News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

An Inside Job - A Pokemon Roleplay

Started by FearItself, September 24, 2007, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: FearItself on September 29, 2007, 03:16:31 PM
Ooc// Marluxia, the point in a roleplay is to be descriptive. So what if the battle would carry on? So what if I don't post as fast as you would like me to? I'm not going to shorten my posts just because you don't want to have to read that much.

@Phoenix: The glow is fine, I like the idea, but using asterisks for actions is a sort of "short-cut" method.
Just type as if you were telling a story. Actions don't need asterisks, they're usually in complete sentences.

I'll give you an example.

Now... The only trouble is training Tentacool before the first gym.

Shaelyn crossed her arms, looking to the other two males that were conversing.

"I don't know why you're bothered by them Stantler. The guy seems friendly enough."

The underline is what actions usually look like. They don't have any special boldings, quotations, or anything, they're just sentences.

OOC/// Alright but you said to use astericks in the first post, but I will underline actions, glow thoughts, and quote/bold what I say. Is that alright???

IC/// Starts running with Lux

"Wait where is MM (I forget what name he is using here)? We need to wait for him"

Feels a chill

"It is starting to get colder out, which means nightfall is pretty much here, we need to head for shelter, so we can't get them to the Pokecenter tonight."
Sends out Cyndaquil

"Cyndaquil please keep us warm while we look for shelter"

"Cynda!"

Triforce_Luigi

OOC// I think MM calls himelf John here.
IC//"good thinking."

Avion-Finch

Avion looked at Mike for a second.  "So what brings ya here?" he asked.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

missingnomaster

John was jogging with Zig and was rather close to the Valley Wind works, as it was not a very long route. As he approached the large building, he saw what he was looking for. A swarm a drifloon, hanging around the Windmills. One of them noticed him and left the swarm.

"Floon?" It asked.

Umm.... I didn't expect one to come up and talk to me.... this is awkward...

"I want you to come along with me and my partner Zig."

"Flooon?" This time more curious.

"I suppose I will need to battle you first."

"Floon!" A bold look came into drifloon's eyes as it created a gust, threatening to lift Zig up.

"I see you didn't waste any time starting this. Thunderbolt should be very effective, Zig."

Electricity pulsed from Zig, and drifloon fell to the ground, but quickly got back up. Drifloons have a lot of stamina.

Then drifloon glowed with dark energy and rammed Zig. It was payback. The attack knocked Zig back but Zig stayed strong.

"Let's see how well you float when you're frozen. Ice beam Zig."

Zig fired the bluish beam at drifloon, who dodged it at first, but was hit, and then fell to the ground, too heavy to float.

"I almost forgot about the pokeballs Rowan gave me. Now You're mine, Floon."

John threw the red and white ball at the now nicknamed Floon, and Floon was sucked inside with a red light. After rocking a few times, the pokeball signaled a successful capture.

"Good. Now I have to pokemon to take on the Oreborgh Gym leader. Come out, Floon."

The pokeball opened and Floon was once more outside, and grabbed John by the arm.

It will definitely be a hard battle though, since drifloon is weak to rock attacks. I'm sure I'll manage somehow...

FearItself

Ooc// Phoenix, you don't need to underline actions, I just did that in my example to emphasize.
I specifically said in the general rules that asterisks around actions weren't allowed, it's in the first rule.

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on September 29, 2007, 03:22:47 PM
IC//"good thinking."

OOC/// Oh alright

IC/// "I think I see a tree over there! Maybe Cyndaquil can burn a hole in there!"

There doesn't seem to be enough room

"How about we do it with 3 trees that way we aren't all cramped, and feel awkward ( :P )"

Says awkward in a funny voice

Transient Link

Quote from: Avion-Finch on September 29, 2007, 03:23:04 PM
" what brought me here..... um uh.......i really dont know... i just wanted to go for a walk then BAM! i found myself here...."

mike looks in his bag

"no...no...no....aha!! here it is!"

he pulls out his pokedex

"i was wondering where i put you... oh yes your question also u never answered whos the weird one over there?"

points to girl

Triforce_Luigi

"Good idea. I hope this thing do
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on September 29, 2007, 03:26:08 PM
IC//"good thinking."

OOC/// Oh alright

IC/// "I think I see a tree over there! Maybe Cyndaquil can burn a hole in there!"

"How about we do it with 3 trees that way we aren't all cramped, and feel awkward ( :P )"

I hope this thing doesn't harm Luxio too much. I don't know what I would do if something happened to him."

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: missignomaster on September 29, 2007, 03:23:04 PM
John was jogging with Zig and was rather close to the Valley Wind works, as it was not a very long route. As he approached the large building, he saw what he was looking for. A swarm a drifloon, hanging around the Windmills. One of them noticed him and left the swarm.

"Floon?" It asked.

"Floon!" A bold look came into drifloon's eyes as it created a gust, threatening to lift Zig up.

"I see you didn't waste any time starting this. Thunderbolt should be very effective, Zig."

Electricity pulsed from Zig, and drifloon fell to the ground, but quickly got back up. Drifloons have a lot of stamina.

Then drifloon glowed with dark energy and rammed Zig. It was payback. The attack knocked Zig back but Zig stayed strong.

Zig fired the bluish beam at drifloon, who dodged it at first, but was hit, and then fell to the ground, too heavy to float.

John threw the red and white ball at the now nicknamed Floon, and Floon was sucked inside with a red light. After rocking a few times, the pokeball signaled a successful capture.

"Good. Now I have to pokemon to take on the Oreborgh Gym leader. Come out, Floon."

The pokeball opened and Floon was once more outside, and grabbed John by the arm.

It will definitely be a hard battle though, since drifloon is weak to rock attacks. I'm sure I'll manage somehow...

IC/// (while you were saying use thunderbolt) "Wait don't! Zig will get even weaker!"

Watches in amazement while Zig didn't seem to get weaker

That is weird how Zig doesn't get affected by the device while using an electric attack, but Luxio does; well that is Pokemon for you

(after battle) "Congrats John, follow me back to where we are sleeping tonight"

starts walking

Triforce_Luigi

By the time they returned, Lux and Luxio were sleeping. Luxioseemed to feel better.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: MARLUXIA on September 29, 2007, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on September 29, 2007, 03:23:04 PM
" what brought me here..... um uh.......i really dont know... i just wanted to go for a walk then BAM! i found myself here...."

mike looks in his bag

"no...no...no....aha!! here it is!"

he pulls out his pokedex

"i was wondering where i put you... oh yes your question also u never answered whos the weird one over there?"

points to girl

"You mean Shaelyn? I'm sorta following her.....but just until I get my first badge..." said Avion

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on September 29, 2007, 03:29:36 PM
"Good idea. I hope this thing do
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on September 29, 2007, 03:26:08 PM
IC//"good thinking."

OOC/// Oh alright

I hope this thing doesn't harm Luxio too much. I don't know what I would do if something happened to him."

OOC/// Whoops sorry Fear I misread it

IC/// "I also hope it doesn't hurt Luxio, but no matter what Team Galatic/Rocket/Magma/Aqua will pay!"

How will we be able to get through this?

Cyndaquil starts using Ember to make shelter

missingnomaster

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on September 29, 2007, 03:30:29 PM
Quote from: missignomaster on September 29, 2007, 03:23:04 PM

"Floon?" It asked.

IC/// (while you were saying use thunderbolt) "Wait don't! Zig will get even weaker!"

Watches in amazement while Zig didn't seem to get weaker

That is weird how Zig doesn't get affected by the device while using an electric attack, but Luxio does; well that is Pokemon for you

(after battle) "Congrats John, follow me back to where we are sleeping tonight"

starts walking

OOC// *record scratches* how did you randomly get here at valley wind works? anyway.

IC//"Sure. Also, in case you were wondering, I had Zig destroy the device with shadow claw a while back. And thanks for the offer, I was starting to miss that group.

Transient Link

"ha following her? you guys dont travel together? where are the other ones i want to fight that zig again."

laughs

"of course i would own it because u guys totaly cheated in the last battle"

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on September 29, 2007, 03:32:19 PM
By the time they returned, Lux and Luxio were sleeping. Luxioseemed to feel better.

OOC/// ALright we should be on the same page now :D

IC/// Checks Luxio

He seems to be feeling better probably because he is resting

Shows John were his shelter is