News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

:D

Started by GreatGonzales106, April 17, 2009, 07:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatGonzales106

Today, the cast list was put up for my school's student directed show, Honk! Jr. and I got the lead role of Ugly! (It's based on the story of The Ugly Duckling.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honk!

So, are any of you theater geeks like me? If so, what shows have you been in and who did you play?

metroidhunter777

I'm 1st trumpet in our pit orchestra for the school production of Peter Pan. What do I win? :p

Not a big theater fan, I prefer playing the music that they sing along to. I think I've seen Peter Pan performed... 5 times now?

Light

I'm an actor, yes. I've been in quite a few shows, particularly musicals...

The Music Man - Winthrop Paroo
Oliver! - Artful Dodger
Anything Goes - Steward/Ensemble

I've been in other shows, but I'm too lazy at the moment to list them all...

I'm also a theatergoer. I've seen a professional production of Bye Bye Birdie, Avenue Q and RENT on tour, and Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Zovistograt

I don't have time to join the theater troupe at our school, which is really hardcore and basically saps all your time if you choose to participate.  The productions are off-Broadway caliber though.

For acting, as much as it is, I am in my school's Forensic Speech Team and I am going to be competing in state finals on Friday and Saturday.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Light

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 19, 2009, 10:54:16 AM
For acting, as much as it is, I am in my school's Forensic Speech Team and I am going to be competing in state finals on Friday and Saturday.
What category do you perform in, again?

Nayrman

I've never actually been a part of any stage stuff outside the mandatory embarrassment machines in elementary school.
Personally I hate stage productions, I find them painfully boring and low quality (even when it's "technically" high quality for a stage performance).
Nothing on stage ever wows me and I grow bored really quickly.

Light

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; I've also seen the San Francisco production of Wicked. Twice.
Quote from: Nayrman on April 19, 2009, 12:38:12 PM
Personally I hate stage productions, I find them painfully boring and low quality (even when it's "technically" high quality for a stage performance).
You must have never seen a decent production, then. Go to Broadway and watch Avenue Q. Now.

Nayrman

Quote from: Light on April 19, 2009, 12:43:27 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot; I've also seen the San Francisco production of Wicked. Twice.
Quote from: Nayrman on April 19, 2009, 12:38:12 PM
You must have never seen a decent production, then. Go to Broadway and watch Avenue Q. Now.
Been to Broadway twice during school trips. and various other stage productions. Hated them all besides Blue Man Group (which really doesn't qualify as a "stage production")
All I can say is Mama Mia is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen performed live X_X;;

Tupin

Sweeney Todd and The Producers would like to speak with you, Nayrman.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Light

Quote from: Tupin on April 19, 2009, 12:53:21 PM
Sweeney Todd and The Producers would like to speak with you, Nayrman.
Sweeney Todd is great. The Producers? Eh, fine, I guess.

But seriously. Avenue Q is my second favorite musical of all time. Go and watch it.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Light on April 19, 2009, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on April 19, 2009, 10:54:16 AM
What category do you perform in, again?
OI

Prose: "What to Expect While Serving as a Juror" - John Hodgman
Poetry: "Cheesy Poetry" - Various Authors

Cheesy Poetry is made up of these 3 poems:
1. "Ode to the Mammoth Cheese Wheel Weighing Over 7,000 Pounds" - James McIntyre
2. "The Grilled Cheese Sandwich: An Elusive Essential to Social Success" - Christine Scanlon
3. "America: It's Gotta Be the Cheese" - Eitan Kadosh
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)