News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

3D Animation

Started by Eizweir, October 04, 2010, 06:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

With games like Final Fantasy XIII recently released you can tell 3D animation has come a long way in recent years.  Recently, this video was featured on Youtube.  Watch in fullscreen + HD, or watch it on Youtube, it's better.

It's a simple little short, but it shows how the art style can be used.  What do you think of this?  It's definitely more than Jimmy Neutron or even Advent Children.  Do you prefer this or the old hand-drawn style like Scooby-Doo?  How can you see videogames changing with this technology in the future?

Thoughts?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Magnum

Hand drawn can travel through the ages. I believe Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs prove that. But I can't help but love this animation as well. It looks great in its own right. Unfortunately, hand drawn MIGHT die out. I sure hope it doesn't but there is always a possibility. With animation, you can take short-cuts. It's shorter to make when done right, and still looks great.

As for the video, I'm downloading it right now from their site. I love simple stories like this. I won't say anything in case someone read the replies before watching. I'll just say that it was really great.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change