News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

A Portfolio of The Baron

Started by The Baron, May 16, 2008, 08:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lippers

There wasn't a WHOLE ton of captain falcon art on dA. Wasn't too hard to click around a bit and find you.

Thank you, I'm definitely still an artist in training.

JrDude, he wasn't the only one to see your so called compliment hidden by the insult. I stand by the response I posted earlier to the way you posted in this thread.

JrDude

Quote from: Lippers on May 19, 2008, 08:27:26 PM
There wasn't a WHOLE ton of captain falcon art on dA. Wasn't too hard to click around a bit and find you.

Thank you, I'm definitely still an artist in training.

JrDude, he wasn't the only one to see your so called compliment hidden by the insult. I stand by the response I posted earlier to the way you posted in this thread.
Just so you know, I didn't see the hiddin compliment either 'till he pointed it out.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Wilhelmina Carmel

Oh, wow, love the art... It's wonderful... do you happen to have openCanvas? Mabye we could network sometime!

~Team Awesome~

The Baron

Quote from: Wilhelmina Carmel on May 24, 2008, 04:26:41 PM
Oh, wow, love the art... It's wonderful... do you happen to have openCanvas? Mabye we could network sometime!

Yes, I use OpenCanvas.  Since I'll have time to draw over the summer, networking seems fun!  I've done it once with another individual on another forum, and it was a very interesting experience.  Additionally, I also like to attend online PaintChats.  In fact, I have a few that I've made myself, if you're interested =P

The Baron

Quick sketch.
Read right-to-left.  I do everything backwards.

Nonsensical nonsense that truly makes no sense.  Half asleep when I did it, so I'm not sure I know what I drew either.  Something about Pikmin and cannibalism.

Qsmash

FruitFlow

Wow Baron. You did an extraordinary job on everything. Keep up the good work. :)
I really like that Katsura one you did.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Baron

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on May 30, 2008, 04:25:30 PM
Wow Baron. You did an extraordinary job on everything. Keep up the good work. :)
I really like that Katsura one you did.

Thanks.  I haven't been drawing at all lately, and that was the first drawing I've done in months lol.

Lippers

LOL.

Good job with the pikmin comic.

Wilhelmina Carmel

*waves hi to Hen* It's Sparklez. =P

Anyways, I love the comic, the style especially. You're really good at portraying facial expressions and feelings of characters. Ahaha, that cheeky pikmin at the end; priceless.

~Team Awesome~

The Baron

Firo Prochainezo from the anime series Baccano!

Experimenting with a program.  I haven't seen much Baccano! fan art, so I decided to make some.

Qsmash

Wow, you must've had some serious training skills to do that. Did you go to art school?

The Baron

Quote from: QSMASHBRO on June 13, 2008, 09:35:33 AM
Wow, you must've had some serious training skills to do that. Did you go to art school?

When I was much younger (probably 10 - 12), I was enrolled in a small art school for awhile.  I mainly worked on landscapes and animals though.  High school hours prevents me from enrolling in art school again though =(  Hopefully I'll have time in college to take some classes.

As for anime/manga artwork, I started drawing characters when I first started learning how to draw.  Of course, by learning, I mean failed attempts to draw Totoro and Pokemon.  If I recall correctly, I just taught myself the anime/manga styles.  You know, reading those "How to Draw Manga" books, copying panels and comics from manga artists, and spending time in the bookstore with neat art collection books, asking myself "How did this artist draw this?"

My friend introduced me to Photoshop two years ago, I think.  At first, I didn't even want to touch PS because it looked scary =(  Then, that's where those cool Deviantart tutorials came in handy.  Actually, I still don't use Photoshop that often =P  I took a Photoshop class too, but since it is "photo" shop, it was all about photo manipulation.  OHH  and I also took an "Exploring Art" class, but again, that involved things like painting flowers, carving out of soapstone, and crafting jewelry.  Soooo unrelated.

Oh, and I did the last picture on SAI.  I didn't even know it existed until I went to Artist's Alley at an anime convention and started asking all of the artists about the programs they used, haha.

Hooray for tl;dr response.  In short, yes an art school, but most of the stuff I'm posting is from self-taught stuff.  Although, I owe art school a lot because it taught me the basics of drawing.

Qsmash

Quote from: The Baron on June 13, 2008, 09:55:42 AM
Quote from: QSMASHBRO on June 13, 2008, 09:35:33 AM

When I was much younger (probably 10 - 12), I was enrolled in a small art school for awhile.  I mainly worked on landscapes and animals though.  High school hours prevents me from enrolling in art school again though =(  Hopefully I'll have time in college to take some classes.

As for anime/manga artwork, I started drawing characters when I first started learning how to draw.  Of course, by learning, I mean failed attempts to draw Totoro and Pokemon.  If I recall correctly, I just taught myself the anime/manga styles.  You know, reading those "How to Draw Manga" books, copying panels and comics from manga artists, and spending time in the bookstore with neat art collection books, asking myself "How did this artist draw this?"

My friend introduced me to Photoshop two years ago, I think.  At first, I didn't even want to touch PS because it looked scary =(  Then, that's where those cool Deviantart tutorials came in handy.  Actually, I still don't use Photoshop that often =P  I took a Photoshop class too, but since it is "photo" shop, it was all about photo manipulation.  OHH  and I also took an "Exploring Art" class, but again, that involved things like painting flowers, carving out of soapstone, and crafting jewelry.  Soooo unrelated.

Oh, and I did the last picture on SAI.  I didn't even know it existed until I went to Artist's Alley at an anime convention and started asking all of the artists about the programs they used, haha.

Hooray for tl;dr response.  In short, yes an art school, but most of the stuff I'm posting is from self-taught stuff.  Although, I owe art school a lot because it taught me the basics of drawing.
Wow, I wish I had your skills. :)

Wilhelmina Carmel

I've always wanted to try SAI, but I don't know where to get it and google doesn't help. o: And I lack money, but anyways, lots of good stuff can come out SAI. I've heard the tools are great. ;-;

~Team Awesome~