News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Best (Numbered) Final Fantasy Poll

Started by The Riddler, January 18, 2011, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Final Fantasy?

Final Fantasy I
3 (12.5%)
Final Fantasy II
1 (4.2%)
Final Fantasy III
5 (20.8%)
Final Fantasy IV
12 (50%)
Final Fantasy V
2 (8.3%)
Final Fantasy VI
6 (25%)
Final Fantasy VII
5 (20.8%)
Final Fantasy VIII
4 (16.7%)
Final Fantasy IX
9 (37.5%)
Final Fantasy X
2 (8.3%)
Final Fantasy XI
1 (4.2%)
Final Fantasy XII
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XIII
2 (8.3%)
Final Fantasy XIV
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

The Riddler

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 07, 2011, 04:55:32 PM
It comes with equipping them with the Twin Stars. When they use Twincast, they'll cast Double Meteor.
Right. But it still takes forever for them to cast it, like any Twincast. And I don't think it's guaranteed. I'm pretty sure I still got Flare.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on November 07, 2011, 08:53:49 PM
Right. But it still takes forever for them to cast it, like any Twincast. And I don't think it's guaranteed. I'm pretty sure I still got Flare.
Flare and Holy are pretty damaging, anyway. Palom and Porom are Rydia and Rosa.

The Riddler

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 07, 2011, 08:57:58 PM
Flare and Holy are pretty damaging, anyway. Palom and Porom are Rydia and Rosa.
Eh, aside from loving them as characters, in terms of loving fighters I'd go with Rydia and Rosa every time.

Unless I want more of a challenge.

DededeCloneChris

I'd have Porom over Rosa since Cry is a useful ability, it being the only defense decreaser move.

Zero

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 07, 2011, 09:29:08 PM
I'd have Porom over Rosa since Cry is a useful ability, it being the only defense decreaser move.

Doesn't cry confuse enemies? Yang's Brace casts protect.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 07, 2011, 11:37:53 PM
Doesn't cry confuse enemies? Yang's Brace casts protect.
No, no it doesn't confuse enemies. It decreases defense permanently until you kill all enemies.

Zero

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 08, 2011, 08:38:27 AM
No, no it doesn't confuse enemies. It decreases defense permanently until you kill all enemies.

I just used it and it definitely confuses enemies.

I'm being legit here.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 08, 2011, 11:33:36 AM
I just used it and it definitely confuses enemies.

I'm being legit here.
Oh, it looks like Porom's Cry ability oddly changes between versions. I didn't notice this.

SNES/GBA - Makes fleeing easier.
DS - Lowers enemies' defense.
PSP - Confuses enemies.

Zero

nice.

Anyway so i guess the best thing to do would be to beat Zeromus again with the other characters before i start the secret dungeon, right?

intercourse

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 08, 2011, 02:42:18 PM
nice.

Anyway so i guess the best thing to do would be to beat Zeromus again with the other characters before i start the secret dungeon, right?

intercourse
Yes. However, completing each trial gives you some pretty broken battle items. Silliness ensues.

The Riddler

The Grimoire for Lunar Mist Dragon glitches Zeromus, or Zeromus EX.

Also, depending on how much you grind the other characters before going back to Zeromus, you may want to take an old party member with you for backup.

Bearissoslow

so I literally just beat FFVI and here are my thoughts:

- great narrative and characters

- horrible gameplay with WOR

- Ultima made WOR way too intercourse ing easy. Nearly every boss was just Ultima spam with prior Hastega + Slowga in place. I legitimately never had to change this strategy and really only healed once during the entire Kefka's Tower boss fights.

- The esper system started out good but really just devolved into "grind grind grind so you can give everyone good spell!", which is bad. I know Zero or Riddler will argue that the class system previously implemented was grindy in nature but actually intercourse  you it really wasn't. All you had to do was learn a class as you progressed through the story. It's not as though it was the ever necessary magic itself, which you kind of need on at least one to two characters for this type of game, it was just the ability to cast it. That and learning the magic casting levels was really intercourse ing easy and let you determine who your mages would be and who your physical people would be. In this, you'd kind of be clamoring over yourself to get everyone relevant magic so they don't become useless since physical attacks really are just worthless unless you're Umaro. It started out as a good idea but the implementation was horribull.

- Kefka is a poopty villain, even for FF standards.

- V had superior gameplay but VI had the superior story. both had an equal OST (this is subject to change since I haven't looked at VI's OST too much).

- why the intercourse  was there no Gilgamesh theme in this game since you can FIGHT him. 0/10

VI was fun and all but WOR blew poop in the gameplay department but I liked the narrative and stuff. V's still the better game to me. inb4noonecaresn_gger

The Riddler

Quote from: Bearissoslow on November 17, 2011, 06:44:19 PM
- Kefka is a poopty villain, even for FF standards.
Have to ignore your entire post because of this line of retardation.

Kefka is one of the best video game villains of all time, not just Final Fantasy.

He's a mad man that is actually successful in his goal. He's pure evil.

Kayo

I'm not going to pay any regard to anything you say because your opinion on one thing is different than mine waaaaaa
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayghost on November 18, 2011, 01:17:58 PM
I'm not going to pay any regard to anything you say because your opinion on one thing is different than mine waaaaaa
As if you know a single thing about anything?