give them a free hit, which is VERY BAD in the Tower.

Starmie- Focus Sash
EVs- 252 Sp. Atk 252 Spd

-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Psychic
-Recover (Remove it?)

It was meant to be a Special Sweeper, but then I realized that it got OHKO'd by many hits. Luckily, it can 2HKO almost anything, and coupled with its amazing speed of 196, (can outrun nearly anything in the Tower) I generally get 3 hits in- 1 hit to weaken, 1 hit to KO, then 1 hit to weaken the next poke. Maybe this would be a better lead than Meta? Also, since I normally get OHKO'd by moves anyways, should I change Recover, and to what?

Dusknoir- Leftovers
EVs- 252 Atk 126 Def 126 Sp Def

-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Brick Break

This is normally the last wall of defense, and boy, it's strong. First, depending on whether I'm fighting a physical or special poke, I'll use Will-O-Wisp to halve damage, a huge help. Halved Damage + Low total HP + Already amazing Def + Leftovers = In the end, hardly any damage, if any, done per hit. This bad boy can normally last 5+ turns, and is really helpful.

Anything I need to change? Better pokes? Better movesets? I'm really open to any help, I just want to get to battle #100.