News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Bringing my old Gamecube back into action

Started by Kayo, June 17, 2011, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

I liked Sunshine a lot better than Galaxy, but it has a lot to do with nostalgia; Gamecube was the primary console of my gaming life, and all games on it from Sunshine to Super Monkey Ball are remembered with spectacularity. Galaxy is of course an awesome game, and definitely one of the best Wii games I've purchased, but I've yet to play Galaxy 2.

FruitFlow

Galaxy 2 was only better than the first because it had "extras".
Like the addition of Yoshi and the optional Stars.

But I did not like the fact that a lot of the cool upgrades were removed like Flying.

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 19, 2011, 08:32:23 PM
Yes, listen to Evil Gary. Galaxy 2 will remind you of Super Mario 64.
*coughthrowbackgalaxycough*
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Flying was a useless power up as it was only used for 1 star and for roaming around the hub world. Though, it could have easily been made useful and fun to use in Galaxy 2. Though, then again, maybe not that useful, as that Mario could fly just about anywhere, and to program something like that on some intercourse ed up gravity levels and stuff like that would be hard. Though THEN AGAIN, they could have just used it like the Boo Shroom and only have it in like, 1 or 2 levels, but more than 1 star.
I hope it somehow returns someday, because it would be a shame to waste such a cool Mario power-up color scheme.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: FruitFlow on June 19, 2011, 11:24:04 PM
Galaxy 2 was only better than the first because it had "extras".
Like the addition of Yoshi and the optional Stars.

But I did not like the fact that a lot of the cool upgrades were removed like Flying.

Except that Galaxy 2 has arguably better level design(which is something significant because Galaxy 1's level design is fantastic), and basically has everything Galaxy had and more except for flying via the Red Star Power-up, which was, as Jr said a one-time deal anyway. You're exaggerating when you say "a lot" of the upgrades were removed, iirc Galaxy 2 had the Bee Mushroom, Boo Mushroom, Fire Flower, Spring Mushroom, and Rainbow Star. All of those were in 1. The only ones completely removed was the Red Star and the Ice Flower(I think, could be wrong on this).

I'll be blunt here, none of these Mario games are bad. Saying they're bad games is just lol worthy.

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on June 20, 2011, 02:06:01 AM
Flying was a useless power up as it was only used for 1 star and for roaming around the hub world. Though, it could have easily been made useful and fun to use in Galaxy 2. Though, then again, maybe not that useful, as that Mario could fly just about anywhere, and to program something like that on some intercourse ed up gravity levels and stuff like that would be hard. Though THEN AGAIN, they could have just used it like the Boo Shroom and only have it in like, 1 or 2 levels, but more than 1 star.
I hope it somehow returns someday, because it would be a shame to waste such a cool Mario power-up color scheme.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
It could have had better usage in the sequel.

Quote from: Zero on June 20, 2011, 04:56:28 AM
Except that Galaxy 2 has arguably better level design(which is something significant because Galaxy 1's level design is fantastic), and basically has everything Galaxy had and more except for flying via the Red Star Power-up, which was, as Jr said a one-time deal anyway. You're exaggerating when you say "a lot" of the upgrades were removed, iirc Galaxy 2 had the Bee Mushroom, Boo Mushroom, Fire Flower, Spring Mushroom, and Rainbow Star. All of those were in 1. The only ones completely removed was the Red Star and the Ice Flower(I think, could be wrong on this).

I'll be blunt here, none of these Mario games are bad. Saying they're bad games is just lol worthy.

LOL. Who said they were bad games?
But aside from that I do agree I was exaggerating a bit by saying "a lot".
I thought for certain there something else missing since I only played Galaxy 1 during the launch year, and bsically forgot most of the stuff.

Also, Boo and Spring Shrooms were only used once through the entire game, so I was just "slightly" dissappointed with that since those had the most fun/challenging mechanisms.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy Galaxy 2.
I just disliked some of changes they made.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

Meh didn't really mean to come off as saying that someone here said they were bad, just kind of throwing it out there.

Yeah, but the Boo Shroom wasn't really used often in Mario Galaxy 1 either. I understand what you mean though, in 2 I expected more stages involving some of those power ups.

JrDude

I can see the Boo Shroom becoming a very interesting item in future Mario Party games, if ever used. Just came to mind.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on June 17, 2011, 02:26:56 PM
That's because it's a N64 game you intercourse ing tard.

Unless you mean LoZ Collectors Edition. In which case, say that.
Shit, that's what I was looking for. Just said "Majora's Mask" because it's what everyone's telling me to play and I haven't played it yet. But yeah, the CE is something I can't find anywhere, except online.

Quote from: Super on June 17, 2011, 03:26:05 PM
Paper Mario: TTYD is one of my favorite intercourse ing games ever, man. It rapes. I love the Gamecube.
Agreed 100%, and I already have it.

Quote from: Neerb on June 17, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
Feel free to choose for the most part, but Wind Waker, Melee, Mansion, Sunshine, Adventure 2 Battle, and Thousand Year Door are irrefutable MUST plays. In fact, I'd like to go back and buy those that I've sold...
Have all those but Wind Waker and A2B, and I didn't see either of them at Gamestop.

And yeah, I heard entirely mixed reviews on Sunshine. Some hated it, some loved it. I just had to get it and see for myself.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Live In Stereo on June 19, 2011, 05:07:11 AM
Rogue Squadron II
sonic mega collection

Mega collection's a waste of money what with most stupid people being able to buy any Sonic game off of VC

or if you're not stupid, you could just DL the roms of the four Sonic games and da da da daaaaaaaa saved yourself some money.

QuoteI liked Sunshine a lot better than Galaxy, but it has a lot to do with nostalgia; Gamecube was the primary console of my gaming life,

that's horribly pathetic and as a gamer I suggest suicide

as for the galaxy talk, Sunshine was poopty no matter how you look at it. Red coin missions somehow got worse from SM64, bosses were stupid and made little to no sense, and the general plot was impossible to ignore from how intercourse ing stupid it was. For instance, when Bowser Jr. says something to the effect of "peach is my mama!!!!" after you beat him the first time, Peach does not immediately deny it. It's like Miyamoto wanted Deviantart to cream its pants because Peach pretty much has a moment where she goes "Fuck, I did sleep with him but I thought I got the abortion...". Speaking of Peach, how can someone be so stupid that she's unable to determine if she gave birth to something with spikes? Lastly, the Bowser fight is horrendously stupid and you intercourse s can't call it anything but embarrassing to be caught playing in front of acquaintances.

oh and did I mention the platforming (when it existed) was mediocre? SM64 had less emphasis on platforming but it made that poop work for it because a. it was delving into a new type of genre to the series (for lack of a better phrase) and b. because it was fun. gathering blue coins isn't fun unless you're someone who likes to have youtube videos up with a side of gamefaqs because olol well there was a blue coin here even though spraying this wall would've made no logical sense and it was far out of the way too!

lastly, the extra game mechanics in this game blew horse poop. the blooper surfing is god awful to control and you have to collect red coins in a time limit with it, meaning you get to maximize on the awful controls for it. this was the beginning of the end for Yoshi as well, since he turned solely into a necessity, not something to make your game experience more fun. if you never noticed in SMW, you never needed Yoshi to get through the game (save some exits in the star world). he was just there because he's fun to use. in SMS, he exists only when necessary and you have to make sure he doesn't die of melting into the sky. That's not a fun partner to use, that's a intercourse ing ball and chain that I can ride on. Galaxy 2 did this, but at the very least they made Yoshi somewhat fun. In SMS, using him is a pain in the ass because you have to coordinate fruit for him, make sure he doesn't fall in water, and basically do busywork that only makes for tedious gameplay.

I know I said lastly at the beginning of my previous paragraph but I lied. the content is seriously just a huge joke. you go around collecting coins that make it near impossible to 100% without using some sort of outside help, you have to progress a poopty plot that makes no sense and ruins any sense of the word "mario", you have to do poopty shine missions like the watermelon festival

I honestly can't be bothered to finish that because the game just sucks and I'm repeating myself. it's like you intercourse s say it's a great game without ever having played it or something. Galaxy at least has some good platforming and a superior OST to Sunshine. This isn't even on the level of "opinions justify differences", if you think Sunshine is a good game, something's wrong with you and make sure to alert your local serial killer as soon as possible.

Quote from: Bearissoslow on June 22, 2011, 10:40:16 PM
Mega collection's a waste of money what with most stupid people being able to buy any Sonic game off of VC

or if you're not stupid, you could just DL the roms of the four Sonic games and da da da daaaaaaaa saved yourself some money.

Well if somebody was going to download all the games on the disc off the VC, it would be a lot cheaper to just get the mega collection. And you also have to take into consideration that this is talking about the Gamecube and games that are on it.
...̅̅̅

Bearissoslow

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Ron

F*ck the haters, I love Sunshine
Anyway, I did the same thing Kayo.

My collection currently includes (off the top of my head)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Mega Collection
Mario Sunshine
Smash Bros.
Mario Party 5-7
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 (I think)
Zelda: Windwaker
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Pikmin
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk Underground 1 & 2
Madden 2005
Namco Museum

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember right now.

Click me ^

Kayo

Quote from: Ron on July 02, 2011, 08:34:21 PM
F*ck the haters, I love Sunshine
Anyway, I did the same thing Kayo.

My collection currently includes (off the top of my head)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Mega Collection
Mario Sunshine
Smash Bros.
Mario Party 5-7
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 (I think)
Zelda: Windwaker
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Pikmin
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk Underground 1 & 2
Madden 2005
Namco Museum

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember right now.
That reminds me, I should go get some Tony Hawk game

just to get creative with button combinations. Always fun.
[move][/move]

MoS

I'm sort of in the opposite boat here. I've got about 30 Gamecube games I'm about to sell because it's just starting to gather dust and waste space. It's pretty surprising how much some of the games are still going for.

I's hard to let go of some of my favorites like Tales of Symphonia and my Zelda collection, but I need the money :(