News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

A look at Halo 3

Started by thunderhero4, December 30, 2007, 10:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderhero4

Hello, im here to tell you about halo 3, i just recently got it and I was kinda disoppointed...heres my review of: HALO 3 (notice I did that G4 style  ;))

Ok lets start with story: The story is probably one of the few things better than the first 2...its way more dramatic and it is better to get into. But alas, you must play the first 2 to understand any of it...and I give it a 3/5 because its not one of those games like MP3 that refresh the story...

Graphics: This is better, by far...lots of beautiful shine effects and shading....but the frame rate isnt the best, I noticed the game lagged alot while I played campaign...its probably because of the Xbox 360's cooling problem, but I still give it 4.5/5 because it rocks, but there are still better...

Sound: This is one of the things that was "sort of" upgraded...the guns sound more realistic, the vehicles sound more realistic, and the voices are cool....but they re-used way too much of the old soundtrack and the only thing new was the music used in the first trailer...4/5

Gameplay: Definately the most opinionated section, gameplay is very much alike to the first 2...and its so close that once I think of how bored I got of Halo 2's gameplay after playing it so much, this game gets boring quick, but to newcomers who have just started playing halo with the 3rd, they will be pleased by the free will and speed of the combat...4/5

Campaign: This is one of the biggest disopointments...the campaign was just plain boring compaired to the first 2...at one half of the game there is too much walking and vehicle sections, and the other half there are way too much flood enemies and you end up running instead of fighting...and its really short, the only reason I would play campaign again would be the achivements, new suits, or skulls, thats it... 2/5

Multiplayer: Hmm, this is ok, the Xbox Live pretty much defines this, its pretty much the same as Halo 2 but with a bit more stuffs...
With Xbox Live: 5/5   Without Xbox Live: 2/5

Value: Worth less than 60$, it should have been 50$, and big rip off for the Legendary and special editions because they dont come with alot more... 2/5

Online stuff: Other than the Heroic map pack and file sharing stuff, its about the same as halo 2: 4/5

New Stuff: Not enough to sustain for that long, and they took out alot of the things that were really helpful: Rocket launcher cant lock on, no duel-weilding needlers, never fight elites (which were the funnest of the covenent): 2/5

Overall: This game was waaaaay overhyped, it wasnt THAT great, it was just ok...not as good as the first 2...especially in Campaign...I give it a 3/5

Allegretto

yea i agree with all of what you said

DSWiiMaster42

I've never played Halo 1 or 2 (I never owned an old Xbox, and the only old Xbox game I've played is Blinx), but I'm going to get a 360 someday and when I do, I'll just rent this to see how it is. Some people say it's good, some people say it's bad. I'll rent the game first.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

thunderhero4

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on January 27, 2008, 08:07:58 AM
I've never played Halo 1 or 2 (I never owned an old Xbox, and the only old Xbox game I've played is Blinx), but I'm going to get a 360 someday and when I do, I'll just rent this to see how it is. Some people say it's good, some people say it's bad. I'll rent the game first.
You will love it if you have never played a Halo game before! ;)

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 27, 2008, 10:47:45 AM
You will love it if you have never played a Halo game before! ;)
OK, I'll take your word on it. Thanks.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)