News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

WAAAAAAAluigi...

Started by JrDude, February 27, 2011, 06:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

(Title reference to Mario Super Sluggers)
Γ
Waluigi. Many know him as the pointless filler character. It is often debated whether he should get his own game or not, or be included in a Wario game or something like that. There are also other debates on whether he is Wario's Brother or not.
Well, I decided to shed some info on Waluigi and throw out some of my opinions. Some info gotten from the Mario Wiki.

Waluigi has always been one of my favorite characters in the Mario sports/party games. Though rarely my all-time favorite character of the game, always been my favorite human character.

I've always thought of Waluigi's name to be "Just add Wario's 'Wa' in front of Luigi and there's his rival!" But I was proven wrong by random reading.
Quote from: Super Mario WikiIn Japanese, the "r" and "l" make the same sound, so Luigi can be pronounced in Japanese as "Ruiji", and Waluigi can be pronounced as as "Waruiji". "Waruiji" is a portmanteau of "warui", the Japanese word for "bad" or "evil", and "Ruiji", making his name literally evil Luigi.
The upside down L thingy is also the symbol for "Gamma."

Waluigi is probably not Wario's brother. There is evidence that suggest and reject both ideas, but neither is confirmed. In a game where teams are created (I think it was a Mario Party, but I don't remember which), when you put Wario and Waluigi on the same team, the team name was "The Wicked Bros." With that said, I want everyone  to stop calling them the "Wario Bros." (Though I know for a fact that people will forever be ignorant of this and continue to do it, and some who are not ignorant of it will also do it for unknown reasons).

On the topic of his own game. Hell. No. Be in any game other than sport/party games? Also no.
Why? Well he's a filler character for one.
Second, him not having his own game makes him great. If they gave him his own game, every game after that would ruin some of the awesomeness that is Waluigi. If he ever appeared in a game outside of sports/party, the people making up his specials would FOREVER try to reference the game he was in. If he was a mechanic in the background of a game, the next sports game would have him use a wrench as his special move, then the next, then the next!
With Waluigi just being a filler and not actually tied to anything, the people making the game can do whatever the intercourse  they want with the guy. Why can Waluigi swim in the air? Because he's Waluigi. Why can Waluigi create a tornado? Because he's Waluigi. Why can Waluigi make vines behind him? Because he's Waluigi. Why does he use a whip? Because he's Waluigi. Why does Waluigi get Dr. Octopus arm attachments? BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING WALUIGI.
I over-did that a bit, but yeah. Waluigi isn't tied to anything, so anything that comes to the mind of an employee, if they can't find anyone to give the ability to where it makes sense but want it in the game, they can put it on Waluigi because Waluigi doesn't have to make sense.
Give him a game and you will forever see it and less originality. Don't believe me? Look at Luigi. He's not bad but he will forever carry his Polturgust, which is fine because he isn't Waluigi.

I think there used to be more for me to say, but I don't remember. I don't know why I'm making a topic at 5 in the morning, but yeah.

Anyway, what do you think of Waluigi? Do you think he should appear in his own game/a non-sports/party game?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

All I know is: Waluigi is my favorite BITF character.

Silverhawk79

Wario is perfect in his own games, because, well, he's lovable and such. Waluigi is just obnoxious, but that makes him great.

Doodle

[spoiler]Waluigi will forever be stuck with the life of a spin-off character./spoiler]
YEAH