ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

~~ <3

Nayrman

Yeah. Nice of Sakurai to talk about the game without really saying much of anything. I mean, none of that was any surprise whatsoever. No 3D gameplay, which we all knew. Multiple control options, which we expected what with Wiimote support, GamepadPro/Not360, Tablet, etc., and not too many third parties. All of these pretty darn obvious.

The Riddler

No one pointing out "The game system itself is complete" and "Adding characters willy nilly would be bad"

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on August 07, 2012, 10:00:19 PM
No one pointing out "The game system itself is complete" and "Adding characters willy nilly would be bad"
It's been clarified that Sakurai was talking about the 2D fighting environment being complete and shouldn't need more addition to the fighting part (except for items, I guess). Furthermore, the "adding characters" parts only refers that he doesn't want to go crazy adding lots of third-party characters that can make the game look less Nintendo-y (whether he'll keep Sonic and Snake is not known).

Nobody can finish making a game like theirs in four months.

Zero

I could definitely see him keeping Snake. Kojima really likes Snake being involved with Smash. Sakurai probably feels the same way.

SEGA could go either way with Sonic though

zephilicious

Using the same third parties every game turns them into out of place series mainstays. If every game has different third paries, then they're just guest characters a la soul calibur. The latter is clearly the better option.
~~ <3