News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Who has completed their Pokedex?

Started by DededeCloneChris, March 03, 2011, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

I'm just about to obtain all entries in my Diamond Version. But I wondered if anybody else completed their Gen IV, III, II, or I dex before. This is actually the first time I ever reached this far. How about you?

Note: Japanese Gen V doesn't count, sorry.

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 03, 2011, 05:35:37 PM
I'm just about to obtain all entries in my Diamond Version. But I wondered if anybody else completed their Gen IV, III, II, or I dex before. This is actually the first time I ever reached this far. How about you?

I'm at 492 in Diamond. Only thing missing is Slowbro, only because I haven't gotten around to trading one over from SoulSilver. I'm counting that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Never mind. I FINALLY filled it. Got thanked by Game Freak, my pseudo-rival lab assistant, and Oak.

Custom

wat why not

also no, I dislike a good 3/4 of the pokemon after gen 2, so completing the pokedex doesn't really interest me
i completed it in Red on my GBC though.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

bluaki

I hardly remember, but I'm fairly sure I completed my Gen 1 dex.
I'm sure I completed the entire Gen 3 dex. I had all 383 available Pokemon, in order, in the Pokemon Box storage. Was missing Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys.
I also...
Why? And this is specifically targeted at me D:
I filled it all legitimately... almost. I had to cheat to obtain additional evolutionary stones (transferred them to/from a flash card save file).

I don't think there's much reason to it, but it's only the odd-numbered generations I've completed the Pokedex for.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on March 03, 2011, 06:44:52 PM
I hardly remember, but I'm fairly sure I completed my Gen 1 dex.
I'm sure I completed the entire Gen 3 dex. I had all 383 available Pokemon, in order, in the Pokemon Box storage. Was missing Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys.
I also...Why? And this is specifically targeted at me D:
I filled it all legitimately... almost. I had to cheat to obtain additional evolutionary stones (transferred them to/from a flash card save file).

I don't think there's much reason to it, but it's only the odd-numbered generations I've completed the Pokedex for.
Because G/S were a ninny to transfer some pokemon from R/B/Y to? As far an Gan IV, can't see why. The GTS was the reason I was able to complete it. Version exclusives and such.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 06:49:23 PM
Because G/S were a ninny to transfer some pokemon from R/B/Y to? As far an Gan IV, can't see why. The GTS was the reason I was able to complete it. Version exclusives and such.
I never had a guide for G/S and many Pokemon are ridiculously rare in the wild and you'd never find it accidentally. I think I remember Yanma and Snubbull being two of them.
In Diamond, I never felt particularly motivated and continuing to catch even all the Sinnoh Pokemon seemed like a drag. It largely involved hunting for items, obtaining tons of swarm-only Pokemon, slowly transferring exclusives from third gen. GTS never gave me a remotely reasonable deal on the Pearl-exclusives (the Glameow you gave me is the first one I've ever had). It's a bizarre and terrible idea to make a game where you can't natively catch nearly half of the new Pokemon introduced without transferring Pokemon from older games. Though Platinum improved these, it was sorta too late for me to feel like doing much more.

Near the end of fourth gen, I tried making some progress. And then I transferred most of that over to Black and finished it there.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on March 03, 2011, 07:02:10 PM
I never had a guide for G/S and many Pokemon are ridiculously rare in the wild and you'd never find it accidentally. I think I remember Yanma and Snubbull being two of them.
In Diamond, I never felt particularly motivated and continuing to catch even all the Sinnoh Pokemon seemed like a drag. It largely involved hunting for items, obtaining tons of swarm-only Pokemon, slowly transferring exclusives from third gen. GTS never gave me a remotely reasonable deal on the Pearl-exclusives (the Glameow you gave me is the first one I've ever had). It's a bizarre and terrible idea to make a game where you can't natively catch nearly half of the new Pokemon introduced without transferring Pokemon from older games. Though Platinum improved these, it was sorta too late for me to feel like doing much more.

Near the end of fourth gen, I tried making some progress. And then I transferred most of that over to Black and finished it there.
I don't remember ever catching a Yanma on Gold, actually. Snubbull was one of those 1%-in-one-or-two-routes things. And it wasn't even a great pokemon, sadly enough.

Hah, I just checked. Route north of Goldenrod, 1% chance of finding Yanma. Well okay then. I never really used that grass, because the National Park was right there, and you needed Cut to get past the grass anyway without going through the Park anyway. Yeah, I never would have found one. :/
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Filling the Dex by default I've done, but catching the pokemon intentionally just to have their data added in I've never done.
You receive nothing out of it, so I view it as a waste of an effort.

If I unlocked something or got an achievement from it, then maybe I'd attempt it.
But overall that it's not worth the time imo.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 03, 2011, 07:17:53 PM
Filling the Dex by default I've done, but catching the pokemon intentionally just to have their data added in I've never done.
You receive nothing out of it, so I view it as a waste if an effort.

If I unlocked something or got an achievement from it, then maybe i'd attempt it.
But overall that it's not worth the time imo.
DON'T YOU REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD MISSION?

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 03, 2011, 07:23:51 PM
DON'T YOU REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD MISSION?

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
My childhood mission was to catch and raise the awesome ones.  8)

GOTTA CATCH THE COOL!

POKEMON!
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Custom

bluaki is more legit than all of you
|:

ilublu
you're the real pokemon master

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I do plan on filling it on Black though.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Well, there's a bigger reason to catch everyone in Gen V. I want to have over SIX-HUNDRED animated sprites, please. 8)

FruitFlow