News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

=o... a question...

Started by HTA!, August 16, 2008, 08:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Is there any reason most people here don't really like Country Music  that much?
Not to sound too much like a hick, but a song came out recently that truthfully got me back into the genre...

And I'm not talking all the garbage female singers of recent years...
Well, the song that made me look into the genre again was...

In Color
slightly influenced by
Small Town Southern Man

Even I can take a break from Rock to enjoy these songs... maybe its a matter of taste though.
And really, if you haven't enjoyed a Rascal Flatts song some time in your life, you have a disability. D:

Java

I don't mind Country music.
As long as it sounds good to my ears, I like it.

I don't get why so many people here hate country.

There are a lot of great country artists, but there's also a lot of garbage ones, that give country a bad name, I guess.

For one: Taylor Swift. This girl is extremely overrated.
This song makes my ears bleed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6s5cxBN8mA

I do like Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood, as they can actually sing. >_>

Macawmoses

Country? Love it. Small Town Southern man is k, but a lot of country isn't as hickish as it sounds. Take 'Beer for my horses' which sounds bad, but brings a lot of points about law up. Country [especially legends like Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Brooks and Dunn, George Straight, and dare I say, Tim McGraw] are equal to other legends.

Edit: Flatts, Swift, and Underwood are all more pop than country, sadly. Border music can be good for a genre [Big and Rich helped country, amazingly] but it often hurts more so.

Java

Yeah... I guess, so.
They do have that country twang though.

I might look into the genre a bit more.

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on August 16, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
Country? Love it. Small Town Southern man is k, but a lot of country isn't as hickish as it sounds. Take 'Beer for my horses' which sounds bad, but brings a lot of points about law up. Country [especially legends like Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Brooks and Dunn, George Straight, and dare I say, Tim McGraw] are equal to other legends.

Edit: Flatts, Swift, and Underwood are all more pop than country, sadly. Border music can be good for a genre [Big and Rich helped country, amazingly] but it often hurts more so.
Obviously past songs would have been better examples, but these are the only two songs on the radio right now that I find even remotely enjoyable.  D:

Time to search through YouTube...

Lohn Jocke

I like anything upbeat.
Country is anything but.

Java

Quote from: Live2Die989 on August 17, 2008, 11:35:04 AM
I like anything upbeat.
Country is anything but.
There are upbeat country songs...

Zovistograt

I find country to be kind of annoying and representative of what I hate about America.  That and for some reason southern accents in singing irks me.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

thunderhero4

I dislike country because I hate life in the midwest...where all there is are fields and poop...

But alas, I do kind of enjoy 2 country singers (also 2 of the best): Rascal Flatts and George Strait

Java