News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Plot twist: Members of the Month and S.I.T.

Started by Vaatix, February 01, 2008, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaatix

Alright. We've noticed, first of all, that the Member of the Month program is going absolutely no where. Therefore, we have decided to get rid of it and replace it with something I'm sure everyone will like.
Starting today, the "S.I.T." or Site Improvement Team will be taking the place. These users will represent the forums normal userbase as a whole and will help in making administrative decisions. It's been described as a sort of congress or council. The team of 9 members will run on their own policies, rendering decisions and submitting suggestions to the administration directly. The chairman of the Team will sit in on the staff meetings, and will even have a vote in decisions that require such. They will bring everything the SIT has decided to submit to the meetings.
After the initial round and designing, the staff will not have a say in what the SIT decides on. We will not be able to influence decisions or policies, we will not be able to pick and choose the next candidates, and we will not be able to kick anyone out of the current SIT. SIT is obviously not the most creative name, so they will be able to change it and just about everything else about the group.
Now down to some of the more important business: What they'll actually be able to do. We've been working for several months on ironing out exactly what the SIT will be allowed to do, and have come to the conclusion that they can submit any suggestion, from board creations to staff promotions. (For certain reasons, staff demotions will obviously remain in the staff's choice, but the SIT Chairman will have a vote). This doesn't mean anything they decide will be instantly put into effect - The staff actually votes and makes the final decision. For fairness reasons, things like avatars and smileys can be put straight into effect. They can pick and choose different images to be added and they'll be added no questions asked.
Anything can be changed about the SIT save the amount of people being part of it and the duration, which is 5 months.

Now down to the fun part. The current SIT team, any of which can opt out of this responsiblity at any point in time. None of these people were informed, we wanted to keep this project under wraps until we worked out all the major issues.
Bluaki
Ninnin6
Mackormoses
Zovistograt
TheKoopaBros.
Genius
Friendly_Hostile
Kazooie-Banjo Don't ask me how
Talim2004
We trust these nine users will not abuse the power they've been invested with. They'll be representing you for the next 5 months.

SIT, you'll be informed of any other details you need to know soon enough. If you want any specifics, ask in your board.

[tl;dr]
Members of the month is gone, Site Improvement team takes place, all normal users hail Bluaki, Ninnin6, Mack, Zovi, TKB, Genius, F_H, Kaz, and Talim.
<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Well it sounds like a good idea. It should be interesting to see how this works out.

Also, congrats people.
...̅̅̅

Kayo

5 months?

there is a 100% chance that power abuse is coming.

i cant believe this. :|

ans also, i have no idea HOW some of these people made it. i think because they're "friends" with the staff.

god, because vaatix hates me, i'll never get anything. this is favoritist.

support/argue.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Joeofmars

I'm not exactly sure what this is for... but, whaaaatever.

Fell

Ah well, it will never happen to me, and  I will never want it.  ;)

Spongebob does not approve

Jono2

congrats to all who are in, but I'd like to add my two cents.

5 months is a really long time, especially considering the imminent return of real Nsider.  the committe, nevermind this site, will likely not last that long.

they should also have the power to kick members that are inactive and that aren't contributing anything to the comittee.

5 months is far too long, but as long as they don't have the power to ban users, it's fine by my part.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Macawmoses

Quote from: KAOS on February 01, 2008, 06:18:38 AM
5 months?

there is a 100% chance that power abuse is coming.

i cant believe this. :|

ans also, i have no idea HOW some of these people made it. i think because they're "friends" with the staff.

god, because vaatix hates me, i'll never get anything. this is favoritist.

support/argue.
I hope you are not against Genius. I want to point out why Hostile, Banjo, and he are LIKELY in. Without blatantly realistic people, the more popular people *Bluaki for instance* would be kept in check, although, obviously it should not be a problem. Believe it or not, he DOES contribute, and like his name suggests, is rather intelligent :)

So, if you have any respect for me, I ask that you at least give him a chance.

Friendly Hostile

Well this is quite the twist.  Didn't expect to see it happen.

As for those of you already screaming "OMG POWER ABUSE,"  we don't have any actual power if I understand this properly.  We are allowed to suggest and tell the staff how things should be done.   We can't actually implement anything.  We can't carry out any actual moderation abilities either.  So I don't understand where your argument lies for power abuse.

Hopefully though, we can finally get some poop done around here.

Silverhawk79

5 months? Why not just 3 or so? 5 is just such an...odd number.

Macawmoses

Tupin

5 months is an awfully long time...

I think it should be 2 months at the most, especially since you are giving people this much power.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 01, 2008, 09:30:03 AM
5 months is an awfully long time...

I think it should be 2 months at the most, especially since you are giving people this much power.
What power? I am the only one with mod powers...

Tupin

At least you chose a good group of people.

I just hope Genius doesn't do what he did a week ago, singling out members and calling everyone a moron. >_>

Ah, fun times.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 01, 2008, 09:36:42 AM

I just hope Genius doesn't do what he did a week ago, singling out members and calling everyone a moron. >_>

Ah, fun times.
What was that small part? Also, Genius will be fine. :)

Tupin

Quote from: mackormoses on February 01, 2008, 09:38:45 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 01, 2008, 09:36:42 AM

Ah, fun times.
What was that small part? Also, Genius will be fine. :)
I know he will, I know how not to tick him off.

If you want to know what I was talking about, talk to Ridley.