News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Tolerance and Racism.

Started by Allegretto, June 12, 2010, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

Eh, it's not nearly as good as most Western European countries or Japan and Korea, but it is a definite step up from China. And if America elected a communist president, the Earth would act like the house in Poltergeist and collapse on itself.

Red

Quote from: Cornwad on June 17, 2010, 09:32:21 AM
Eh, it's not nearly as good as most Western European countries or Japan and Korea, but it is a definite step up from China. And if America elected a communist president, the Earth would act like the house in Poltergeist and collapse on itself.
My point exactly. I wouldn't put in on par with England or France, but it's definitely not as bad as some other countries. (China, North Korea, etc.)

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 16, 2010, 10:18:28 PM
Oh, also, a racist confession, for some reason, I wouldn't ever date a black girl. Why? I don't know to be honest, I find many cute and attractive, but for some reason I've never felt like "oh I'd tap that" or something (you know the guy mind [oh look, sexist]) towards a black girl, most other races, if not all, I've thought that way towards one (maybe not exactly "I'd tap that," but you know what I mean), but never a black one, I'm racist against my will. Many other guys I know have told me this before I even told them, so I know it's not very uncommon.
Again, it's not racism, it's just a personal preference. The same goes for obese people. I don't know about you, but I would rather not date one of them, much less "tap" one. You feel the same way about black girls; you'd just rather not date one.

If you answer this question, it'll definitely determine whether you are racist or not in the case of Africans in general (including African Americans). It's a simple one, but it'll easily reveal a lot--especially if you explain yourself: Do you believe that the African race is in any way inferior to any other race (not limited your own)?

I quote you a lot, don't I?

Quote from: Red on June 17, 2010, 07:35:41 AM
I do want to say I agree with TF.
Why thank you, good sir.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 17, 2010, 02:08:25 PM
Again, it's not racism, it's just a personal preference. The same goes for obese people. I don't know about you, but I would rather not date one of them, much less "tap" one. You feel the same way about black girls; you'd just rather not date one.

If you answer this question, it'll definitely determine whether you are racist or not in the case of Africans in general (including African Americans). It's a simple one, but it'll easily reveal a lot--especially if you explain yourself: Do you believe that the African race is in any way inferior to any other race (not limited your own)?

I quote you a lot, don't I?
So, for dating, I prefer every race over the black race? That sounds racist to me...
Oh, and I'd date a black chick several hundred times before I dated a fat chick.

And to that question you asked, no I do not.

And to your small letters, you actually don't, you just have a lot lately.
[move][/move]
Dude .

tibar21

how would you know if russia was a poopty place? have you ever been there yourself?
i hate it when american nationalists go around acting as if america is the only place on earth that doesn't suck. yeah, the Russian people are oppressed, but there are Americans that are too.

To me, racism is viewing another race as inferior, which i don't do at all. Stereotyping is wrong but its not necessarily racist to stereotype.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Jayat

Quote from: Nik on June 18, 2010, 07:15:54 PM
how would you know if Russia was a poopty place? have you ever been there yourself?
i hate it when American nationalists go around acting as if America is the only place on earth that doesn't suck. yeah, the Russian people are oppressed, but there are Americans that are too.

To me, racism is viewing another race as inferior, which i don't do at all. Stereotyping is wrong but its not necessarily racist to stereotype.
I couldn't have said it better my self

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Cornwad

Nik, once again you prove that you have no idea what you're talking about. I think we've made it clear here that America isn't the only place that's good. If you were to compare countries to Smash Bros, America would be Meta Knight. There are still other countries that are good, just no where near as good. Places like Germany, Canada, and the UK would be like Diddy Kong, Marth, and Falco. Russia would be someone really bad like Samus, but not quite as bad as China, North Korea, or some of them African countries which would be Ganondorf.

Jayat

Quote from: Cornwad on June 18, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
Nik, once again you prove that you have no idea what you're talking about. I think we've made it clear here that America isn't the only place that's good. If you were to compare countries to Smash Bros, America would be Meta Knight. There are still other countries that are good, just no where near as good. Places like Germany, Canada, and the UK would be like Diddy Kong, Marth, and Falco. Russia would be someone really bad like Samus, but not quite as bad as China, North Korea, or some of them African countries which would be Ganondorf.
Wrong,Wrong,Wrong every thing you said is wrong the words you said can really heart someones pride and I don't like having my pride be challenged. America  is in a intercourse ing recession how in the hell is the richest countries in the world the poorest. It's no better then any other countries

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Chrona

Quote from: Cornwad on June 18, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
...I think it's all opinionated...and you shouldn't argue with someone's opinion...it's a waste of time...I think..

Cornwad

Quote from: Jayat on June 18, 2010, 09:14:05 PM
Wrong,Wrong,Wrong every thing you said is wrong the words you said can really heart someones pride and I don't like having my pride be challenged. America  is in a intercourse ing recession how in the hell is the richest countries in the world the poorest. It's no better then any other countries
Except you're wrong thar. We're barely even in a recession anymore, and even in one we still remain the most influential country in the world. As Americans we also have the best rights and the most freedoms the world can offer. There's a reason so many people immigrate to America, because they want to get in on the awesome. America isn't perfect of course, but it's the closest you can get.

JrDude

When it comes to better and worse, it all depends on what you're running from or looking for.
I felt like USA was a poopty place to live for like 5 minutes after watching a movie thingamabob, because everything for health was cheap or free in the other places. It seemed everyone in the video had the same opinions as my temporary opinion, but that's 'cause they were focusing on that subject, Health Care, if they payed attention to other things it would likely change their mind, but they weren't.
[move][/move]
Dude .

tibar21

nice smash bros analogy but i think russia would be somewhere in the D or E tier like Wolf. the middle eastern countries and anarchic African countries would take the F and the Zelda tiers.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Rius

Quote from: Cornwad on June 18, 2010, 09:20:13 PM
Except you're wrong thar. We're barely even in a recession anymore, and even in one we still remain the most influential country in the world. As Americans we also have the best rights and the most freedoms the world can offer. There's a reason so many people immigrate to America, because they want to get in on the awesome. America isn't perfect of course, but it's the closest you can get.
We're still in quite a recession, though we're better off than we were a year ago. Anyway, our "best rights and most freedoms" is highly subjective to one's own opinions and what rights you're talking about. Yeah, America is pretty top notch when it comes to political and economic rights and freedoms, but it's behind other Western nations in social rights and freedoms (and I have no reservations in blaming social conservatives and fundamentalists for this). Since social freedom is a greater priority to me than say economic freedom, I'm more likely to consider the UK the better country than the US.

Regardless, America is still the foyer land of economic opportunity, which is commonly associated with happiness, thus its popularity with immigrants. We are far from perfect, especially since a Utopian society would be more akin to traditional communism, but if you're well-to-do, this is one of the better countries to live in. As for best country in to live in, based on the HDI and happiness, I would surmise... Canada. Wait, what the hell?

Jayat

Quote from: Cornwad on June 18, 2010, 09:20:13 PM
Wrong again Japan is in a better state then we are.Why? Because they are more economically involved and there still having sex.If japan didn't have so many people they would be the richest contry in the world and I checked Japanese stocks all the time

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Cornwad

Yeah, utopian societies suck. But hey, if communism and that kind of stuff is your kind of thing, maybe the UK or Japan would be better. And like Rius said the whole thing is very subjective. But when you throw personal opinion and bias out the window, America is pretty much the best in every sense of the word. We're the only superpower left after all, and we didn't need to destroy all sense of rights like the USSR to get there. The USA is pretty much a master of all trades. Also you've got to keep in mind that America is a huge country, the biggest population wise after China and India. You're going to have a lot of really poor people by default, and compared to India and China I'd say we're doing pretty darn well. Things that work for smaller countries like Canada don't work in a place as large as the US of A.